Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Patriots be starting their main starters?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Patriots be starting their main starters?

In their wk4 preseason game with the Giants? Im kind of curious because I'm going to that game and it would be a shame not see Brady on his ***...

I will be in the house also, and i would imagine so, the starters should have some sort of time together and week 4 of the preseason is the closest to the season, and it's when most rosters are finalized. So im hoping so.
    Previously NYGiants141

Since December 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGiants1411 View Post
      I will be in the house also, and i would imagine so, the starters should have some sort of time together and week 4 of the preseason is the closest to the season, and it's when most rosters are finalized. So im hoping so.
      yea just curious because they didn't start any of them against the Eagles. I could really only afford preseason tickets so I hope the starters get some time. Well have a great time at the game man!

Comment

starters don't play in week 4

Comment

Originally posted by JSpin View Post
          starters don't play in week 4
          are u sure?

Comment

Originally posted by nygmen90 View Post
            are u sure?
            It depends. Sometimes they play sometimes they don't. Even if they do play its usually the least amount of all 3 preseason games, maybe 1 or 2 series at the most.
            NYG

Comment

I hope sooooooooooooooooo

Comment

it wouldnt shock me if that was the game BB decides to play his starters bc we'll be playing our bottom depth guys and it will give them a clean easy walk thru. they could even install their gameplan for opening day vs our depth guys...watch BB play his starters for like a half vs our guys fighting for the last roster spots

Comment

no they wont
                  sigpic

Comment

You're unlikely to see starters from either team.

Game 3 is the one which most closely resembles a competitive game.

Comment

Yep, most of the time week 4 is for the guys to get their chance to showcase and make the roster. The starters are usually rested for the whole game. Now Belichick has never done anything the conventional way so who knows but its probably a safe bet they won't play them.

Maybe he'll send Ballard out there on crutches to hobble a route or two.
                      Last edited by Rat_bastich; 08-22-2012, 05:46 AM. Reason: Corrected spelling on Belichick

Comment

I think the Giants starters may get in for a series with Nicks out there as well. As for NE, usually Belichick sits everyone.

Comment

I'm sure most of the starters, on either team, will NOT start week 4 of the preseason.

From the Giants side of things, week 4 is mostly for the young guys fighting for a roster spot. I do wonder though if Nicks gets some work in week 4 early? But if Eli does not play, starting Nicks won't be of a big benefit, since Carr or Perriloux won't be the QBs starting in the regular season.

Comment

yes traditionally week 3 is your game where you may see starters for 3 quarters which most likely represents actual game conditions. Then in week 4 they finalize all the loose ends for guys trying to make team so you dont see starters hardly at all or very little. thats how it has always been. check back and seehow we made that comeback on NE in last year when we were down like 17-3 or so and won 18-17. there was guys making big plays that didnt even make the team
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

there was a big WR (heavy not tall) that made a nice catch and run for a TD. cant remember his name cause he didnt make the team. caught it in the middle of the field on around our 40 and showed break away speed for a big guy that was surprising
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                              X