Coughlin and Beatty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coughlin and Beatty

Maybe it's just me, but I think that TC, as an old school guy, is beginning to lose patience with Will Beatty. I think that TC thinks he could suck it up and play. That he is just soft.

Perhaps it's because out of uniform Beatty looks like a research scientist.

He has a back problem. You don't just try to work through it. TC has to be patient because he has no other choice.

Comment

You don't just play through a back injury and tough it out. Ask Shawn Andrews.
      "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all – land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

As a certifiable old fart I can tell you that back pain is NO FUN. It literally takes your breath away ---if you even move the wrong way. I have had broken
        bones out the wazoo and they do not come close to bad back pain !

Comment

Originally posted by BabyBull2 View Post
          Maybe it's just me, but I think that TC, as an old school guy, is beginning to lose patience with Will Beatty. I think that TC thinks he could suck it up and play. That he is just soft.

Worse, he plays with the tenacity of a research scientist........with all due respect to the research scientists on these boards. lol
          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

chronic back injuries and LT dont mix. Beaty will always have an issue........
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

As a coach he knows the O-Line needs to play together to gain chemistry. However u cant do it when you LT of the "future" is always hurt.

I think next year they need to address the o-line with blue chip players. You have an elite QB in the prime of his career, u need to protect him!! Look at that INT Eli threw against the Jets...it's bc he was shying away from the hit (which is great in a pre-season game) u dont want old habits to return. I got alot of respect for Eli that dude took a beating in SF...I dont wanna see that kinda **** again.

Comment

I hope that we get Kareem McKenzie to come back but I am sure he is not in football shape.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                  chronic back injuries and LT dont mix. Beaty will always have an issue........
                  I agree and think the team is still in the hunt for a LT and more than likely we'll have to tough it out this season with Locklear unless we're able to pickup some help in the cuts that are coming up but thats not likely. Even if we have to draft the guy we need he probably won't start for a year or so...

Comment

Petgrue had a similar issue that he managed through for awhile; what's Brewer looking like?

Comment

William Beatty =
                      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I had back pain for almost a year every single day. It really sucks. And just when you think you got better, one false movement and it is back to messing with that sciatic nerve. It is a real problem unless you have surgery which can make it better or worse. Now if you can handle the pain great. I found that putting on harnesses that squeeze your torso does help. Losing weight helps to put less stress on the back. But playing football with a bad back in my opinion pretty much means career over unless you are a beast with handling pain.

Comment

I honestly think should just part ways with him...the guy can never get on the field and when he was starting last yr he wasn't even good. I really don't see the upside with him, it just seems like he's a waste of time. They should just cut ties and give locklear, brewster, or peitrus a shot enough is enough with this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyBull2 View Post

TC wants the team to win and he wants to put them in the b est position he can to make that happen. When a key player is out of action he wants them to get back but not at the risk of making things worse.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by luni View Post
                              I hope that we get Kareem McKenzie to come back but I am sure he is not in football shape.
                              Not sure he was ever in football shape.

Comment

Working...
                              X