Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any guesses on whether Barden survives the cut?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any guesses on whether Barden survives the cut?

Is he still under-achieving ? Could he be kept just for his height in the GREEN ZONE situations? 6' 6" , the tallest in the stable...Or is he done?

Oh don't tell me another "let's bash Barden thread" Yak.......

Comment

I'd cut him........

Comment

I expect him to get more looks this season and think this is probably his last year to try and prove that he can be a big time green zone threat.
        NY GIANTS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!
        ALL IN!!!

Comment

I think he gets cut this year and another team will pick him up
          ALL IN!

sigpic

Comment

Well I hope he can ! Like I said..that height and jump could be a great weapon...@ Captain..wasn't implying anything..just asking for opinions! Did you have one? Thanks OX1 ,Hakeeeem88 !

Comment

Thats is my concern Tuckit91...our luck his talent shows up elsewhere.

Comment

Yes it is time to cut him loose when the first cuts come along.

Comment

i look at it this way....even if he makes the team he will be #6 behind JJ, Randle and Hixon. Being #6 means he will be inactive for many games and when he is actibe he wont get much playing time anyway. He's in his last year of his contract and hes gone after this season. Therefore, why bother keeping him on the roster? Cut him now and give that roster spot to a younger WR who will be around for a few years...Douglas, DePalma, Stanbach etc.

Comment

"The Barden Project" has been cut due to financial constraints, but mostly due to him not being able to read/understand our playbook. He is the "WEAKEST RECIEVER" Goodbye!
                    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Comment

Ask again after the Patriot's game
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I think he's gone unless he shows some big revelation in the last two preseason games....and even if he does, I just see them keeping him around for depth.

I don't really want to bash on the guy but he doesn't flash, he doesn't play ST's and he has problems staying healthy. On top of that he's not the best route runner, doesn't have very good speed and the Giants don't even exploit his biggest attribute which is the fade route.

I'd have no problems if he got cut. He's a nice guy and all but I haven't seem any sense of urgency or any leap in progression from the guy from year to year. David Douglas is the guy I think they'll make room for on the depth chart....imo.
                        "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Douglas gets my vote!

Comment

He sucks....cut ties lets move on. Dude is big for no reason, cant use his body to box out CB's

Comment

Originally posted by Razur View Post
                              Is he still under-achieving ? Could he be kept just for his height in the GREEN ZONE situations? 6' 6" , the tallest in the stable...Or is he done?
                              I think at this point it is a toss up. The guy clearly isn't living up to expectations.
                              Lets go, Giants!

Comment

Working...
                              X