Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any guesses on whether Barden survives the cut?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razur
    started a topic Any guesses on whether Barden survives the cut?

Any guesses on whether Barden survives the cut?

Is he still under-achieving ? Could he be kept just for his height in the GREEN ZONE situations? 6' 6" , the tallest in the stable...Or is he done?

• Rudy
    replied
    How come we always hear how he's making great progress in camp, but it never transfers onto the field? That's what baffles me.

Leave a comment:

• BeatYale
    replied
    Originally posted by GeoGoGo View Post
    Why doesn't he play on special teams? Just curious. I had such high hopes for him but even I can not support him much longer. If you ask me, he needs to d***le the coaching staff next game.
    Toughness. Work ethic.

Leave a comment:

• dave56dj
    replied
    I would guess he will be back. The other options have looked nice in camp (douglas) but no one has really separated themselves in games so I dont see them cutting there draft choice, despite the fact that he too has not separated himself in games. Game three might give us a better idea. He has started in the first two games. So you can look at it two ways - 1) he is ahead on the depth chart due to practice 2) The giants are begging him to step up. That said they couldve given jernigan that shot too. I think he makes it but there is still evaluation to be done tmrw and weds.

Leave a comment:

• RagTime Blue
    replied
    If we release him, it means he's not a good fit for this team. I don't care who takes him. Sinorice and Steve Smith went to Philly, Plax to the Jets. . .I'm not sure Barden is better than any of those guys, so no biggie.

Leave a comment:

• Razur
    replied
    Originally posted by middlecountrygiantsfan View Post
    Thats a good question. My guess is he probably isnt physcial enough. I am pretty sure the reports I have read are that he struggles getting off of press coverage and just gets jammed. So he probably doesnt have the physciality needed for ST.
    if that's true...what a waste...we had one helluva scrapper with Plax...We have a great corp now...just wish we had that height advantage once again..plax was practically automatic using it...

Leave a comment:

• middlecountrygiantsfan
    replied
    Originally posted by GeoGoGo View Post
    Why doesn't he play on special teams? Just curious. I had such high hopes for him but even I can not support him much longer. If you ask me, he needs to d***le the coaching staff next game.
    Thats a good question. My guess is he probably isnt physcial enough. I am pretty sure the reports I have read are that he struggles getting off of press coverage and just gets jammed. So he probably doesnt have the physciality needed for ST.

Leave a comment:

• pj18
    replied
    I don't understand how he seemingly hasn't made ANY progress in his career so far. If he hasn't after 3 seasons in the same system what makes them think he suddenly will now? I know he's kind of considered a high draft pick, but over the years there's been tons of WR drafted in the 1st and 2nd rounds that haven't worked out for teams. At least he was in the third.

Leave a comment:

• Razur
    replied
    Originally posted by jimsgints View Post
    If he's cut the Pats will pick him up. It's the kind of crappy thing they do.
    Well ,I can see that if he was put on waivers..but if he is cut..that pretty much tells them he isn't worth keeping, and they gain nothing by picking up a player we don't want...they took Ballard ..a valuable player...and we have nobody to blame for that but our own FO.

Leave a comment:

• jimsgints
    replied
    If he's cut the Pats will pick him up. It's the kind of crappy thing they do.

Leave a comment:

• GeoGoGo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• middlecountrygiantsfan
    replied
    Isnt his main problem his inability to release at the line of scrimmage?

Leave a comment:

• JesseJames
    replied
    Barden doesn't play STs and hasn't shown squat in the passing game so why would the team part with a younger more talented reciever to keep Barden who has shown nothing

Leave a comment:

• GameTime
    replied
    Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
    With our luck he gets cut and picked up by an NFCE foe. Then he becomes a thorn in our side for years to come.
    what makes you think that another team can get out of him what the Giants have been trying to do since day 1. You think the Giants coaches are that bad??
    He gets cut and does nothing. He doesnt have the drive or the desire to be an accomplished NFL WR.

Leave a comment:

• RagTime Blue
    replied
    Can you believe we used 2 draft picks on him (kind of like Sinorice)?

Reese even said post-draft 2012 that he doesn't believe in trading up anymore, since that hasn't worked for us.

Some of our other backups are good special teams players too. I'm interested to see if he makes it this year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X