Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OL is Terrible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The OL is Terrible

    There’s really no other way to put it. Kareem McKenzie’s decline was dramatic (he went from being one of the best RTs in the league to one of the worst) and as such he’s no longer on the team. David Diehl is starting at that position in camp, the only problem being he’s even worse. It’s amazing the Giants were able to win the Super Bowl with him at LT. The problems don’t end there, though, with Chris Snee, David Baas, and Kevin Boothe combining for a -48.9 grade. Even William Beatty struggled in his first year starting and, to make matters worse, he’s got back issues. Depth is also a concern with Sean Locklear the only experienced vet behind them.

    Posted on http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...w-york-giants/
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

  • #2
    Yup. Which is why we were dead last in rushing last year.
    WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ibbill View Post
      There’s really no other way to put it. Kareem McKenzie’s decline was dramatic (he went from being one of the best RTs in the league to one of the worst) and as such he’s no longer on the team. David Diehl is starting at that position in camp, the only problem being he’s even worse. It’s amazing the Giants were able to win the Super Bowl with him at LT. The problems don’t end there, though, with Chris Snee, David Baas, and Kevin Boothe combining for a -48.9 grade. Even William Beatty struggled in his first year starting and, to make matters worse, he’s got back issues. Depth is also a concern with Sean Locklear the only experienced vet behind them.

      Posted on http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...w-york-giants/
      I hate posts like this but at the same time I'm grateful for them because they keep me in reality where the Giants OL is concerned. What do you think is the solution?

      Comment


      • #4
        Im more of a fan of the run game, so having thee worst run game in the NFL drives me crazy. We need to SERIOUSLY look at 2 new OTs in the draft this upcoming season.
        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

        Comment


        • #5
          did u read the rest of the article. it was 5 reasons to be confident 5 reasons why not to be confident. OL is obvious.

          but the article is well written. it recognizes things well, like kiwi to de in tollys role is addition by subtraction bc he graded poorly in pass coverage.

          the OL will be able to protect eli, which gives us a good shot to win any game. if we can run block, we will have a dominant year imho.

          Comment


          • #6
            elis play was ridic in the postseason with a plus 20 grade. if he can carry that level of play over to this reg season, we will win more than 10 games...read the article and not just that lil snippet that the OP oddly chose to focus on in such a well written article...almost as if a 'boys fan troll would do it

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
              elis play was ridic in the postseason with a plus 20 grade. if he can carry that level of play over to this reg season, we will win more than 10 games...read the article and not just that lil snippet that the OP oddly chose to focus on in such a well written article...almost as if a 'boys fan troll would do it
              It makes you wonder how Brady or Brees would grade out if they had an O-line like Eli, Rodgers, or Cutler. They've always been privileged to have phenomenal protection in their career.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                It makes you wonder how Brady or Brees would grade out if they had an O-line like Eli, Rodgers, or Cutler. They've always been privileged to have phenomenal protection in their career.
                Cutler seems to get good protection except when they play the Giants.......the Giants seem to abuse that offense the last couple times they have played
                "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

                1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Let's regroup a little. The main problem with last year's OLine was the constant revolving door of the players. When they did have a five week span of time where they played the same positions, Eli went sackless (a franchise record). At the moment the only non-starter form last season looks like Will Beatty for whatever period of time and because we are still in the pre-season there is time to adjust when the games "don't count."

                  Let's wait and see how they play when the regular season starts. The coaching staff is all about improving the OLine's efficiency. I think we have to give them the benefit of the doubt.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                    Im more of a fan of the run game, so having thee worst run game in the NFL drives me crazy. We need to SERIOUSLY look at 2 new OTs in the draft this upcoming season.
                    Beatty for president
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
                      Beatty for president
                      Im liking Beatty less and less each injury.... For the moment Ive pulled the Beatty Bandwagon into the station for a little while

                      If he doesnt come back with the fire of 1,000 suns then we MUST look at OTs in the 1st 2 rounds of the draft
                      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                        Im liking Beatty less and less each injury.... For the moment Ive pulled the Beatty Bandwagon into the station for a little while

                        If he doesnt come back with the fire of 1,000 suns then we MUST look at OTs in the 1st 2 rounds of the draft
                        This. BPA only works if you're generally even between positions. The team is only as strong as its weakest link, and if our O-line can't do a thing for the run game and can't keep Eli upright, it's going to be a long season. I'm still going to trust Reese on this, but it's starting to look real shady from where I'm standing...

                        I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                          Im liking Beatty less and less each injury.... For the moment Ive pulled the Beatty Bandwagon into the station for a little while

                          If he doesnt come back with the fire of 1,000 suns then we MUST look at OTs in the 1st 2 rounds of the draft
                          This. BPA only works if you're generally even between positions. The team is only as strong as its weakest link, and if our O-line can't do a thing for the run game and can't keep Eli upright, it's going to be a long season. I'm still going to trust Reese on this, but it's starting to look real shady from where I'm standing...

                          Let's put it this way: If we had reaches for some Tackles in the draft instead of taking Wilson and Randle, we could have something where DJ Ware could consistently produce under. Also, that would still be superfluous, since as o-linemen are generally not paid as much as wideouts or RB, we would have had enough cap space to give Jacobs the money he wanted, and with a rejuvenated o-line he would have been that old wrecking ball he was once known to be. Not to mention Eli would have all day to throw, in which he could even make Barden a half-decent receiver. I'm fine with the way it is (In Reese We Trust), but I want to see some o-linemen next draft.

                          I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                            This. BPA only works if you're generally even between positions. The team is only as strong as its weakest link, and if our O-line can't do a thing for the run game and can't keep Eli upright, it's going to be a long season. I'm still going to trust Reese on this, but it's starting to look real shady from where I'm standing...

                            Let's put it this way: If we had reaches for some Tackles in the draft instead of taking Wilson and Randle, we could have something where DJ Ware could consistently produce under. Also, that would still be superfluous, since as o-linemen are generally not paid as much as wideouts or RB, we would have had enough cap space to give Jacobs the money he wanted, and with a rejuvenated o-line he would have been that old wrecking ball he was once known to be. Not to mention Eli would have all day to throw, in which he could even make Barden a half-decent receiver. I'm fine with the way it is (In Reese We Trust), but I want to see some o-linemen next draft.
                            Funny...LT is normally one of the highest salary positions
                            "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

                            1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                              Funny...LT is normally one of the highest salary positions
                              Hmm... After looking at the Franchise Tag data and realizing how much came straight out of my ***, I'll defer to your judgment on that point. Still would have liked to see an improved O-line over position players though...

                              I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X