Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Giants: We try our hand at the Giants' 53 man roster

LINK

Excerpt: "We have been getting quite a bit of mail asking who we see making the Giants’ roster. After careful consideration, we have come up with the below. There are a few surprises, and we took the liberty of providing some insight on why we believe some players will stick and others will not. Feel free to agree or disagree…" Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I don't understand Ojomo not even getting a mention
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Neither do I, I think it's too early to project anyway.

Comment

he hasnt done anything really. he'll get attention if he plays well tmrw night vs better competitin. also, marshall has also looked really good as has tracy.

Comment

Ojomo looked very impressive vs the Jets. A lot of heart and hustle for sure.

Comment

I don't see them cutting James Brewer. He was a project tackle taken last year w/ no offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Jahh View Post
              I don't see them cutting James Brewer. He was a project tackle taken last year w/ no offseason.
              Id be confused if they cut Brewer.Why draft a raw upside guy and cut him before he has enough time to develop.I think Mccants can be stashed. 1 other thing why does everyone assume Tryon makes this team.I dont think he is very good at all.I would cut him

Comment

Some tough cuts coming for young guys, I think WR, DL, LB are going to be rough. I hope some of these guys stand out tonight or next week.
                The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

Tough cuts all around. Ones that might surprise:

Chase Blackburn- not a lock regardless of last year's playoff run, it would let them keep Jones or Mausau

Beatty- If he continues to stay off the field, they may be ready to move-on (durability is the new name of the game)

Pascoe- now that they've got a real fullback, his value has dropped some, I think this one depends on Beckum's recovery (even though I'm not a Beckum fan myself)

Austin- Not sure how much longer they're going to stick with him (the durability thing again)

Ware- His value is pretty run of the mill, and they might take a chance with younger player. Martinek can go to the practice squad, so I think there's a chance it's Brown here.

Surprise not-cut: Ryan Piriloux- They may not want to take a chance of losing him on waivers.

Comment

They need to try again!

Comment

No real surprises here, except for their prediction about Stevie Brown(safety) its seems that anytime this guy is involved in a play it is something negative.
                      Last edited by ShakeandBake; 08-24-2012, 05:45 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                        I don't understand Ojomo not even getting a mention
                        because he has had one good game against third's and tebow. that hardly warrants a roster spot, definitely puts hin im consideration but he needs to show more against whomever he plays before he in my opinion gets mentioned on th 53.

*i have this assumption that you have me on your ignore list, but i'll continue responding accordingly until otherwise

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                        @Katdaddyjay 17h
                        @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                        http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                          Id be confused if they cut Brewer.Why draft a raw upside guy and cut him before he has enough time to develop.I think Mccants can be stashed. 1 other thing why does everyone assume Tryon makes this team.I dont think he is very good at all.I would cut him
                          i agree with the tyron part, he has not shown me anything to believe he is not a liability on the field

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                          @Katdaddyjay 17h
                          @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                          http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

I recant my earlier surprise cut of Chase, he seems to be way ahead of Herzlich still. I can't see them cutting him. All the others I'm still good with.

Comment

I think Greg Jones will be over Paysinger. It's a numbers game and you have Boley, Rivers and Williams ahead of Paysinger.

Tyler Sash will probably be kept over Brown in spite of the suspension.

Comment

Working...
                              X