• Show
Clear All

• Bottom 3 rated Defensive teams in the NFL

30 Giants

31 Packers

32 Patriots

Kind of interesting.

Re: Bottom 3 rated Defensive teams in the NFL

Very interesting---makes you question the old adage "Defense Wins Championships"

Comment

A complete embarrassment to everything the Giants stand for and represent.

Comment

[quote user="sligoker"]Very interesting---makes you question the old adage "Defense* Wins Championships"
        [/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if none of those three teams won the Super Bowl though. I know everyone is on Green Bay's jock strap but they are beatable and as the Patriots showed in their ALMOST undefeated season (HAH) that slip up will come. I'd actually feel better about Green Bay's chances if they drop one in the regular season.

Comment

There's a difference, the other 2 are blowing people out, well GB is, while the giants are having to come back from behind.

Comment

while that is interesting ... total yards is the absolute worst way to rank defenses ... points allowed, turnovers created and negative plays (sacks / tackles for loss) are all so much more important

teams that score a lot of points will almost always give up extra yards due to the other team needing to try to make a comeback

having said that, nobody is going to say that defence won a championship for the Pats or Packers and if we somehow miraculously win, Eli will almost certainly be the hero

Comment

[quote user="TroyArcher"]

30 Giants

31 Packers

32 Patriots

Kind of interesting.

[/quote]

Here's where they rank in scoring defense:

27 Giants
              15 Packers
              14 Patriots

While we may be close in terms of yards given up, we're giving up significantly more points than those teams.

We're also tied for giving up the second most pass TDs at 24, and tied for giving up the 6th most rushing TDs.

Comment

Giants arent forcing Turnovers like they were last year.

Comment

[quote user="EVGiant17"][quote user="sligoker"]Very interesting---makes you question the old adage "Defense Wins Championships"
                  [/quote] I wouldn't be surprised if none of those three teams won the Super Bowl though. I know everyone is on Green Bay's jock strap but they are beatable and as the Patriots showed in their ALMOST undefeated season (HAH) that slip up will come. I'd actually feel better about Green Bay's chances if they drop one in the regular season.[/quote]

they are??? by whom?? They are 13 - 0 for the season and like 19-0 from last season...

their D gives up yards but is in the middle of the pack in points given up.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

[quote user="sligoker"]Very interesting---makes you question the old adage "Defense Wins Championships"
                    [/quote]

Dont be so quick. None of those 3 teams play "playoff style" football.

Even the packers are going to struggle when snow starts to fall when strong defenses and running games shine.

Our defense is awful either way.

Comment

Packers D is underrated if you ask me.

Sure they give up a boatload of yards but they lead the league by far in forcing turnovers, and they don't give up many points in the red zone.

Our defense as a whole is absolutely dreadful, embarrassingly so.....can't believe the great New York Giants, a team which prides itself on an intimidating, formidable defense has come to this.

Yea, we had a whole lot of injuries but it shouldn't have ever come to the point where we expect to lose leads only minutes after we get them, where we expect to be scored on no matter the situation, where we pray for our offense to run a lot of clock, then score because we're certain our defense can't stop the other team. It's pathetic.

Thank the good Lord for JPP! Honestly, had it not been for Eli's stellar year, he'd be the clear MVP of our team. W/o him, our defense would be soooo much worse....and that's saying something.

The kid deserves Pro Bowl honors...

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Giants arent forcing Turnovers like they were last year.[/quote]

This. Green Bay does not have a good defense, but they do create opportunities for the offense and their offense takes better advantage of those opportunities.

Comment

[quote user="sligoker"]Very interesting---makes you question the old adage "Defense* Wins Championships"
                          [/quote]

Not really. None of those three teams have won a championship with defenses ranked so poorly and I doubt any of them will.

As far as the Giants. We needs better production from the D. A little better. Nothing drastic and we should be ok.
                          My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="TroyArcher"]

30 Giants

31 Packers

32 Patriots

Kind of interesting.*

[/quote]

It's the seventh sign.
                            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="EVGiant17"][quote user="sligoker"]Very interesting---makes you question the old adage "Defense* Wins Championships"
                              [/quote] I wouldn't be surprised if none of those three teams won the Super Bowl though. I know everyone is on Green Bay's jock strap but they are beatable and as the Patriots showed in their ALMOST undefeated season (HAH) that slip up will come. I'd actually feel better about Green Bay's chances if they drop one in the regular season.[/quote]

they are??? by whom?? They are 13 - 0 for the season and like 19-0 from last season...

their D gives up yards but is in the middle of the pack in points given up.

[/quote]

You are right. They are 13-0 but they have flaws like every other team. Aaron Rodgers is going to have an off day like every other QB in the NFL does and when it happens Green Bay fans better hope its not in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X