I like Kiwi, but Rivers should start at Linebacker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Kiwi, but Rivers should start at Linebacker

I really like the way Kiwi has accepted the role of a hybrid DE/LB but Rivers is a more complete linebacker. Rivers can run with backs and tight ends, while Kiwi does clog up running lanes. Kiwi should just be a Defensive End and stay busy in our NASCAR packages.
    " In Reese to Sign a Bust"

And this is for when Boley makes a return

Comment

both looking good ... nice problem to have ... our front 7 is SCARY
      Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

They do not play the same LB position. The Parts are not that easily interchangable.
        sigpic

Comment

Kiwi is SAM. Rivers plays the other two, and not even close to DE.

Both are playing very well, it seems, and it's fortunate we can get them both on the field at the same time.

Comment

rivers will start for boley. its a great thing we have rivers stashed away. JR genius strikes again!

Comment

I'm wondering where Jacquain is gonna play when he comes back?

Comment

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
                I'm wondering where Jacquain is gonna play when he comes back?
                Nickel, Special Teams. Plus filling in on Will if need be.

Comment

I don't know how anyone watching this game [or even last year] can actually ask Kiwi to take a seat, regardless of what other LBer is in the wings.

Comment

well your WISH has come true GREAT ... !!!! . hope you know more than the rest of us
                    Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

Originally posted by GMan-67 View Post
                      well your WISH has come true GREAT ... !!!! . hope you know more than the rest of us

I like Kiwi alot...but I would never want Rivers to start over Kiwi at this price. Its sad to see Kiwi hurt....hes one of my favorite players on this team, Defensive End is his natural position, thats all im saying.

Comment

Kiwi is a better SLB than DE.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                          Kiwi is a better SLB than DE.
                          You only think that because our Linebacker situtation is terrible. If Reese would of drafted a real linebacker I bet your perception would change. Its not hard beating out other converted defensive ends like Tracy and Sintim for the past couple of years. Im sorry its the truth.

Comment

Kiwi has been one of the better run stuffers in the league. He had 14 TFLs last season with only 3.5 sacks. That ranked him up amongst the LB leaders on a team that plays more Nickel. Sorry but those are facts.
                            Last edited by penguinfarmer; 08-24-2012, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                              Kiwi has been one of the better run stuffers in the league. He had 14 TFLs last season with only 3.5 sacks. That ranked him up amongst the LB leaders on a team that plays more Nickel. Sorry but those are facts.
                              Where is he ranked in pass coverage and then come back to me. Even in my original post I said he good at clogging the running lanes but hes one dimensional. He bites on fakes at times and terrible in coverage, and in the Giants scheme we allow Kiwi to be more aggressive than a traditional 3 down linebacker becausse the coaching staff (which never gets any credit) plays to the strength of their players. I never can understand why this coaching staff is sooo underrated every year. When you can win 2 superbowls with Kiwi at linebacker and Diehl at Left Tackle, your coaching staff deserves more credit than Reese.

Comment

Working...
                              X