Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculation: Who gets cut who makes the team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speculation: Who gets cut who makes the team?

This is all strictly my opinion, nothing personal.

OFFENSE:

Guys most likely getting cut first:

Perrilloux, Martinek, Collins, DePalma, Talley, Donnell, Hopkins, Purvis, Capers, Goodin, Reinders,

Guys on the bubble of getting cut:

Scott, Ware, Brown, Stanback, McCants, Moseley, White,

URFA who should make the team:

Douglas

DEFENSE:

Guys most likely getting cut first:

Powell, Wilson, Muasau, Brown, Hughes, Nicolas, L. Scott,

Guys on the bubble of getting cut:

Broha, Jones, Kuhn, Bing, Johnson, Molden,

URFA who should make the team:

OJOMO and will Hill

Guys that I can't put my head around which to keep:

Marshall vs Tracy, both are good but we can't keep a million defensive ends and Ojomo seems more talented than both. I personally like Marshall better, more hustle, but when healthy Tracy kind of looked like a pure speed rusher off the edge. Perhaps Marshall beats him because he is a better all around end.

Anyone else I didn't mention I think makes the team. They are not cutting Barden or Jernigan. Douglas just made the team on ST alone aside from the fact he can play on offense and Barden showed a new dimension today. They are just not cutting Jernigan. Coe and Tryon make the team as corners based on veteran reliability, they are adequate dbs.

Practice Squad, assuming any of these players get cut:

Perrilloux, Scott or Brown, DePalma (ST), one of McCants or Moseley or both, Jones, Broha, One of Tracy or Marshall, whoever is eligible. Martinek, Kuhn
    Last edited by BROADWAYSTORM; 08-25-2012, 12:03 AM. Reason: Adding

I don't think Ojomo is going to make the team. He's making plays but late in games against 3rd and 4th string defenses. I think he'll get put on the practice squad for sure though...IMO

The Giants have so much talent making the 53 is going to be tough even for the guys who have impressed in camp and preseason.
    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

What do you guys think?

Guys making the team:

Special Teams:

Tynes, Weatherford, DeOzzie

Total: 3

Offense:

Manning, Carr, Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware (unfortunately), Hynoski, Cruz, Nicks, Randle, Hixon, Barden, Jernigan, Douglas, Beatty, Diehl, Locklear, Brewer, Snee, Boothe, Petrus, Baas, Cordle, Robinson, Bennett, Pascoe

Total: 25 + one more running back between Brown and Scott

Defense:

Tuck, Osi, Kiwi, JPP, Ojomo, Hendricks, Joseph, Bernard, Canty, Herzlich, Rivers, Blackburn, Paysinger, Williams, Boley, Prince, Webster, T2 , Coe, Hosley, Tryon, Phillips, Rolle, Sash, Hill

total 24 + one out of tracy and marshall, one out of Kuhn and Marcus Thomas, Bruce Johnson

Still a question mark due to injury concerns: Rodgers and T2 and Austin

Boy we are gonna have to lose some really good players all over the roster. Damn.

Some of these guys will be on IR eligible to return later in the year as well as the PUP.
      Last edited by BROADWAYSTORM; 08-25-2012, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Kuhn is making the team. He basically played the entire game tonight with the starters and backups.

Comment

I had Hill, Ojomo and Douglas making the team because you cannot hide their talent on the practice squad. They will probably be inactives all season long although right now I would say Douglas won the punt returning Job and Hill is the third safety. Ojomo definitely still raw but boy does he have all the talent in the universe as a pass rusher.
          Last edited by BROADWAYSTORM; 08-25-2012, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
            Kuhn is making the team. He basically played the entire game tonight with the starters and backups.
            I think Kuhn can survive the PS plus there is some rule about international players not counting against the PS quota which makes him a lock.

Comment

BTW it seems we have more talent at LB than we've had since the 80's to go along with a ridiculous D-line.

Comment

For now, the players just need to make a cut down to 75 players. I'm sure a lot of the favorite backup players disccussed on these boards will make that cut. The cut to the 53-man roster isn't until after the final preseason game against the Patriots. That's usually when the picking gets harder. I think Coughlin may put the backups in full-game against the Pats like last preseason and rest the starters or give them one drive. The final preseason game is only 5 days away.

Comment

I know which is why I made the preliminary list of who is definetaly getting cut in the first wave in my opinion.

Comment

Some bigger names in danger are Austin, jernigan, Barden, Brewer, Ware, Scott and Brown....

With out taking injuries into account, when its all said and done I see our best 53 as follows:
                    QB-Eli, Carr
                    RB- Ab, Wilson, Ware
                    FB- Hynoski
                    TE- Bennett, Pascoe, Robinson
                    WR- Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Hixon, Barden, Douglas, Jernigan
                    OL- Beatty, Boothe, Bass, Snee, Diehl, Locklear, Petrus, Mosely

DE- Jpp, Tuck, Osi, Tracey
                    DT- Canty, Joseph, Bernard, Kuhn, Austin
                    LB- Boley, Blackburn, Kiwi, Rivers, Jwill, Herz, Jones, Paysinger
                    CB- Webster, TT, Amuk, Hosley, Coe
                    S- Rolle, Phillips, Hill, Sash

ST-Tynes, Weatherford, Deossie

When you factor in all the injuries to the Dline and secondary (Sash suspension) it makes imo Jernigan and Barden the most vulnerable
                    Last edited by juice33s; 08-25-2012, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Guys - PLEASE STOP with the young draft picks getting cut. It is not Reeses way. I know barden has had a chance but he did have a nice camp and a nice game tonight - he will be back. It would be highly unlikely that jernigan goes either, despite a very limited snap count tonight. The gianst give their picks chances. I think the giants were trying to see what they had in douglas - as a kick returner he was ok - but i think wilson/ scott have that spot come regular season. And i think punt returns go back to hosley.

Ojomo has so much good tape now its gonna be very difficult to get him to the PS. Granted its against the 3's but the guy has 4 sacks.

Comment

I totally forgot about Austin. Ojomo will not survive the PS he will get picked up. Pass rushers like that are a premium. In fact, all of the pass rushers we cut are getting picked up. Guys like Marshall and Tracy have good tape as well. I don't want Ojomo to play this year unless absolutely necessary, just save him for the future. Plus at Miami he played DT as well so he has that added pass rushing dimension from the inside of the line like Justin Tuck. You will not be able to save Hill either, but let's face it he is our best backup safety in a pretty crummy position. He imo is better than Sash. Although Sash is a SS. As far as Douglas he is a hell of a receiver. I saw college tape and if not for average speed he makes spectacular gravs and is physical. I stash him in the bench as well. Even if Barden makes the team we'll have Barden, Hixon, Nicks and Cruz free agents at the same time. You can't keep all of them so hang on to as many talent at the position as possible.

I would not risk Hosley returning punts with all the injuries at cb. That is really asking for it, especially after turf toe.
                        Last edited by BROADWAYSTORM; 08-25-2012, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by juice33s View Post
                          Some bigger names in danger are Austin, jernigan, Barden, Brewer, Ware, Scott and Brown....

With out taking injuries into account, when its all said and done I see our best 53 as follows:
                          QB-Eli, Carr
                          RB- Ab, Wilson, Ware
                          FB- Hynoski
                          OL- Beatty, Boothe, Bass, Bass, Diehl, Locklear, Petrus, Mosely

When you factor in all the injuries to the Dline and secondary (Sash suspension) it makes imo Jernigan and Barden the most vulnerable
                          I agree with most of your list but you have Baas listed twice (you probably meant Snee) and I think the Giants will definitely keep more than 5 corners...especially when three of the guys on your list are all battling injuries. Johnson imo would probably be the sixth corner.

Paysinger has been great on ST's and his time at LB but with all the talent the Giants have to choose from right now I think they can afford to stash him on the PS without worry of him getting picked up. (I recently changed my mind about him making the team.)
                          Last edited by titwio; 08-25-2012, 03:23 AM.
                          "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                            I agree with most of your list but you have Baas listed twice (you probably meant Snee) and I think the Giants will definitely keep more than 5 corners...especially when three of the guys on your list are all battling injuries. Johnson imo would probably be the sixth corner.

Paysinger has been great on ST's and his time at LB but with all the talent the Giants have to choose from right now I think they can afford to stash him on the PS without worry of him getting picked up. (I recently changed my mind about him making the team.)
                            Oh my bad, I meant to write snee in one of those.

As for the injuries at corner, that means an undeserving guy like Johnson will have to make the final 53 over a a superior player. Although I could see the Giants going in to the season with just 3 safeties (rolle, Phillips, Hill) giving them some flexibility while sash serves his suspension..

Comment

I like you final 53 but I think Andre Brown makes this team. And how can you cut Da'rel Scott after his performance last night? Ojomo is a beast and you cannot hide him on the practice squad. And where are Justin Tryon and Steve Brown? Both are special teams ace that I doubt we will cut.

QB-Eli, Carr
                              RB- Ab, Wilson, Ware
                              FB- Hynoski
                              OL- Beatty, Boothe, Bass, Snee, Diehl, Locklear, Petrus, Mosely

Comment

Working...
                              X