David Douglas is SAFE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Douglas is SAFE

I think David Douglas is safe. He is returning punts and kicks. He plays on all the special teams. He has had a great camp. I think we will keep seven wide receivers and he will make it.......................

Yep I don't see how he doesn't make the team. There's literally no way they can stash him on the PS. He'll get snatched up in a second...I can almost guarantee it.

They're going to keep him.
    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Good hands, and plays a decent special teams. He's making the team.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

Him, Ojomo and Hill have too much playmaking ability and talent not to make it.

Comment

Douglas > Jernigan
          WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

So you think they give up on JJ to keep Douglas? Barden through a 6'5 size Monkey Wrench in the ring tonight with his play. I now think we keep him. unless they keep 7?

So you got Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, RR, Barden, Douglas/JJCuts Tally, Collins and maybe DePalma makes PS.

And what do you do with Stanback? He has shows some serious talent. No way they retain 8 and as you said they can't hide Douglas so is JJ cut?
            Last edited by miked1958; 08-24-2012, 11:57 PM.
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

well he is safe for the 1st round of cuts, but yeah he really did a nice job tonight ... need a guy like that
              Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

ps guy at best imo for this situation

Comment

Before tonight I would have said Barden cut over Jernigan, but I seriously doubt that now... I really like jernigan too, but Barden may have just screwed him lol

Comment

I do not think he makes it ahead of jernigan and barden, so my guess is only if they are willing to keep an extra wr. I think punt return duty will be hosley's when healthy and wilson will take kicks after ab takes top spot to start the year with a backup of scott (if he makes the team) Not a bad showing tonight by david douglas - but certainly still on the bubble. He has put together some nice tape as has Ojomo.

No dount hill is safe - he was playing the rover tonight with the ones.

Comment

Douglas has the dubious distinction of being the only WR on the bubble eligible for the practice squad, you do the math.

Comment

Yay I can finally post on here. Living in Tucson, I got to see a lot of Douglas and I think he has to be taken over Jernigan. He is not the fastest WR but has sneaky speed sometimes. He also played in the Pac-12 where everyone is fast unlike Jernigan who played at Troy. He would have had better numbers but Foles was in love with Juron Criner and Arizona ran an air raid offense with a lot of 5 WR sets taking catches away from him.

Comment

Originally posted by dave56dj View Post
                          I do not think he makes it ahead of jernigan and barden, so my guess is only if they are willing to keep an extra wr. I think punt return duty will be hosley's when healthy and wilson will take kicks after ab takes top spot to start the year with a backup of scott (if he makes the team) Not a bad showing tonight by david douglas - but certainly still on the bubble. He has put together some nice tape as has Ojomo.

No dount hill is safe - he was playing the rover tonight with the ones.
                          what did jernigan do better than douglas?

Comment

I don't think they can keep 7 WRs with all the injuries in the defensive backfield. They will need to keep extra CBs on the roster while they wait for Prince and T2 to get better. Plus DT is a similar issue. Unfortunately I think there are two spots with Barden, JJ, and Douglas fighting for them.

Comment

Originally posted by nygmen90 View Post
                              what did jernigan do better than douglas?
                              He muffed a punt pretty good

Comment

Working...
                              X