Confession Time.... I threw in the towel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confession Time.... I threw in the towel

When the boys went up by 12 with 5 to play, I made a post on my FB page saying the Giants loss... and gave congrats to my friends who are Cowboy fans....

Man.... I am sure proud I was wrong !!!! ironically, my Cowboys friends are awful silen on FB today ???? HAHAHA!

Way to go GIANTS!!!!!!

Re: Confession Time.... I threw in the towel

I wasn't expecting the comeback but I knew it was possible.

You should have learned by now...
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

These games are hard on my nerves.... lol

Comment

[quote user="rebelfan1966"]

When the boys went up by 12 with 5 to play, I made a post on my FB page saying the Giants loss... and gave congrats to my friends who are Cowboy fans....

Man.... I am sure proud I was wrong !!!! ironically, my Cowboys friends are awful silen on FB today ???? HAHAHA!

Way to go GIANTS!!!!!!

[/quote]

I stuck it out hoping for some garbage time catches from Ballard and Nicks (both on my FF team).

God bless FF!
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="rebelfan1966"]

Way to go GIANTS!!!!!!

[/quote]

What exactly do you gain by quiting?

Were you trying to jinx the Giants to a win?

I mean I've been known to turn a game off but only when its an absolute rap. never when there's even a glimmer of reasonable hope and Id never congratulate the opponent until the clock was at zero

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="rebelfan1966"]

Way to go GIANTS!!!!!!

[/quote]

I mean I've been known to turn a game off but only when its an absolute rap. never when there's even a glimmer of reasonable hope and Id never congratulate the opponent until the clock was at zero[/quote]

I hope I'm just like you when I grow up.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="burier"][quote user="rebelfan1966"]

Way to go GIANTS!!!!!!

[/quote]

I mean I've been known to turn a game off but only when its an absolute rap. never when there's even a glimmer of reasonable hope and Id never congratulate the opponent until the clock was at zero[/quote]

I hope I'm just like you when I grow up.[/quote]

I'm just curious if quitting on a game makes people feel any better about losing or something.

Like you look at the score in the morning and think..."Well we lost but at least I turned the game off in third quarter"
              My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

The last time I gave up on this team they surprised me with a championship. I won't make that mistake again.

Comment

With 5 minutes to go...I took out my books and started to study for my final ....right in front of the TV lol

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="burier"][quote user="rebelfan1966"]

Way to go GIANTS!!!!!!

[/quote] What exactly do you gain by quiting? Were you trying to jinx the Giants to a win? I mean I've been known to turn a game off but only when its an absolute rap. never when there's even a glimmer of reasonable hope and Id never congratulate the opponent until the clock was at zero[/quote] I hope I'm just like you when I grow up.[/quote] I'm just curious if quitting on a game makes people feel any better about losing or something. Like you look at the score in the morning and think..."Well we lost but at least I turned the game off in third quarter"[/quote]

I did not quit watching the game, ( Thank God). I just presumed with the way our defense was playing, coming back from a 12pt deficit with 5 minutes left was not possible. Luckily, we scored quickly and the defense managed a 3 & out.... ( may have been the only one all night )... It was then I started to realize we might win this game.

Comment

[quote user="rebelfan1966"][quote user="burier"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="burier"][quote user="rebelfan1966"]

Way to go GIANTS!!!!!!

[/quote] What exactly do you gain by quiting? Were you trying to jinx the Giants to a win? I mean I've been known to turn a game off but only when its an absolute rap. never when there's even a glimmer of reasonable hope and Id never congratulate the opponent until the clock was at zero[/quote] I hope I'm just like you when I grow up.[/quote] I'm just curious if quitting on a game makes people feel any better about losing or something. Like you look at the score in the morning and think..."Well we lost but at least I turned the game off in third quarter"[/quote]

I did not quit watching the game, ( Thank God). I just presumed with the way our defense was playing, coming back from a 12pt deficit with 5 minutes left was not possible. Luckily, we scored quickly and the defense managed a 3 & out.... ( may have been the only one all night )... It was then I started to realize we might win this game.

[/quote]

You mean Romo managed a 3 and out.

Miles Austin couldn't have been more open if the stadium was empty.

Comment

I was watching the game with 5 friends. When the Giants went down by 12, three of them got up, said bye bye Coughlin and left. I stuck it out and was rewarded handsomely.

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="rebelfan1966"][quote user="burier"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="burier"][quote user="rebelfan1966"]

Way to go GIANTS!!!!!!

[/quote] You mean Romo managed a 3 and out. Miles Austin couldn't have been more open if the stadium was empty.[/quote]

True....

Comment

I shut the tv off on the Saints game but not this one - not saying i was all full of faith but i figured i would see it through, even when we came back within 5 I was sure it was only just so they could disappoint again.

Comment

Well...besides JPP and Eli...you all can thank me for the comeback. How you say? It's like this...

As I stated in another thread, it had already been an exhausting day on the nerves as I watched the Saints come down to the last play to preserve a win, and then the whole Tebow thing in the late game. My buddy...my wife, that is, had been there with me the whole time.

Somewhere around the beginning of the Giants game, she let me know she was getting pretty tired. I told her not to go to sleep in the den because that would be bad luck. I might as well have been talking to the wall.

So, when the 'Boys went up by 12 in the 4th, I had had enough of her jinxing things by laying there sleeping, so I left her alone to sleep with the game blaring in her ear and I retired to the bedroom before it was too late.

Sure enough, our fortunes turned the moment I got the bedroom TV turned on and was able to get away from Sleeping Beauty in the other room.

No thanks are necessary, though. Just doing my part!

Comment

Working...
                              X