Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

Good evening all, how was everyone's day? So I'm reading everyone's opinions on who should and shouldn't make the team, and I have to ask....what happens to the players who don't make it?

Originally posted by Laurah1275 View Post
    Good evening all, how was everyone's day? So I'm reading everyone's opinions on who should and shouldn't make the team, and I have to ask....what happens to the players who don't make it?
    Some will get picked up by others teams, many will end up on the practice squad of the team that cut them. The rest....try again next year or just sit by the phone and wait for an injury to someone.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

They go and join the professional tiddlywinks league in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        Some will get picked up by others teams, many will end up on the practice squad of the team that cut them. The rest....try again next year or just sit by the phone and wait for an injury to someone.
        So the ones who end up on the practice squad...do they get paid at all for that?

Also, you said the rest can try out next year...does that mean any random person who's not in college can just try out for the NFL?

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
          They go and join the professional tiddlywinks league in Canada.
          Mucho better than joining the wiggly twinks in Mexico.

Comment

So the ones who end up on the practice squad...do they get paid at all for that?

Also, you said the rest can try out next year...does that mean any random person who's not in college can just try out for the NFL?
            The practice squads are limited to, I believe, 8 players and yes, they are paid by their team.

"Try out" may be a misnomer. Usually, teams call former players after someone has been injured to fill the roster spot. An interesting aspect on this is say a safety is injured the team might bring in an offensive tackle. It all depends on what the depth chart looks like and what the teams needs are at the time of the roster spot opening up.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
              Mucho better than joining the wiggly twinks in Mexico.
              Unless you're fluent in Spanish

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                Unless you're fluent in Spanish
                Sacre bleu!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                  Sacre bleu!
                  Dios mio....

Comment

Some will end up playing for the Canadian Football League or arena leagues. For many, it's a harsh reality that they need to find another way to support themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by bELIeve_in_Giants View Post
                      Some will end up playing for the Canadian Football League or arena leagues. For many, it's a harsh reality that they need to find another way to support themselves.
                      Very true, welcome to Wal-Mart

Comment

Les Miserables?

Comment

Originally posted by bELIeve_in_Giants View Post
                          I was thinking the same thing, I can't imagine how much that must suck for those who had huge NFL dreams, but didn't make it. Anyway, someone was explaining to me that Cruz wasn't among the drafted. Is that true? If so, wow, what happened? Because he's a gem!

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, I can't imagine how much that must suck for those who had huge NFL dreams, but didn't make it. Anyway, someone was explaining to me that Cruz wasn't among the drafted. Is that true? If so, wow, what happened? Because he's a gem!
                            REALLY? Please do some internet research prior to asking questions. That is all I have to say about that.
                            "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Comment

Originally posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
                              REALLY? Please do some internet research prior to asking questions. That is all I have to say about that.
                              I don't do any internet research before anything I say - hope that's not going to be a problem, here?

Comment

Working...
                              X