Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where were David Wilson runs most effective...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where were David Wilson runs most effective...?

Didn't DVR the game : /...Did our O-line open up holes or was he more productive outside? He was exciting to watch, just wondering if he has the "north-south" instinct ?

From the highlights he was doing it himself really. Just using his speed and shiftiness. His balance is amazing! Doesn't really go down from the first hit, and can keep gaining yards even with a defender on his back. I guess you can say he's a north-south runner, but he only turns it up field once he shakes the defense and sees an open hole.

Comment

He did bounce off a couple guys, and stuttered around a little bit - before continuing in the right direction. Not the familiar Bear's swarming defense at times...

Comment

They ran some different misdirection plays yesterday to get Wilson in space. I thought It was pretty clever of Gilbride and actually I felt like I was watching Wilson at Virginia Tech with some of those plays.

I could picture Ahmad saying to himself "why they don't run that for me".

All in all Wilson had some pretty good holes and space to work with last night.

Here's his highlights courtesy of snappinnecks.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxTRbN16rIo&hd=1
        Last edited by titwio; 08-25-2012, 10:04 PM.
        "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Oline actually had some nice blocks on the outside last night but Wilson made the plays even bigger by shedding some key tackles. With our inability to run up the middle, I expect most of his production will be runs outside the offensive tackles.

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
            They ran some different misdirection plays yesterday to get Wilson in space. I thought It was pretty clever of Gilbride and actually I felt like I was watching Wilson at Virginia Tech with some of those plays.

Impressive running. Eh?

Comment

Nice job by both the line and Wilson. He did a nice job out of the backfield as well. He has pretty good hands and put them on display last night. Tough runner for a small guy and not afraid of contact at all. Was nice to watch. Both quick and fast, which is always fun to watch.

Comment

Top notch for yards after contact. That alone makes him valuable and a top notch RB for the future.

Comment

I don't want this to come off as too much...or setting expectations too high....but doesn't his running style kinda resemble Barry Sanders? I remember that Cat would run into a whole group of defenders and keep his balance the same way and take off in another direction unaffected. Again in no way saying he is the next BS...but just sayin....it's similiar

Comment

i have zero concerns about his running ... for him it's all about blitz pickup and ball security ... he's a dynamic young back ... could be a lot of fun to watch this year
                    Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

His running style is actually very good for this team, what with the suspect o-line and all. Being able to go off-tackle all the time and breaking out huge YAC numbers means that he can run well despite poor o-line play.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post

Pascoe, Hynoski and Boothe are doing some pretty nice blocking
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Where weren't David Wilson runs most effective...?

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
                            I don't want this to come off as too much...or setting expectations too high....but doesn't his running style kinda resemble Barry Sanders? I remember that Cat would run into a whole group of defenders and keep his balance the same way and take off in another direction unaffected. Again in no way saying he is the next BS...but just sayin....it's similiar
                            I remember a game where he was playing either against San Francisco or Green Bay and the player dived for him and missed. Barry planted his knee on the guy's back and spun around to face another direction then took off. If Wilson can be half of that I would be very very happy.

Comment

he reminds me more of gayle sayers. i believe both were track stars as well. Wilson keeps his center of balance in situations he shouldnt be able to...

Comment

Working...
                              X