Incredible play call by Gilbride

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incredible play call by Gilbride

One of the most intesting plays of the giants game was a play that actually went down as an incomplete pass. But the play was so brilliant I had to relive it.

After the series where Barden scored he again made another nice down the field grab. Barden and Cruz lined up on the right side. Barden ran a seam route through the zone and Cruz broke off short. Two defenders went after Barden!

This play got Cruz wide open. The throw went to cruz ( he happened to drop it) but looking that play I was very impressed. Gilbride actually was able to use Barden as a decoy to get Cruz open. Stop..now think about it...
    Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Originally posted by appodictic View Post
    One of the most intesting plays of the giants game was a play that actually went down as an incomplete pass. But the play was so brilliant I had to relive it.

After the series where Barden scored he again made another nice down the field grab. Barden and Cruz lined up on the right side. Barden ran a seam route through the zone and Cruz broke off short. Two defenders went after Barden!

This play got Cruz wide open. The throw went to cruz ( he happened to drop it) but looking that play I was very impressed. Gilbride actually was able to use Barden as a decoy to get Cruz open. Stop..now think about it...
    And then we had the reverse from our 10 yard line that went to nowhere and almost cost us a safety! Now stop and think about that! Just brilliant play calling!

Comment

Originally posted by giantsforce View Post
      And then we had the reverse from our 10 yard line that went to nowhere and almost cost us a safety! Now stop and think about that! Just brilliant play calling!
      Any play that results in a 10 yard loss is more about execution then play calling. Its not like a reverse is a gimmick play like the wild cat. You run it every now and again.

Getting Cruz open on a double cover to barden is brilliant. I do not care what you say.
      Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

lol....I can't believe there are still people who question KG as an OC. How is it Gilbride's fault that several blocking assignments were missed on that play?
        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by appodictic View Post
          Any play that results in a 10 yard loss is more about execution then play calling. Its not like a reverse is a gimmick play like the wild cat. You run it every now and again.

Getting Cruz open on a double cover to barden is brilliant. I do not care what you say.
          The troubling fact is that he run it so close to our endzone and it almost cost us. These kind of plays need room to develop and you do not call it near your end zone unless of course you are Gilbride.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
            lol....I can't believe there are still people who question KG as an OC. How is it Gilbride's fault that several blocking assignments were missed on that play?
            Normally you do not call that kind of play near your endzone because of the high risk. A little mistake like a missed assignment and you have a disaster. I know that he will not call this play near the endzone when the regular season starts.

Comment

What was special about that play? It was a two man route combination, not The Annexation of Puerto Rico. Barden wasn't used as a decoy, he was used as a pick player.
              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Normally you do not call that kind of play near your endzone because of the high risk. A little mistake like a missed assignment and you have a disaster. I know that he will not call this play near the endzone when the regular season starts.
                Nonsense....it's a great call if the players execute correctly. As the playcaller you have to expect your 1st team to know it's job and to perform it's job. That's why you work the bugs out of the new plays in a meaningless game. Calling out KG's abilities as an OC is asinine to begin with, but to do so when he's trying to get everybody on the same page during preseason is just plain stupid.

KG is a top rated OC in the NFL.....anyone who thinks otherwise is blind
                I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Why are people still bashing Gilbride? His playcalling is what kept us with some semblance of order while Perry Fewell's thumb was stuck up his *** and he refused to rush the passer for a month...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

haha, this board has fired Gilbride 18 times, Fewell 7 times and Coughlin 10 times ... you'd be better off pulling a Toomer and proclaiming Romo better than Eli
                    Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

If Gilbride hadn't developed the threat of the left handed pass by Eli there would be many more sacks and Eli would not have as much success. The man is a genius.

Comment

Its kinda funny becuase a play that Gilbride called that made me extremely happy this preseason was the simple fullback dive on 3rd and less then 1....lol I mean, we never did that last yr and not much in gilbrides tenure.. Its a play that works if u got the FB for it, and Hynoski is 100pct that kinda FB.. I hate not getting those first on 3rd and half a yrd, and not only using the FB dive for just converting but also giving the D something else to have to plan for is a plus.. Hopefully we mix that in often this yr..

Comment

Do you expect that they're just going to feel through another season, to see what Hynoski can do - or look at other possibilities in FB's released from other teams? There might be a big-bodied veteran available, soon?

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                            Exactly........

Comment

Originally posted by fbomb View Post
                              lol....i can't believe there are still people who question kg as an oc. How is it gilbride's fault that several blocking assignments were missed on that play?
                              believe it!!!!!
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Working...
                              X