Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL rumors: Is Chase Blackburn Giants starting middle linebacker?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL rumors: Is Chase Blackburn Giants starting middle linebacker?

NFL RUMORS: IS CHASE BLACKBURN GIANTS STARTING MIDDLE LINEBACKER?

Excerpt: "Usually when a player starts in the third preseason game, unless there’s an injury, you end up starting during the regular season. Chase Blackburn was the starting middle linebacker in last night’s game for the New York Giants. Now the question is will he be come September 5th? There’s no question that Blackburn helped change the fortunes of the defense when the Giants brought him back before their regular season game against the defending Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers. Blackburn helped stabilize a part of the defense that really struggled up the middle and made some huge plays along their run to the Super Bowl." Read more...
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 08-26-2012, 09:49 AM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

yea he's the starter until he does something to lose his job or someone out plays him by a mile by mid-season

Comment

They're extremely fortunate to have gotten him back. Looks like everyone is pulling for him, and he's becoming a team inspiration. Let Kiwi rotate in and out of LB and DE position, keep Boley and Rivers as OLB's. Pretty simple, really.

Comment

Lame article. No mention of Herzlich? Isn't that the competition at MLB?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimaniac View Post
          Lame article. No mention of Herzlich? Isn't that the competition at MLB?
          It's an article about Blackburn, not the competition. It asks a question. Who know the answer?
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            It's an article about Blackburn, not the competition. It asks a question. Who know the answer?
            Rivers, Boley and Kiwanuka were mentioned.

Comment

Rivers, Boley and Kiwanuka were mentioned.

And Herzlich may not be in the running

Comment

Most articles about Herzlich lean toward the feel good story about overcoming cancer - which is definitely an achievement. Blackburn seems like a solid guy, physically and instinct wise - and was a major contributer during their last post season run.

Comment

NFL RUMORS: IS CHASE BLACKBURN GIANTS STARTING MIDDLE LINEBACKER?

Excerpt: "Usually when a player starts in the third preseason game, unless there’s an injury, you end up starting during the regular season. Chase Blackburn was the starting middle linebacker in last night’s game for the New York Giants. Now the question is will he be come September 5th? There’s no question that Blackburn helped change the fortunes of the defense when the Giants brought him back before their regular season game against the defending Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers. Blackburn helped stabilize a part of the defense that really struggled up the middle and made some huge plays along their run to the Super Bowl." Read more...
                  I don't read blogs like this because the material is pretty weak. I'm not sure if the yardbarker is considered a good one or not. I'm not even sure what they are asking or what point they are trying to make. lol maybe I need another cup of coffee.

Let me take it in a slightly different direction. All I've seen from Blackburn this pre-season that says he's ready to pick up where he left off last year. That's good news for us. His story is a great one as is Herzlich's. Competition is good and whoever wins the competition means that our MLB will be stronger than last year. Go Blue!!
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

And Herzlich may not be in the running
                    Then who? Herzlich took the snaps with the 2s

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                      I don't read blogs like this because the material is pretty weak. I'm not sure if the yardbarker is considered a good one or not. I'm not even sure what they are asking or what point they are trying to make. lol maybe I need another cup of coffee.

Let me take it in a slightly different direction. All I've seen from Blackburn this pre-season that says he's ready to pick up where he left off last year. That's good news for us. His story is a great one as is Herzlich's. Competition is good and whoever wins the competition means that our MLB will be stronger than last year. Go Blue!!
                      I'm more concerned about when Boley comes back.

Comment

Its unfortunate that none of these guys on the outside can play in the middle. I think the Giants Middle LB is at best the 5th best LB on the team. I would of loved to see them put Rivers at MLB with Boley and Kiwi/Williams on Running/Passing downs. Rivers,Boley , Williams are very athletic and can cover more space in the passing game.They are quick enough to handle the short zones. Unless its obvious Running downs Id want those guys on the field
                        Last edited by Redeyejedi; 08-26-2012, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Then who? Herzlich took the snaps with the 2s
                          Then who what?

Comment

I am a Herzlich fan, but he has not proven he can stay healthy at all.mI don't think it's really that close. Chase is the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

I agree with you regarding the MLB position being stronger this year. I think Blackburn is the favorite, but that competition is pushing Herzlich that much harder. I dont have the crystal ball for the answers, so who knows, maybe by midseason we may see Herzlich in at the mike.

Either way, as compared to recent history, our linebacking position looks to be stronger and deeper.

Comment

Working...
                              X