Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We can never thank Jerry Reese enough

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We can never thank Jerry Reese enough

    Yes, he inherited a good team with a good foundation. But the talent he's been able to get in here just been amazing.
    Look at what we were lacking a few years ago. DB, LB, WR, DL. I mean, we are on the cusp of letting go of some great talent because there's just no more room. This is the most talented Giants team I have ever seen.
    To me, we are now deep in those positions. We do have injuries but we have enough talent to plug someone right in thanks to Jerry.
    Most impressed with our LBs now compared to 2 years ago.
    I have no doubt in my mind that I will be saying the same thing about our OL 2 years from now. It's a unit made up of 5 positions. It will take a while to rebuild and I know for a fact that Reese will get it done.








    IN REESE WE TRUST!

  • #2
    It's exciting to see all the players that we get.

    I never even heard of Ojomo and he's just a friggen beast.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Moke View Post
      It's exciting to see all the players that we get.I never even heard of Ojomo and he's just a friggen beast.
      Fricken beast, against backups though. I really hope he plays a bunch in the Pats game. I still feel Tracy is the better player, but you can't make the club in the tub. Is Tracy back by the way?
      Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        Fricken beast, against backups though. I really hope he plays a bunch in the Pats game. I still feel Tracy is the better player, but you can't make the club in the tub. Is Tracy back by the way?
        No idea honestly.

        Comment


        • #5
          Broha is right behind Ojomo with 2 sacks in 3 games. His motor never stops. He looks good off the edge and seems to beat his man most of the time. I just don't think he'll make the final 53. I don't see us keeping more than 4 ends with Kiwi's versatility. JPP, Tuck, Osi, ???. Tracy impressed the first game but that's it. Ojomo has been stealing the spotlight.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Moke View Post
            It's exciting to see all the players that we get.

            I never even heard of Ojomo and he's just a friggen beast.
            ........but you've heard of Jomo haven't you?
            No one remembers who came in second.

            Comment


            • #7
              Alright, here's the difference between JR and the Jets' Tannenbaum. Their GM is a numbers guy, capologist etc. Our guy is a scout at heart. yes he runs the team but at his core he knows talent when he sees it. The other guy knows numbers when he sees them.
              No one remembers who came in second.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jomo View Post
                ........but you've heard of Jomo haven't you?
                Haha, of course!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Reese is a pretty good GM but he gets waaay to much credit for every successful thing this organization does. Our offense line is one of the worst lines in the league because of this man, and if it wasn't for Acorsi's selection of Eli Manning who is good and DURABLE, we would probably be looking for a decent backup. Lets face it we cant run the ball and if Eli wasnt so durable we would be in trouble. Linebacker position is average but i guess your impressed with mediocrity. If it wasnt for Strahan grooming Tuck and Osi, who knows if these guys would of been able to groom JPP. And thank god we have a pass rush because our secondary and linebackers couldnt even cover their shadow. Eli Manning and our Defensive Line will keep games close enough for us to win, if anything happens to either one of those phases we would be in trouble. I'll admit Victor Cruz stepped up and became the playmaker we desperately needed.
                  " In Reese to Sign a Bust"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
                    Reese is a pretty good GM but he gets waaay to much credit for every successful thing this organization does. Our offense line is one of the worst lines in the league because of this man, and if it wasn't for Acorsi's selection of Eli Manning who is good and DURABLE, we would probably be looking for a decent backup. Lets face it we cant run the ball and if Eli wasnt so durable we would be in trouble. Linebacker position is average but i guess your impressed with mediocrity. If it wasnt for Strahan grooming Tuck and Osi, who knows if these guys would of been able to groom JPP. And thank god we have a pass rush because our secondary and linebackers couldnt even cover their shadow. Eli Manning and our Defensive Line will keep games close enough for us to win, if anything happens to either one of those phases we would be in trouble. I'll admit Victor Cruz stepped up and became the playmaker we desperately needed.
                    Play more madden.
                    http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

                    Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                      Play more madden.
                      It is about winning Super Bowls isn't it? It is not about having the best player in the league at every position. Actually for the GM it is about juggling the salary cap in such a way that you can put the best team possible on the field. Sometimes that means having a mediocre OT or LB or whatever. This is a results business and results=wins, particularly playoff wins.
                      No one remembers who came in second.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The beginning of last season was completely about what Reese didn't do - according to the general media. And it was mighty tempting to jump in on that second guessing - but hardly ever has a dedication to sticking with what you came to the dance with, has ever gotten you prom King before.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jomo View Post
                          It is about winning Super Bowls isn't it? It is not about having the best player in the league at every position. Actually for the GM it is about juggling the salary cap in such a way that you can put the best team possible on the field. Sometimes that means having a mediocre OT or LB or whatever. This is a results business and results=wins, particularly playoff wins.
                          sometimes it is even about affording better depth to fill in when the injuries hit....which is what Reese does so well.....he doesn't over pay for guys like boss and smith.....He seems to have a knack for knowing when it's time to let someone go because he has a younger player ready to step in....which leaves more money to sign better depth
                          "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

                          1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The guy has 2 rings in 5 seasons and had Burress not messed up it may have been 3 all together.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Reese does a great job. The one thing that I love about him is he doesn't let emotion get the best of him. He knew it was time to let guys like O'hara and Steve Smith go even tho they helped you win a Superbowl. He also seems to get it right in the draft he took JPP when no thought we needed him, he took Nicks when most people wanted Britt. No to mention finding guys that can play that are not drafted like Cruz, Herz, Ballard, Hynoski, and Will Hill. And guys other teams didn't want like Booth.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X