Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone else feel weird seeing a defensive back wearing #27?

As a long-time fan, #27 has always been our power runner's number.

Not that there's anything wrong with that number being on the other side of the ball--it's just sort of an aesthetic clash for me. (sort of like the backwards nike swoosh on the shoulders of the new jerseys).

i dont know but #25 is bad.

Comment

Herb Welch was #27!

Comment

good to know--he was before my time but i just obtained a lot of games from the 86 season so i'll look out for him haha

Comment

27 is brown the guy that got trucked in the endzone
          sigpic
          FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

....a little wierd.
            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I really dont think hes gonna make the cut

Comment

if you look back at the history of this team you will see that 27 is a rarely used number for whatever reason

through the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s ....I can only think of maybe 4 DBs, a few random HBs who probably noone would remember if I named them because they only had a cup of coffee with the team , and of course WR Bob Grim who wore # 27

so Herb Welch is really the first meaningful #27.....followed by of course Rodney Hampton, Ron Dayne, and Brandon Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                  if you look back at the history of this team you will see that 27 is a rarely used number for whatever reason

through the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s ....I can only think of maybe 4 DBs, a few random HBs who probably noone would remember if I named them because they only had a cup of coffee with the team , and of course WR Bob Grim who wore # 27

so Herb Welch is really the first meaningful #27.....followed by of course Rodney Hampton, Ron Dayne, and Brandon Jacobs
                  But we traded Bob Tucker to get Bob Grimm...he had to be good

But honestly I can't really think of many either ...other than ones you mentioned...although i am sure there are a few
                  "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

I was going to get a Carl Banks jersey until I realized people might think it was an Antonio Pierce jersey.
                    http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                      I was going to get a Carl Banks jersey until I realized people might think it was an Antonio Pierce jersey.
                      Or Mark Herzlick (sp)
                      "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                        thats why they put the last name on the back. plus the banks jersey is from 90's and pierce one would be like the one's we wear now
                        sigpic
                        FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                          thats why they put the last name on the back. plus the banks jersey is from 90's and pierce one would be like the one's we wear now
                          Most of Banks career with giants was in the 80s...84-92....just saying

Comment

Working...
                          X