Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Canty, Travis Beckum placed on reserve PUP

LINK

Excerpt: "In news that's big, though not surprising in the least bit, Giantsdefensive tackle Chris Canty and tight end Travis Beckum have been placed on the reserve/physically-unable-to-perform list.
    Both players, who are coming off knee surgeries, began training camp on the active/PUP list, which means they counted against the 90-man roster. Now, they won't count against the 75-man roster, a limit they needed to meet today by 4 p.m." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Damn! I didn't realize Canty's injury was THAT bad... Definitely going to need Hendricks. What's up with Austin's back?

Comment

Beckummm, shake my head. How many times is this guy going to sit out?

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
        Beckummm, shake my head. How many times is this guy going to sit out?
        He did tear his ACL in February which normally takes a fully 12 months to recover from the fact that the Giants kept him on PUP instead of IR means he is way ahead of schedule. You can't really blame him in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Snappinnecks View Post
          Damn! I didn't realize Canty's injury was THAT bad... Definitely going to need Hendricks. What's up with Austin's back?
          Giants probably keep 5 DT now then they will have to cut on when Canty returns after week 6

Comment

Bummer about Canty. Wanted to see him up and ready. Rocky better light a fire under his big ***.....
            Thought Bekum was going to get an injury settlement before camp even started. Dont get that one at all....
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
              Bummer about Canty. Wanted to see him up and ready. Rocky better light a fire under his big ***.....
              Thought Bekum was going to get an injury settlement before camp even started. Dont get that one at all....
              I doesn't hurt the Giants to keep him on PUP until week 6 to see what his status is then if he's not ready to go they can put him on IR. If he is ready to go they can use him or cut him at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
                I doesn't hurt the Giants to keep him on PUP until week 6 to see what his status is then if he's not ready to go they can put him on IR. If he is ready to go they can use him or cut him at that point.
                I realize that I just thought they would cut ties with him by now.
                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Canty is a big blow. Hopefully he is ready to roll later on.
                  WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

I wouldn't bet on that. Remember, Justin Tuck started as a defensive tackle, plays there today as part of the 3rd down NASCAR package, and remains our best DL against the run.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                      Canty was a force inside so I hope he's all better come week 6
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I was thinking they'd release Beckum. Maybe an injury settlement is still an option.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          I was thinking they'd release Beckum. Maybe an injury settlement is still an option.
                          To me pup makes more sense...they can hang on to him for at least 6 more weeks and he doesn't count against 53....then at that point...who knows maybe because of injuries...they need him...if not they release him then or Ir him

it just leaves all their options open
                          "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

how many times did I tell you we overpayed for canty ugh

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan241 View Post
                              how many times did I tell you we overpayed for canty ugh
                              Canty has been worth every penny. He has been a beast for us. What are you smokin?!!?

Comment

Working...
                              X