No announcement yet.

Chris Canty, Travis Beckum placed on reserve PUP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is worth it right now because their is no other good dts to pick up but nobody can say we did not overpay for an average talent on the defense line, he is not bad by any means but he is not a dominating player and we pay him like one. Im not discrediting him but we were a bit desperate when we signed him.

Comment

It's hard to question what each player on a capped 53 man roster gets payed when the team just won the superbowl.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        That's not his fault and he has played better lately. Canty going to PUP gives us a chance to see Hendricks develop.
        I like this for the near term.
        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan241 View Post
          He is worth it right now because their is no other good dts to pick up but nobody can say we did not overpay for an average talent on the defense line, he is not bad by any means but he is not a dominating player and we pay him like one. Im not discrediting him but we were a bit desperate when we signed him.
          did you see him play at all last year? He was an animal for us.

Comment

thats why I said it his value to the Giants is what really matters.....
            "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
              I like this for the near term.
              It may be a bit of a challenge for Hendricks at the start, but it will be good for the team in the long term.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I think Kuhn will beat out hendricks

Comment

Could be, we'll know soon
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I believe this is also the case based on Kuhn getting a lot of time with the first D against the Bears. They may both make the team at least until Canty comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
                      I believe this is also the case based on Kuhn getting a lot of time with the first D against the Bears. They may both make the team at least until Canty comes back.
                      Canty going to the PUP opens up another DT spot for the time being. I see us keeping both.

Comment

We've gotten very little out of the Giants on Canty's condition and recovery. That always makes me nervous.
                        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I totally agree. The silence around this surgery and recovery speaks volumes. The D will miss Canty. He has played very well past 2-seasons. I have been worried about this since day 1. New guys have to step up. HUGE LOSS. Will miss his play he was a major contributor out there. And Forget Austin too. I dont see him contributing at all. Hope he proves me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                            We've gotten very little out of the Giants on Canty's condition and recovery. That always makes me nervous.
                            Very secretive...

Comment

I think this may not be such a bad thing we have a couple of solid veterans and by the time week 6 comes around we may need to have another DT. A big inside push guy could do wonders at that time of year!

Comment

Working...
                              X