Now the Cowboys want to steal our motto

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now the Cowboys want to steal our motto

The problem with their GM\Owner is that he doesn't know how to build a team from the ground up. Quality depth is what the good teams seem to have mastered. Giants, Steelers, Patriots, Green Bay and Baltimore are really the class of the NFL. I know the Ravens haven't won a SB since 2000, but they are always relevant. In order to have the next man up, you need quality depth, which Jerry knows nothing about.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...b-b6c32b6f7f3d

Eh whatever. Let them take whatever saying we have. As long as we keep beating them, i couldn't care any less.

Comment

That's a good thing, we are doing things right.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

They should stick with "We still s*ck!"

Comment

Are you talking about, "Next man up?"

If so, that's hardly a NYG motto. Crap, we used it when I played ball in HS in the 90's.

Comment

When I saw that thread title, I thought that Dallas started using "Finish"...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
              When I saw that thread title, I thought that Dallas started using "Finish"...
              Or, "All In."

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                Or, "All In."
                Nah jacksonville grabbed that one!

Comment

Originally posted by nygfan90 View Post
                  Nah jacksonville grabbed that one!
                  Yep the Jags stole that and I keep seeing all kinds of teams biting on the Giants. I was watching a preseason game the other day (don't remember which teams) and they were putting four DE's on the D-line and the homer announcer was calling it their NASCAR package. Then I was watching college football live and some team had printed out a new motto called "FINISH".

Seriously annoying...People sure don't like talking about the Giants in the offseason or give them credit for their SB's, upsets and big wins...but they sure have no problem biting off their coined phrases and motto's.

Teams seriously need to get their own swag and stop replicating.
                  "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                    Yep the Jags stole that and I keep seeing all kinds of teams biting on the Giants. I was watching a preseason game the other day (don't remember which teams) and they were putting four DE's on the D-line and the homer announcer was calling it their NASCAR package. Then I was watching college football live and some team had printed out a new motto called "FINISH".

Seriously annoying...People sure don't like talking about the Giants in the offseason or give them credit for their SB's, upsets and big wins...but they sure have no problem biting off their coined phrases and motto's.

Teams seriously need to get their own swag and stop replicating.
                    They're trying to bite off all of Coughlin's phrases because they still heavily regret firing him...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

sigh* get over yourself on this one. i know we love our giants but they did not invent every saying in sports history.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                      @Katdaddyjay 17h
                      @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                      http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
                        sigh* get over yourself on this one. i know we love our giants but they did not invent every saying in sports history.
                        Sigh*...How much do we owe you for your profound wisdom?
                        "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                          Sigh*...How much do we owe you for your profound wisdom?
                          i'll take a bowl of lucky charms and some peanut butter.

just saying we can't get bent off of other team using phrases, cause i know we've stolen some phrases as well. just want to de fog the homer lenses a little for you guys not completely take them off.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                          @Katdaddyjay 17h
                          @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                          http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if majority of American Football mottos actually predate back in the BC era when the Roman Empire was weakening. I could see some General saying some variation of "Next Man up" or "All In".

Comment

Build the Bridge? Cold Tubbin'?

I just don't feel like clicking the link, so I'm guessing.
                              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Working...
                              X