3rd WR Position

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd WR Position

At this point who do you think will be the 3rd WR Position on 9/5/12?
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Mr RR aka mr leaps n bounds better than the competition

Comment

Yeah I see Randle getting it as well. MAYBE Hixon gets a few snaps, but I see him more in the ST game.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

I hope Barden can continue from last game... Been a supporter and hoped we drafted him, but hasn't worked out just yet and i don't get too excited over preseason... Randle looks good but goes against backups primarily... by the end of the year Randle will have solidified that position... But I'm going on a limb just off the basis of knowing the playbook and going Barden.
        NYG Til I Die... Even Tatted in "Big Blue" Blood

Is it football season yet?

Comment

its randle gotta be randle

Comment

I think Randle will be the third receiver this year at some point but not sure if he'll be the 9/5 game guy...Probably either Hixon or Barden being they know the offense better at this point.
            "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

barden n randle

Comment

randle gotta be randle guys

Comment

Hixon.

Randle doesn't seem to know the most basic routes (from preseason games anyway) and Barden has had an ok half in preseason in his tenure ...

Hixon hasn't done much lately but he's had most reps in practice and in games as #2 with Nicks out which makes me thinks they trust his knowledge. They'll go conservative and play the guy they know.

IMO.

Comment

If Barden repeats what he did to the Bears against the Pats...I think he'd secure that spot for the time being. But I definitely see Randle taking that spot eventually.

Comment

Not sure where you saw that randle didnt know the most basic of routes - in all the games played he had one route that he broke off and eli claimed he was trying to get rid of the ball and the int was on him. So far his tree route has looked way ahead of most rookies.

I still think coughlin picks vets over youth - experience over talent but this year guys like randle wilson and hosley are really gonna push that idealogy. Well that and injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by dave56dj View Post
                        Not sure where you saw that randle didnt know the most basic of routes - in all the games played he had one route that he broke off and eli claimed he was trying to get rid of the ball and the int was on him. So far his tree route has looked way ahead of most rookies.
                        Manning was taking the heat for a young rookie WR who made a mistake is my bet.

It happened a few times during the games.

Comment

Actually it happened once. And even if randle doesnt break the route off eli overthrows him by 10 yards. And we dont know if eli was speaking up for the kid or not - but even so it was one play. There appeared to be one in another game but randle was interferred with which forced him to break off the route and a penalty was called. There is a huge difference between running the wrong option route and not knowing how to run routes. Randle has shown that he certainly runs the route tree well and the option part is something that is not easy for anyone to pick up - mario struggled till his last days as a giant. no sign yet that randle wont pick it up.

Comment

I kind of think they will rotate that spot using Randle, Hixon, & Barden. Douglas will be on ST mostly, but will see some playing time there. And I don't know what they will do with Jurnigan.

Comment

Originally posted by nygon3 View Post
                              I hope Barden can continue from last game... Been a supporter and hoped we drafted him, but hasn't worked out just yet and i don't get too excited over preseason... Randle looks good but goes against backups primarily... by the end of the year Randle will have solidified that position... But I'm going on a limb just off the basis of knowing the playbook and going Barden.
                              Randle started against Chicago, and looked VERY good against a Top 15 defense before Barden replaced him.

Comment

Working...
                              X