Why not Barden ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not Barden ?

Instead of putting Beckum wide left on the 2nd fade attempt ( 1st half ) why not put Barden into that position.He`s definitely shown some ball skills.You `d think they`d be grooming this guy for next year.

Re: Why not Barden ?

[quote user="mcillo"]Instead of putting Beckum wide left on the 2nd fade attempt ( 1st half ) why not put Barden into that position.He`s definitely shown some ball skills.You `d think they`d be grooming this guy for next year.[/quote]

Not sure why they ran basically the same play twice in a row, but hey whatever works. Barden I do think would have made that catch.

Comment

Because Barden would have needed 6 seconds to run 5-8 yards.
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"]Because Barden would have needed 6 seconds to run 5-8 yards.[/quote]

Ramses Barden, not Ballard.

Barden is faster than Beckum (4.5 40, as opposed to 4.6). He's also more physical.

Comment

Beckum should have had that ball too, he misread it and hesitated, and then mistimed his jump. Not a mistake I expect from an NFL pro. He should study some game footage of Larry Fitzgerald and see how to go up for a ball. (Not saying it's an easy catch, but he could have gotten hands on it at least).

Comment

[quote user="Pteryx"]Beckum should have had that ball too, he misread it and hesitated, and then mistimed his jump. Not a mistake I expect from an NFL pro. He should study some game footage of Larry Fitzgerald and see how to go up for a ball. (Not saying it's an easy catch, but he could have gotten hands on it at least).[/quote]Beckum and NFL pro in the same sentence is an oxymoron.

Comment

[quote user="Pteryx"]Beckum should have had that ball too, he misread it and hesitated, and then mistimed his jump. Not a mistake I expect from an NFL pro. He should study some game footage of Larry Fitzgerald and see how to go up for a ball. (Not saying it's an easy catch, but he could have gotten hands on it at least).[/quote] I agree it was there and he mis-timed it, not much of a jump, Barden has basketball skills.
              You can argue play selections, but personel is a different story, esp. with the question of who steps up if MM isn`t here next year.

Comment

I personally think that they have gone to that well too often (that Super Bowl winning fade pass play to the corner).

Comment

[quote user="ebick"]I personally think that they have gone to that well too often (that Super Bowl winning fade pass play to the corner).[/quote]

No doubt.

And yes I would have liked to see Barden too right there.
                  Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="gmen0820"]Because Barden would have needed 6 seconds to run 5-8 yards.[/quote]

Barden is faster than Beckum (4.5 40, as opposed to 4.6). He's also more physical.
                    [/quote]I know it's Barden. Whenever I watch him, all I notice is how slow he is. I personally like Beckum's pad speed more, I feel it looks much smoother.
                    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="gmen0820"]Because Barden would have needed 6 seconds to run 5-8 yards.[/quote]

[/quote]

When has Barden showed that he is physical??

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[/quote]

When has Barden showed that he is physical??

[/quote] With his limited opportunities see vs. NE Pats this year and vs. Dallas last year.

Comment

[quote user="ebick"]I personally think that they have gone to that well too often (that Super Bowl winning fade pass play to the corner).[/quote]

If they didn't call the fade then it would've been an inside draw. Take your choice.

Comment

[/quote]and he's also 6'6, not 6'3 like beckum.
                            sigpic
                            Opposing wideouts

D.ont
                            R.ecieve
                            C.atches

Comment

[quote user="Pteryx"]Beckum should have had that ball too, he misread it and hesitated, and then mistimed his jump. Not a mistake I expect from an NFL pro. He should study some game footage of Larry Fitzgerald and see how to go up for a ball. (Not saying it's an easy catch, but he could have gotten hands on it at least).[/quote]

Beckum is not and will never be Larry Fitzgerald, he's a TE that can't block so they are seeing if he can do anything else, I agree Barden should have gotten a shot over Beckum in that situation.

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

Working...
                              X