Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final roster prediction after the last game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Final roster prediction after the last game

    Offense:
    QB(3):
    -Eli Manning
    -David Carr
    -Ryan Perrilloux

    RB (4):
    -Ahmad Bradshaw
    -David Wilson
    -DJ Ware
    -Da'Rel Scott

    FB (1):
    -Henry Hynoski

    WR (6):
    -Hakeem Nicks
    -Victor Cruz
    -Rueben Randle
    -Ramses Barden
    -Domenik Hixon
    -Jerrel Jernigan

    TE (3):
    -Martellus Bennett
    (Travis Beckum) *Currently PUP
    -Bear Pascoe (+backup FB)
    -Adrien Robinson

    T (4):
    -Will Beatty
    -Sean Locklear
    -David Diehl
    -James Brewer
    (top depth at LT, second at RT)

    G (3):
    -Chris Snee RG
    -Kevin Boothe LG
    -(Jim Cordle C/G) (Chris White C/G) --Still not quite sure which one, whoever makes it will be a "utility" lineman

    C (1):
    -David Baas

    Total Offense: 25


    Defense:

    DE (4):
    -Jason Pierre-Paul
    -Justin Tuck
    -Osi Umenyiora
    -Adewale Ojomo

    DT (4):
    (Chris Canty) *currently PUP
    -Linval Joseph
    -Rocky Bernard
    -Marvin Austin
    -Dwayne Hendricks

    Weak LB (2):
    -Michael Boley
    -Jacquian Williams

    Middle LB (2):
    -Chase Blackburn
    -Mark Herzlich

    Strong LB (3):
    -Mathias Kiwanuka
    -Keith Rivers
    -Spencer Paysinger

    CB (6):
    -Corey Webster
    -Prince Amukamara
    -Jayron Hosley
    -Terrell Thomas
    -Michael Coe
    -Justin Tryon

    SS (2):
    -Kenny Phillips
    -Tyler Sash

    FS (2):
    -Antrel Rolle
    -Will Hill

    Total Defense: 25

    ST (3):
    -Zak DeOssie LS
    -Lawrence Tynes K
    -Steve Weatherford P

    IR:
    -Brandon Mosley G/T
    -Justin Trattou DE
    -Brian Witherspoon CB
    -Shaun Rogers DT (they're going to try and sneak this guy in, doubt Belicheck is going to snipe this guy since he's only going after all the Tight Ends)

    PS:
    -Andre Brown RB
    -David Douglas WR
    -Matt McCants T
    -Adrian Tracy DE
    -Matt Broha DE
    -Markus Kuhn DT
    -Jake Muasau LB
    -Laron Scott CB
    (if someone gets picked up by another team): Christian Hopkins TE

    Notes:
    1) I included PUP players where they would be in the depth should they be reactivated. They currently are not part of the 53-man roster, but if reactivated they would bump the bottom player on the depth off the team (or there would have to be a cut elsewhere)
    2) I've been ragging on Barden big time for pretty much not doing anything ever, but I now actually see what the coaches have been waiting for all these years to show up, so he gets in.
    3) Brown's fumbling cost him a roster spot. I really liked the guy, but fumbling gets you off the team real quick. AFAIK he still has one more year of PS eligibilty, although i'm not 100% sure on that...
    4) I know "we never take 3 QB", but I'm really worried given Carr's performance. We need to keep Perry around...
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 08-30-2012, 12:17 AM.

    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

  • #2
    Great prediction probably going to be fairly accurate,
    however I do think we go with Brown on the regular squad and cut DJ Ware
    I haven't seen much of ware lately and think he might be in the doghouse

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Bigbluefan77 View Post
      Great prediction probably going to be fairly accurate,
      however I do think we go with Brown on the regular squad and cut DJ Ware
      I haven't seen much of ware lately and think he might be in the doghouse
      I think we still need his pass protection, as mediocre as his play is. Then again you may be right. I just remember Scott fumbling last season, and then he never took a snap and wasn't even active most of the games during the season.

      I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

      Comment


      • #4
        I seriously wish Andre Brown knew how to pass protect, I think DJ Ware is sticking around strictly because of his pass pro.
        "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

        Comment


        • #5
          I feel like Greg Jones is gonna get scooped up pretty quick if he gets cut but I do like your prediction for the D.
          "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

          Comment


          • #6
            Only guy I do not agree with you on is T2. I do not think he makes the roster unless some serious questions are answered. I hope he is healthy and I hope I am wrong, but I suspect the Giants will have to either IR him or cut him.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Beelzeboss View Post
              I seriously wish Andre Brown knew how to pass protect, I think DJ Ware is sticking around strictly because of his pass pro.
              You and me both bro... Andre Brown has some great potential (which is why I still have him on PS), and if we can coach fumbleitis out of Tiki Barber, we can coach it out of anyone. Just needs a little more time. Maybe by 2013 season Wilson, Scott, and/or Brown will have pass protection down and we can release Ware.

              I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

              Comment


              • #8
                Predicting the Offensive final roster is alot tougher than the defense thats for sure, the RB decision is going to be very interesting friday,
                I do have to say since we drafted wilson, the need for a burner is slightly diminished

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                  Only guy I do not agree with you on is T2. I do not think he makes the roster unless some serious questions are answered. I hope he is healthy and I hope I am wrong, but I suspect the Giants will have to either IR him or cut him.
                  You may be right on that too. It's a shame, I really like the guy, but there's a decent chance of that happening too. We don't know what the doctors and coaches do. Between cutting and IR, I see IR first though...

                  If he gets cut, Laron scott gets on the team. Still don't see us rolling with less than 6 CBs the way they keep getting injured.

                  I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bigbluefan77 View Post
                    Predicting the Offensive final roster is alot tougher than the defense thats for sure, the RB decision is going to be very interesting friday,
                    I do have to say since we drafted wilson, the need for a burner is slightly diminished
                    That's what I had been saying most of the preseason. WIlson makes Scott redundant. I was really high on Brown, but fumbling is the fast way to be shown the door around here unfortunately

                    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      weird double post thinggy
                      Last edited by BlueSanta; 08-30-2012, 12:36 AM.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                        You may be right on that too. It's a shame, I really like the guy, but there's a decent chance of that happening too. We don't know what the doctors and coaches do. Between cutting and IR, I see IR first though...

                        If he gets cut, Laron scott gets on the team. Still don't see us rolling with less than 6 CBs the way they keep getting injured.
                        The other problem I see, and it is going to be a seriously tough decision is at DE.

                        You list 4 DE and I cannot really agrue against any of them except that 3 of the 4 play RDE as their natural position. Tuck is the only guy who is a natural LDE. JPP helped fill the roll for Justin when he was injured last year, but JPP's stats were significantly dimimished when asked to play on that side.

                        Considering Tucks recent shoulder probs and the fact that Tuck can also move to DT in the Nascar package, I think it makes sense that we keep Adrian Tracy. The other guy who is a natural LDE.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          To me this is probably one of the tougher rosters to ever have to cut down. There is alot of fodder here but there are also alot of quality backups too. With the way guys go down to injury you definitely need depth. This year I was more excited about our undrafted free agents than I was our draft picks.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                            The other problem I see, and it is going to be a seriously tough decision is at DE.

                            You list 4 DE and I cannot really agrue against any of them except that 3 of the 4 play RDE as their natural position. Tuck is the only guy who is a natural LDE. JPP helped fill the roll for Justin when he was injured last year, but JPP's stats were significantly dimimished when asked to play on that side.

                            Considering Tucks recent shoulder probs and the fact that Tuck can also move to DT in the Nascar package, I think it makes sense that we keep Adrian Tracy. The other guy who is a natural LDE.
                            You make a good point, one that I neglected to address in the OP, but who would you cut in favor of Tracy? When it comes to Nascar packages, doesn't Kiwi get involved in that? Or am I mistaken?

                            I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                              You make a good point, one that I neglected to address in the OP, but who would you cut in favor of Tracy? When it comes to Nascar packages, doesn't Kiwi get involved in that? Or am I mistaken?
                              You think they might give up on Austin to clear that spot? I know he hasn't played but the coaches have to really be disappointed in his situation.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X