Final roster prediction after the last game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    You think they might give up on Austin to clear that spot? I know he hasn't played but the coaches have to really be disappointed in his situation.
    Well if he ends up getting IR'ed then the decision is fairly obvious. What is the latest news on Austin?

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
      Well if he ends up getting IR'ed then the decision is fairly obvious. What is the latest news on Austin?
      Not sure. Thought I read a post with a tweet from Garaf saying that if the decision had to be made today he would be IR'ed.

Comment

Dont believe Brown is eligible for PS

Comment

Originally posted by dave56dj View Post
          Dont believe Brown is eligible for PS
          Does that year on IR count as an "Accrued Season"? That's what i'm unsure about...

Comment

nice 53, we're pretty close, i was locked out of board for awhile, so maybe missed a couple of things, but HAD to give it a shot

QB - Eli,Carr (2)
            RB - Bradshaw, Wilson, Brown, Scott (6)
            WR - Nicks, Cruuuuuzzz, Randle, Barden, Hixon, Jernigan (12)
            TE - Bennett, Pascoe, Robinson (15)
            FB - Hynoski (16)
            OL - Snee, Diehl, Boothe, Baas, Beatty, Locklear, White, McCants (24)

DE - Tuck, JPP, Osi, Ojomo (28)
            DT - Joseph, Bernard, Thomas, Kuhn ... Rodgers DT or Tracy DE (33)
            LB - Boley, Kiwi, Rivers, J-Will, Herzlich, Blackburn, Paysinger (40)
            CB - Webster, (either Prince or TT depending on Doctors/TT's contract), Hosley, Coe, Tryon, Johnson (46)
            Safety - K-Phil, 'Trel, Sash, Hill (50)

P - Weatherford
            K - Tynes
            LS - DeOssie (53)

PUP - Canty, Beckum

IR - Mosely, Parker, Trattou, probably Rodgers and either Prince or TT

at risk . Hixon
            close call ... RB ... Brown, Ware, Scott
            Last edited by GMan-67; 08-30-2012, 04:47 AM.
            Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

Originally posted by GMan-67 View Post
              nice 53, we're pretty close, i was locked out of board for awhile, so maybe missed a couple of things, but HAD to give it a shot

QB - Eli,Carr (2)
              RB - Bradshaw, Wilson, Brown, Scott (6)
              WR - Nicks, Cruuuuuzzz, Randle, Barden, Hixon, Jernigan (12)
              TE - Bennett, Pascoe, Robinson (15)
              FB - Hynoski (16)
              OL - Snee, Diehl, Boothe, Baas, Beatty, Locklear, White, McCants (24)

DE - Tuck, JPP, Osi, Ojomo (28)
              DT - Joseph, Bernard, Thomas, Kuhn ... Rodgers DT or Tracy DE (33)
              LB - Boley, Kiwi, Rivers, J-Will, Herzlich, Blackburn, Paysinger (40)
              CB - Webster, (either Prince or TT depending on Doctors/TT's contract), Hosley, Coe, Tryon, Johnson (46)
              Safety - K-Phil, 'Trel, Sash, Hill (50)

P - Weatherford
              K - Tynes
              LS - DeOssie (53)

PUP - Canty, Beckum

IR - Mosely, Parker, Trattou, probably Rodgers and either Prince or TT

at risk . Hixon
              close call ... RB ... Brown, Ware, Scott
              That is a pretty good 1. I like Kuhn making it as well. He has played his way on imho.

I doubt very seriously the Giants will IR Prince for a ankle sprain. I do think T2 will get IR/Cut

I also give Stevie Brown and outside chance of making the team over Tyler Sash. That 4 game suspension is a killer. But, I am wishy-washy on that.
              sigpic

Comment

QB (2): Manning, Carr
                RB (4): Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, Brown
                FB (1): Hynoski
                WR (6): Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Barden, Hixon, Jernigan
                TE (3): Bennett, Pascoe, Robinson
                OL (9): Beatty, Boothe, Baas, Snee, Diehl, Locklear, Petrus, McCants, Brewer

DE (4): Tuck, Pierre-Paul, Umenyiora, Ojomo
                DT (4): Joseph, Bernard, Austin, Hendricks
                LB (7): Boley, Blackburn, Kiwanuka, Rivers, Herzlich, Williams, Paysinger
                CB (6): Webster, Thomas, Amukamara, Coe, Hosley, Tryon
                S (4): Rolle, Wilson, Hill, Brown

K (1): Tynes
                P (1): Weatherford
                LS (1): DeOssie

And as an added bonus, the Week 1 inactives will be: Brown, Jernigan, Beatty, McCants, Austin, Thomas, Amukamara

---

I wanted to keep Greg Jones but with all of the secondary injuries a 6th CB is a necessity. I wouldn't be opposed to cutting McCants and moving him to PS in favor of Jones or a 7th WR spot for David Douglas. But I don't think it will happen. 9 OL is the norm for TC.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbluefan77 View Post
                  Great prediction probably going to be fairly accurate,
                  however I do think we go with Brown on the regular squad and cut DJ Ware
                  I haven't seen much of ware lately and think he might be in the doghouse
                  I really don't think DJ Ware is getting cut but we will find out soon enough. I know I would keep him ahead of Brown and Scott.

Comment

No we he carries three QB's.

Comment

Some great insight in this thread! Roster guesses are going to be very close!
                      Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                        No we he carries three QB's.
                        Dude, did you see Carr perform last night? Yeah, me neither...

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                          Dude, did you see Carr perform last night? Yeah, me neither...
                          It doesn't matter. There are too many injuries at other positions to carry 3 QB's on a team where the starting QB has never missed a game. It's just not gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                            It doesn't matter. There are too many injuries at other positions to carry 3 QB's on a team where the starting QB has never missed a game. It's just not gonna happen.
                            The way our O-line is playing, do you really want to risk that? The Colts didn't bother with backups at all, and went 2-14 last year. The Patriots in 2008 at least tried to get a decent backup for Brady, and ended up going 11-5 with Matt freaking Cassel under center.

If we don't take 3 QB, then we have to cut Carr. I just can't see the dismal performance of last night doing us any good. At least Perriloux has a freaking cannon for an arm, and doesn't hold on to the ball forever...

Comment

I'm not saying it has to be Carr (even though I'm sure it will be). I'm just saying TC is only gonna take two on the final 53. And as far as the Colts last year, the same thing would happen to us. Do you see the caliber of back up QB's in this league. There aren't even enough quality QBs for 32 teams to have a legit starter let alone back up. If Eli goes down, so does the team. Our Oline has serious problems run blocking, if we ever lost Eli, you could put pretty much any backup QB in the league in there, and it wouldn't really matter. We'd be done. We go where Eli takes us.

Comment

It's going to be very interesting. Ojomo is a fan favorite; but he plays third string at his position. I think Tracy may find his way on the active roster and Ojomo to the practice squad.

Hate to rehash the Ware situation; but it just seems there ought to be a better choice.

I'm sure the coaches will pull one or two surprises on us. Pascoe may be expendable now. Austin might get cut outright. Will Beatty's inability to get on the field has to be causing some concern. I think Thomas may be in at DT, just not sure who would be left out. A lot of tough decisions for the staff, glad I'm not making them.

Comment

Working...
                                X