Major concerns heading into week 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major concerns heading into week 1

The Pats game was a huge disappointment on offense. The starters went against the Pat's scrubs and couldn't do anything. I hope this doesn't carry over into game 1.

looked bad against the scrubs they didnt to do much with fear of injury. however against a good bear d we had a great o performance
    sigpic
    FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Can't really gauge it from last nights walk through. However, offensive line is a huge concern. Seems like multiple defenders in the backfield on every running play.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
        Can't really gauge it from last nights walk through. However, offensive line is a huge concern. Seems like multiple defenders in the backfield on every running play.
        i agree line doesnt look good however last night snee didnt play and they kept running it by petrus to see what he had
        sigpic
        FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

the team had absolutely no intensity. but lets not look too much into it. in preseason games, offenses struggle often knowing they only have a few series and more pressure is added on each individual play to ensure the drive continues.
          we couldnt get out of our own way. team looked flat, but i think u also have to credit the intensity the NE 2nd teamers had. which is understandable bc many of them were playing for their job. they were celebrating when they made plays like it was the SB and not the last preseason game.

Also, i bet we were installing the gameplan for dallas already and things just werent working against a diff unit.

I have no worries about this game. The team will come out, and continue on without skipping a beat from the run last season. I expect BIG things

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
            the team had absolutely no intensity. but lets not look too much into it. in preseason games, offenses struggle often knowing they only have a few series and more pressure is added on each individual play to ensure the drive continues.
            we couldnt get out of our own way. team looked flat, but i think u also have to credit the intensity the NE 2nd teamers had. which is understandable bc many of them were playing for their job. they were celebrating when they made plays like it was the SB and not the last preseason game.

Also, i bet we were installing the gameplan for dallas already and things just werent working against a diff unit.

I have no worries about this game. The team will come out, and continue on without skipping a beat from the run last season. I expect BIG things
            well said and i agree 100%
            sigpic
            FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

There was less intensity in that game last night than there is in the Pro Bowl.

Comment

Yes, the players trying to get it over with and go home in a meaningless game is a major worry.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                  Seems like multiple defenders in the backfield on every running play.
                  Aka it seemed like we were watching video of our run game last year. It's preseason and the last game at that, but I am really hoping to see some major improvement over last year from the line.

Comment

Starters were playing not to get hurt, and our 2nd/3rd/4th string players were playing to get a spot.

I saw many non-starters playing with intensity at the end of the game (especially on defense).

Plus, our o-line was giving Carr and co. no time at all to make plays.

I wouldn't be worried at all.

Comment

The OL has been shaky all pre-season. I thought we'd see some improvement with Baas being in the second year and DD moving to RT which better fits his skill set, but the unit as a whole has been very underwhelming. Any news on Beatty returning? He's missed the entire pre-season which is not good.
                      All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

My biggest concern is stupid penalties that will make Eli work overtime and throw every pass twice. Wouldn't be the first time they shoot themselves in the foot with moronic penalties.

However, if they play smart and the penalties stay somewhat normal then this team doesn't have that many deficiencies. Ok, maybe the DT position, but the defense in general should be ok.

I'm expecting big things out of this group of football players.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

A+...I agree.

Comment

People tend to over react to preseason play. A lot of these are vets and many times they just end up going through the motions. The team as whole played very well in the only preseason game that mattered against the Bears.

On a side note the preseason really needs to be cut down to 2 games.

Comment

I have no worries at all from last night the Giants were just trying to get Nicks a couple reps they weren't showing much at all. I think when K.G. opens up the play book especially on 3rd and short defenses are going to be in trouble with all the weapons we have on offense and the defense all the starters were resting they will be beats against Dallas on Wednesday. This offense if it's not in the top 5 lol then I shoot myself.
                              sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                              X