Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the end for DJ Ware?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is this the end for DJ Ware?

    was reading through some twitter posts and I came across this today


    Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
    Coughlin gives me something to chew on before projected roster by saying Da'Rel Scott + Andre Brown "distinguished themselves" last nt. #nyg


    could this be the year that someone takes his spot? Why would Coughlin say that if he was planning on cutting Brown or Scott

  • #2
    Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    was reading through some twitter posts and I came across this today


    Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
    Coughlin gives me something to chew on before projected roster by saying Da'Rel Scott + Andre Brown "distinguished themselves" last nt. #nyg


    could this be the year that someone takes his spot? Why would Coughlin say that if he was planning on cutting Brown or Scott
    At other times I would say the words of the coach or GM could be designed to keep other teams' GMs off balance. In this case, I agree with you that Ware is hanging on by a thread.
    No one remembers who came in second.

    Comment


    • #3
      Some powerful words. Scary for Ware, but I'd be happy with it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Isn't Ware a very crucial piece of the 3rd down pass protection package? Who would take over that role if he's cut? Wilson clearly is not ready for that, are you really willing to hang our precious Eli's neck on Scott or Brown? I'll believe it when I see it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
          Isn't Ware a very crucial piece of the 3rd down pass protection package? Who would take over that role if he's cut? Wilson clearly is not ready for that, are you really willing to hang our precious Eli's neck on Scott or Brown? I'll believe it when I see it.
          He is the best route runner out of the backfield and knows his blocking assignments. If I were TC and his coaches, I'd make a calculated and educated guess about the OLine's ability to do its job. If they believe they can, Ware may be on his way out.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            He is the best route runner out of the backfield and knows his blocking assignments. If I were TC and his coaches, I'd make a calculated and educated guess about the OLine's ability to do its job. If they believe they can, Ware may be on his way out.
            lol RF, I thought you were heading the other way based on my opinion of the OL.
            No one remembers who came in second.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              He is the best route runner out of the backfield and knows his blocking assignments. If I were TC and his coaches, I'd make a calculated and educated guess about the OLine's ability to do its job. If they believe they can, Ware may be on his way out.
              They may also feel someone else is progressing into that role....another one of these things we just don't know
              "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

              1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jomo View Post
                lol RF, I thought you were heading the other way based on my opinion of the OL.
                I am, I was going through the back door to fool the detractors. IF the Oline can do the job is, at present, a major hurdle
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ware's body reminds me of AP maybe if we made him start he'll be like AP who knows?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                    He is the best route runner out of the backfield and knows his blocking assignments. If I were TC and his coaches, I'd make a calculated and educated guess about the OLine's ability to do its job. If they believe they can, Ware may be on his way out.
                    I really don't think we can trust this OLine. Did anyone fail to notice Eli was mostly running for his life all night against the Pats second team defense? I'm all for getting rid of DJ but it could be a death Sentence for Eli. And I don't think anyone here wants to see Carr start.. Cut brown and move on
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ware didn't even play yesterday which leads me to believe he's safe. If Ware was in any danger wouldn't he be playing alongside Scott and Brown and the rest of the guys yesterday on the bubble fighting for a roster spot?

                      *If Ware were to get cut though I just want to make it clear that I'd absolutely have no problem at all with that decision.
                      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                        I really don't think we can trust this OLine. Did anyone fail to notice Eli was mostly running for his life all night against the Pats second team defense? I'm all for getting rid of DJ but it could be a death Sentence for Eli. And I don't think anyone here wants to see Carr start.. Cut brown and move on
                        But he(Eli) also looked really good against the bears and their number one ...good defense.....so go figure
                        "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

                        1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Giantsfan241 View Post
                          Ware's body reminds me of AP maybe if we made him start he'll be like AP who knows?
                          I totally agree, dj is the next adrian peterson. So excited to see this kid blow up!
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by titwio View Post
                            Ware didn't even play yesterday which leads me to believe he's safe. If Ware was in any danger wouldn't he be playing alongside Scott and Brown and the rest of the guys yesterday on the bubble fighting for a roster spot?

                            *If Ware were to get cut though I just want to make it clear that I'd absolutely have no problem at all with that decision.
                            Agreed you would think if he was on bubble the coaches would give him a chance to fight for his job last night. I believe he is completely safe at this point.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              We started him one game against Denver in the regular season. He ran as well as former 1st round pick Ki-jana Carter

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X