Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not get Vince Young, he's better than Carr.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not get Vince Young, he's better than Carr.

I like Ryan P but he has no experience.

I rather have Carr than Vince Young

Comment

I'd rather have someone who knows the playbook
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Vince Young is not smart enough to run this offense.

Comment

I cringe at the idea of Vince Young and option routes. Most of the success he has had in his career involved a top 5 running game.

Comment

Why? So he can beat out Eli Manning and show us how good we'd be with a real QB?
            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Thank goodness there are posters with more knowledge about the game of football.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                I'd rather have someone who knows the playbook

What is your obsession with the playbook? If that were the big deal, we would have Gilbride playing QB

The way Eli bounces up, Perrilloux will have years to learn the playbook....then when called upon will have the talent, atheticism, and cajonnes to play the position......not run around out there like a headless chicken, that "knows the playbook"

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                  What is your obsession with the playbook? If that were the big deal, we would have Gilbride playing QB

The way Eli bounces up, Perrilloux will have years to learn the playbook....then when called upon will have the talent, atheticism, and cajonnes to play the position......not run around out there like a headless chicken, that "knows the playbook"
                  Knowing the playbook is important in any offense, but even more important in complex offenses like the Giants run. On almost any given play, the receivers have options in their route, they make decisions based on the coverage. This requires that the receivers and QB work well together and read the same things. One or the other being wrong, and you have potential disaster.

I agree, Eli is a tough QB, but I still want a backup that can come in a continue where he left off...
                  My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Cause knowing the playbook is very important. I remember at one time the Bills had a qb and he had a real bad game and he said the reason why he had a bad game was that he didn't study the playbook and the Bills got rid of his behind real fast.

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
                      Knowing the playbook is important in any offense, but even more important in complex offenses like the Giants run. On almost any given play, the receivers have options in their route, they make decisions based on the coverage. This requires that the receivers and QB work well together and read the same things. One or the other being wrong, and you have potential disaster.

I agree, Eli is a tough QB, but I still want a backup that can come in a continue where he left off...
                      Then you definitely do not want Carr........he is as far from Eli in capability, and coolness under pressure as is humanly possible. I get it, Carr looks the part
                      Unfortunately no NFL D cares how he looks on the sidelines

Comment

Then you definitely do not want Carr........he is as far from Eli in capability, and coolness under pressure as is humanly possible. I get it, Carr looks the part
                        Unfortunately no NFL D cares how he looks on the sidelines
                        If a backup is that good to even be close to Eli, then that backup would start.

Comment

Vince was so bad in Buffalo the Bills had to trade for Tavaris Jackson. If that doesn't tell all you need to know about Vince Young I don't know what does.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
                            Vince was so bad in Buffalo the Bills had to trade for Tavaris Jackson. If that doesn't tell all you need to know about Vince Young I don't know what does.
                            Yeah I would say Vince Young is now officially a bust.

He is a 1 read, tuck and run QB. He does not have the smarts to be a good QB in the NFL. Now I said good, not great.

It stills burns me that the Titans were able to beat the Giants in 06 and 2010 with Vince young as the QB. But hey, its still a team sport. Kiwi should have not let up on that sack in 06, game would have been over since that was 4th down.

Comment

Unfortunately for us Vince Young's only highlight reel in his NFL career was the day Kiwi let him get out of his grasp and we lost a big lead

Comment

Working...
                              X