X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli Manning is starting to remind me of Dan Fouts

Not very mobile.
    Great at reading defenses.
    Excellent field vision to find open receiver.
    ****ty defense
    Spotty run game.
    Carries his team.

Let me just say Eli Manning is not yet Dan Fouts in terms of excellence.

I thought Fouts was one of the best ever.....I'm just saying Eli is reminding me of Dan Fouts right now.

Re: Eli Manning is starting to remind me of Dan Fouts

[quote user="JMFP2"]Not very mobile.
    ****ty defense
    Spotty run game.
    Carries his team.

I thought Fouts was one of the best ever.....I'm just saying Eli is reminding me of Dan Fouts right now.[/quote]

showing your age sir , but a good observation

( dont worry i was born in the 60's too )
    Winter Is Coming .... Go Giants !

Comment

****ty defense
      Spotty run game.
      Carries his team.

I thought Fouts was one of the best ever.....I'm just saying Eli is reminding me of Dan Fouts right now.[/quote]

Dan Fouts is a Legend but consider this:

What if Eli put up the numbers he's put up this season for the next 7 years. Specifically the 4th quarter numbers? he go down as the greatest clutch player in the history of sports.
      My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

Eli is much more mobile than Fouts. Eli demonstrated his mobility when rolling right and throwing a strike to Nicks on the sidelines. Fouts couldn't move.

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="JMFP2"]Not very mobile.
          ****ty defense
          Spotty run game.
          Carries his team.

What if Eli put up the numbers he's put up this season for the next 7 years. Specifically the 4th quarter numbers? he go down as the greatest clutch player in the history of sports.[/quote]

I'm thinking he gets ranked alongside Fouts, and maybe in Marino's neighborhood. That's a tall order, though.

Comment

Eli Manning has ice going through his veins.

Nothing fazes him, when the game is on the line Eli turns into Superman.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

[quote user="NYSPORTS"]Eli is much more mobile than Fouts. Eli demonstrated his mobility when rolling right and throwing a strike to Nicks on the sidelines. Fouts couldn't move.[/quote]

My point is that Eli won't scare anyone with his feet.

Fouts moved around enough to slide out of danger, much like Eli.

Comment

****ty defense
                Spotty run game.
                Carries his team.

I thought Fouts was one of the best ever.....I'm just saying Eli is reminding me of Dan Fouts right now.[/quote]2/3 of the posters here have no idea what you are talking about. especially the ones who pretend to know about football.

Comment

[quote user="giantsforce"][quote user="JMFP2"]Not very mobile.
                  ****ty defense
                  Spotty run game.
                  Carries his team.

I thought Fouts was one of the best ever.....I'm just saying Eli is reminding me of Dan Fouts right now.[/quote]2/3 of the posters here have no idea what you are talking about. especially the ones who pretend to know about football.
                  [/quote]

Not everyone has a football background. Fortunately, that's not required to be a contributor.

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="JMFP2"]Not very mobile. Great at reading defenses. Excellent field vision to find open receiver. ****ty defense Spotty run game. Carries his team. Let me just say Eli Manning is not yet Dan Fouts in terms of excellence. I thought Fouts was one of the best ever.....I'm just saying Eli is reminding me of Dan Fouts right now.[/quote] Dan Fouts is a Legend but consider this: What if Eli put up the numbers he's put up this season for the next 7 years. Specifically the 4th quarter numbers? he go down as the greatest clutch player in the history of sports.[/quote]

Let's not play the numbers game. In Fout's era, it was twice as hard to throw the ball. Which makes Marino's records all the more impressive.

Comment

****ty defense
                      Spotty run game.
                      Carries his team.

Eli is SOOOOOO much better then Fouts.

Anyone can close their eyes and launch the ball as far as they can.

It takes skill to do it with the worst body language in the league.
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="gumby742"]

[quote user="burier"][quote user="JMFP2"]Not very mobile. Great at reading defenses. Excellent field vision to find open receiver. ****ty defense Spotty run game. Carries his team. Let me just say Eli Manning is not yet Dan Fouts in terms of excellence. I thought Fouts was one of the best ever.....I'm just saying Eli is reminding me of Dan Fouts right now.[/quote] Dan Fouts is a Legend but consider this: What if Eli put up the numbers he's put up this season for the next 7 years. Specifically the 4th quarter numbers? he go down as the greatest clutch player in the history of sports.[/quote]

Let's not play the numbers game. In Fout's era, it was twice as hard to throw the ball. Which makes Marino's records all the more impressive.

[/quote]

just find this funny

Comment

[quote user="gumby742"]

Let's not play the numbers game.* In Fout's era, it was twice as hard to throw the ball.* Which makes Marino's records all the more impressive.

[/quote]

Few from this era grasp that concept.

Comment

[quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="burier"][quote user="JMFP2"]Not very mobile.
                            ****ty defense
                            Spotty run game.
                            Carries his team.

What if Eli put up the numbers he's put up this season for the next 7 years. Specifically the 4th quarter numbers? he go down as the greatest clutch player in the history of sports.[/quote]

I'm thinking he gets ranked alongside Fouts, and maybe in Marino's neighborhood. That's a tall order, though.[/quote]
                            No Eli is in a different category than those two. What does Eli have that Marino and Fouts never had?

Comment

[quote user="NYSPORTS"][quote user="gumby742"]

Let's not play the numbers game.* In Fout's era, it was twice as hard to throw the ball.* Which makes Marino's records all the more impressive.

[/quote]

Few from this era grasp that concept.[/quote]

I was talking more so about clutch play. The rule changes have an impact but right now Eli is doing things few of his contemporaries ever do and he's doing it with pretty amazing frequency.

Fouts and Marino are great but Eli has come up with some pretty insane plays to win games. We can't hold it against players from this era because the rules are a little different,.
                              My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

Working...
                              X