Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Philthadelphia still win the division?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Philthadelphia still win the division?

If the Cowboys lose to the Eagles? we still have to play Cowboys and Redskins...

at least our games are at home.

Re: Can Philthadelphia still win the division?

[quote user="wrek537emc"]If the Cowboys lose to the Eagles? we still have to play Cowboys and Redskins... at least our games are at home.[/quote]

Lets face it, the NFL east is a very weak division. So yes, 8-8 could win it. I don't think any team from the East will get past the first round in the playoffs!

Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Yes, they have an outside chance. They could finish 8-8. If they did, they would be 5-1 in the division. If we or Dallas end up 8-8 they would break the tie with us based on division record and with Dallas based on head-to-head.

Comment

[quote user="bigjeep"]

[quote user="wrek537emc"]If the Cowboys lose to the Eagles? we still have to play Cowboys and Redskins... at least our games are at home.[/quote]

Lets face it, the NFL east is a very weak division. So yes, 8-8 could win it. I don't think any team from the East will get past the first round in the playoffs!

[/quote]

Yeah, except the team with the best chance of getting passed the first round is the Giants. The only team that scares me in the NFC is NO.

Comment

[quote user="BJacobs aka The Problem"][quote user="bigjeep"]

[/quote] Yeah, except the team with the best chance of getting passed the first round is the Giants. The only team that scares me in the NFC is NO.[/quote]

After watching them against other teams, anyone else think that Sean Payton just has our number?

Comment

[quote user="BJacobs aka The Problem"][quote user="bigjeep"]

[/quote] Yeah, except the team with the best chance of getting passed the first round is the Giants. The only team that scares me in the NFC is NO.[/quote]

Agreed!

Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

yes ;

the best the Eagles can do is 8-n-8

but should Giants and Cowboys fall to 8-n-8

the Eagles win the division because they would have a 5-n-1 division record. both Giants and Dallas have 2 division losses already.
              Dallas would also lose the head to head with
              Philly 2 to 0.
              due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
              my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

mathmatically yes, realisticly no

Comment

[quote user="bigjeep"]

[/quote]

Strongly disagree here.... The winner of our division will be playing one of the following teams.

1. Whoever comes in second in our division. Meaning someone from our division definitely moves on to round 2.

2. The Falcons. I strongly feel both us or Dallas would take care of Atlanta at home.

3. The Lions. Again, I feel confident both us or Dallas would take care of business at home.

4. The Bears. No Cutler, no Forte, if the Bears sneak in, both us and Dallas will beat them.

NFC East team will move past the first round this year, I am confident and hopeful that will be the NY football GIANTS!

Comment

yea...what he said.
                    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

what if Giants go 9-7 (wins over the jets and either Wash/Dallas and one loss to Wash/Dal), but Eagles go 8-8? Giants will have a better record, but the eagles will be 5-1 in the division, and giants will be 4-2?

Comment

[quote user="wrek537emc"]what if Giants go 9-7 (wins over the jets and either Wash/Dallas and one loss to Wash/Dal), but Eagles go 8-8? Giants will have a better record, but the eagles will be 5-1 in the division, and giants will be 4-2?[/quote]
                        lol really man? our overal record would be better so division records would not matter at all.

the only way division records come into play is if the overal records are tied. then it would go to season series, if the overal records are the same and the head to head season series is the same, then it would come down to division record

Comment

[quote user="wrek537emc"]If the Cowboys lose to the Eagles? we still have to play Cowboys and Redskins...

at least our games are at home.[/quote]

It's not even part of my thinking at the moment. All I could figure on is the giants beat Dallas again and then Washington. I think that should do it.

I just don't like the Giants playing the Jets if there's something on the line. The Jets are dangerous for the Giants.

Comment

[quote user="oldgiantfan"][quote user="wrek537emc"]If the Cowboys lose to the Eagles? we still have to play Cowboys and Redskins...

at least our games are at home.[/quote]

It's not even part of my thinking at the moment. All I could figure on is the giants beat Dallas again and then Washington. I think that should do it.

I just don't like the Giants playing the Jets if there's something on the line. The Jets are dangerous for the Giants.[/quote] i honestly think Eli would carve upppp the Jets D. they have NO pass rush at all, and when Eli has time, he will not miss. and i can see nicks being a physical beast to revis. Revis is amazing, but that back shoulder throw to nicks is unstoppable

Comment

[quote user="ebick"][quote user="BJacobs aka The Problem"][quote user="bigjeep"]

After watching them against other teams, anyone else think that Sean Payton just has our number?

[/quote]

The Giants just don't match up well against NO. I don't know why, they just don't. Brees has Giantbane and that TE of theirs, Graham, that guy is sick.

Comment

Working...
                              X