• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Romo Chokes ..Again

Those bright Jerry lights helped us win. hahaha

Comment

I liked when he saw us driving he ran to the sidelines and started yelling at the secondary pointing here and there...and Eli passed right where he was pointing for a completion lol

Comment

To me the play was on Austin. Don't know how you can say a guy that passed 21 for 31 for 320 and 4 TDs was at fault.

I think Austin missed the ball more than he missed Austin. I thought the pass WAS perfect. It was certainly catchable and out of the reach of the defender. Austin has been out for a while with a hammy, and I guess he didn't want to re-tweak it.

Not to mention Romo got them within FG range to tie it.

The only odd play that happened was the safety. Honestly, I didn't mind it. That's the kind of play that he can usually make. He lost balance, but 9 times out of 10 he makes a play. That's what you get with Romo. That play didn't lose us the game.

Game is on Rob Ryan and the D.

Comment

[quote user="Ntegrase96"]To me the play was on Austin. Don't know how you can say a guy that passed 21 for 31 for 320 and 4 TDs was at fault.

I think Austin missed the ball more than he missed Austin. I thought the pass WAS perfect. It was certainly catchable and out of the reach of the defender. Austin has been out for a while with a hammy, and I guess he didn't want to re-tweak it.

The only odd play that happened was the safety. Honestly, I didn't mind it. That's the kind of play that he can usually make. He lost balance, but 9 times out of 10 he makes a play. That's what you get with Romo. That play didn't lose us the game.

[/quote]feels good man, feels good

that one hurt, hope it stays with your team

Comment

Austin or whoever that was, catches that ball, game is OVER. Romo, as nice a guy he is and talented, is a choke artist.

Comment

If you watch the play over thru the next play, you would see Austin looking up at the lights. He claimed he could not see the ball, had he picked it up he would have easily rerouted and ran to it. The pass had plenty of air under it so, it wasnt the problem.....I know its unfashionable to praise anyone but Eli, but as one poster said, it was the Cowgirl defense that lost the game along with some good offensive play by the Gmen......

Comment

[quote user="bansaw"][quote user="Ntegrase96"]To me the play was on Austin. Don't know how you can say a guy that passed 21 for 31 for 320 and 4 TDs was at fault.

[/quote]feels good man, feels good

that one hurt, hope it stays with your team

[/quote]

Yup. It sucked for me, but good game overall... well, entertaining at least.

I said we'd split, but hoped we got the early game. Either way, we're still very much in the hunt. We don't win it, we don't deserve it. That one was too close for me to be worried about the next.

Comment

Romo gave the Cowboys a 34-22 lead with less than six minutes remaining (which the defense gave away). Any quarterback who gives his team a 12-point lead that late in the fourth quarter has essentially done his job for the night.

He put the Cowboys in field goal range to tie it at the end of the game.

He had 4 touchdowns with no interceptions.

It's hard to do much better than that as a quarterback. I'm not sure where the "choke" assessment is for this one?

Comment

[quote user="Ntegrase96"]To me the play was on Austin. Don't know how you can say a guy that passed 21 for 31 for 320 and 4 TDs was at fault.

[/quote]I agree. When that ball was in the air, it looked like and easy catch for a TD. I think that Austin was slightly off track on the ball flight which was inside his line. He picked it up late and didn't adjust. He also seemed to slow down or not have a burst, perhaps because of the hammy.

On a side note, and I don't mean to be a wise ***, but what exactly is Rob Ryan's claim to fame? I know who his daddy is and I know who his brother is. However,he seems to get way more than his fair share ofcamera time for a guy who seems to get less out of his roster than most.

No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

BTW, if Tony Romo could throw balls to Mario Manningham, would they ever complete a big pass??
                      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

[quote user="Cowboys Fan From Asia"]Romo gave the Cowboys a 34-22 lead with less than six minutes remaining (which the defense gave away). Any quarterback who gives his team a 12-point lead that late in the fourth quarter has essentially done his job for the night.

He put the Cowboys in field goal range to tie it at the end of the game.

He had 4 touchdowns with no interceptions.

It's hard to do much better than that as a quarterback. I'm not sure where the "choke" assessment is for this one?
                        [/quote]

He didn't choke. He had a good game and essentially did as he pleased.

Comment

[quote user="jomo"]

[/quote]I agree. When that ball was in the air, it looked like and easy catch for a TD. I think that Austin was slightly off track on the ball flight which was inside his line. He picked it up late and didn't adjust. He also seemed to slow down or not have a burst, perhaps because of the hammy.

On a side note, and I don't mean to be a wise ***, but what exactly is Rob Ryan's claim to fame? I know who his daddy is and I know who his brother is. However,he seems to get way more than his fair share ofcamera time for a guy who seems to get less out of his roster than most.

[/quote]

Basically just the Ryan moniker. He did well at the beginning of the year with good line backer blitzes, but he has since been decoded. I would like to see him run a defense with better corners, but I don't think it would matter. He really ticked me off with blitzes from the secondary when we were up by 12 with minutes to go... where was the gain in that?

Ryan is good at motivating people, but probably not a very good X's and O's guy. He definitely would have benefited from a FA CB pick up though.

Comment

[/quote]

Autism almost looks like he's laughing here.

Comment

Austin said he lost the ball in the lights....who knows.

Comment

[quote user="oldgiantfan"]I don't like the thought but if Romo tags that wide open receiver near the end of the game it's over for the Giants. Romo choked again and none of the announcers picked it up. I'm starting to think Romo has problems in pressure situations.[/quote]How to handle this correctly.[8-)][*-)] You are wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X