X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrel Thomas IR not the short 1

Probably the end of his career as a Giant

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
    Giants place Terrell Thomas, Shaun Rogers on injured reserve: Both players did not receive short-term IR designation

Comment

Kinda hoping that Marvin Austin gets that designation

Comment

man oh man hope tweet was wrong

Comment

Damn. Poor guy.

Comment

Do not be shocked if we see an injury settlement and Thomas trys to play elsewhere. Maybe an Eagle LOL

Comment

So that designation had to be done already for him to be on the short IR? I thought it was a textbook example of a marquee player who was out for the first half of the year. So many news outlets had said that this would help the Giants keep Terrell available this year. I guess that was wrong.

Comment

guess his knee was worse than they were saying.

Comment

this stuff is still developing... there are a few players in this same situation as far as we know... Rogers , etc

Comment

If the Giants decide to offer him an injury settlement, he can play for another team this season. Sad to say, but this is prob the end of his Giants Career. We have too many people to sign this offseason including Kenny Phillips and Victor Cruz

Comment

Not to mention that if Prince, Hosley, Coe, and Tryon all pan out, there really won't be room on this team for TT in the future.

It's a shame, TT is a real cool guy, but such is the nature of football.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

really pisses me off to hear this, they supposedly got the best possble news on him then put him on ir this just doesn't sit well with me

Comment

It's sad, but I think it's the right thing to do--for the team and for T2's future. If he were to get hurt again, no team would want to take a shot on him.

I do agree that his NYG career has most likely ended. I wish him well.

Comment

The question is, why full-season IR him rather than cutting him outright? In 2013 Prince Coe Tryon and Hosley will all have another year of experience. We will be fully loaded at CB, and will just be paying TT to sit on IR again. If we cut him, and no other team picks him up, we can Blackburn him later on if there are injuries during the season...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by roadgrader76 View Post
                              Kinda hoping that Marvin Austin gets that designation
                              I am pretty sure Garafolo says Austin not going to IR
                              Last edited by RoanokeFan; 08-31-2012, 09:38 PM.
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Working...
                              X