Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants keeping 4 half-backs

What are your thoughts on this?

They kept 4 last year too. I think these four are going to be great and they're going to push each other as well. They got a lot of speed and toughness and Scott is an upgrade over Ware imo...He has better hands and bigger big play ability. They have him listed as the #3 so I'm thinking he'll replace the Ware duties of last year.

Bradshaw will be the workhorse and Wilson will be a perfect compliment to Ahmad's style...solid one-two punch right there. Then they got Brown who can bruise late in games when the other backs start wearing down. Yes, you can say I'm fairly excited for this group.
    Last edited by titwio; 08-31-2012, 10:07 PM.
    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
      They kept 4 last year too. I think these four are going to be great and they're going to push each other as well. They got a lot of speed and toughness and Scott is an upgrade over Ware imo...He has better hands and bigger big play ability. They have him listed as the #3 so I'm thinking he'll replace the Ware duties of last year.

Bradshaw will be the workhorse and Wilson will be a perfect compliment to Ahmad's style...solid one-two punch right there. Then they got Brown who can bruise late in games when the other backs start wearing down. Yes, you can say I'm fairly excited for this group.
      On the same page as you, bro. +1.

Comment

Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing how this group performs.

Two Predictions:

1. Wilson will finish the season with more carries than Ahmad.
        2. Da'Rel Scott will become a legit NFL back, worthy of a heavy workload.

Comment

How does Scott and Brown make the team before DJ Ware...Im not happy with that at all. I would of got rid Brown.
          " In Reese to Sign a Bust"

Comment

Originally posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
            How does Scott and Brown make the team before DJ Ware...Im not happy with that at all. I would of got rid Brown.
            Why what has made DJ Ware such a great NFL Player. the guy hasnt won carries in 5 years why is that going to change now

Comment

Im thrilled they finally got rid of Ware he brought nothing to this team. Wont be long till Bradshaw is gone and Wilson and Scott are the 2 feature backs.

Comment

Both 1&2 are effectively starters, so four total RBs makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by GFiP View Post
                  What are your thoughts on this?
                  4 is the norm for the Giants. 1 will be inactive

Comment

I am not worried about the running ability of our backs.

I am not at all worried about the recieving ability of our backs.

I am not even worried about the pass protection of our backs so much.

I am very concerned about our young backs fumbling the football because we have a few guys who have a history of doing it.
                    sigpic

Comment

same as last year, very standard
                      Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

Originally posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
                        This is the team now, these are the players, we need to get behind them and make another run for the brass ring.
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

People, you dont get to see practices and scrimmages, You dont sit in on positional meetings and you have no idea how players are grasping things . This is the large bulk of the camp. No, you only see the games where players maybe get 5 touches. Where the playbook isnt even openned a little.

So you saying "I am really not happy we got rid of X player" is essentially you saying " I know more than our 2x superbowl winning, future hall of fame coach and his staff despite the fact that they get to see practice and I dont."

Quite frankly, I think Ill take their opinion over yours.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                            People, you dont get to see practices and scrimmages, You dont sit in on positional meetings and you have no idea how players are grasping things . This is the large bulk of the camp. No, you only see the games where players maybe get 5 touches. Where the playbook isnt even openned a little.

So you saying "I am really not happy we got rid of X player" is essentially you saying " I know more than our 2x superbowl winning, future hall of fame coach and his staff despite the fact that they get to see practice and I dont."

Quite frankly, I think Ill take their opinion over yours.
                            i have no problem with people maybe missing Dj Ware, but its not a player u can sit there and easily say he should be here over Brown or Scott.. Quite Frankly Ware had his shot and didn't do enough with it.. He had ample chances ot make more of a statement and never did.. Now its Scotts and Browns turn...

Comment

The third and fourth guy help on special teams, or don't take up an active spot on game day. Given Bradshaw's injury history, I think it's good insurance to have RB four deep.

Comment

Working...
                              X