SI listed the top 10 QBs best suited to go over 6000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SI listed the top 10 QBs best suited to go over 6000

They did a piece on which quarterbacks they thought had the best chance to hit the 6k mark in passing for a season.Yep you guessed it Eli is not on the list..
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I think this is one mark I don't see any quarterback making until there is absolutely no running game at all. You would have to almost have a 100% completion percentage to even pull that off.

I still think this year there will only be 2 or 3 quarterbacks to just get over 4000 yards.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 09-01-2012, 12:05 AM.

Comment

No surprise that Rodgers, Bree's and Brady were on the list. They came in 1st, 2nd and 6th

..Stattford was 3rd, followed by two new comers Andrew Luck in 4th and Cam Newton in 5th.

Then two more new guys in 7th and 8th..

Matt Barkley and RG3

Rounding out the top ten were Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco in 9th and 10th place...

.I am a bit upset to say the least
      Last edited by miked1958; 09-01-2012, 12:11 AM.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE

Comment

These bozos at SI don't even have the giants making the playoffs. They have us coming in second tied with the eagles at 9-7. And cowboys winning NFCE at 10-6.

They have the broncos losing to packers 33-30 in SB

4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
          I think this is one mark I don't see any quarterback making until there is absolutely no running game at all. You would have to almost have a 100% completion percentage to even pull that off.I still think this year there will only be 2 or 3 quarterbacks to just get over 4000 yards.
          I agree. Plus you have to have great WRs and TEs and guys that can catch the ball out of the backfield.... Wait Eli has that..

LolBut on serious side I don't mind that Eli wasnt on list. I do mind that there is 4 guys with little or no experience in the NFL on the list. That's a slap in the face to Eli IMO
          Last edited by miked1958; 09-01-2012, 12:13 AM.

4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
            I agree. Plus you have to have great WRs and TEs and guys that can catch the ball out of the backfield.... Wait Eli has that..

LolBut on serious side I don't mind that Eli wasnt on list. I do mind that there is 4 guys with little or no experience in the NFL on the list. That's a slap in the face to Eli IMO
            Yeah, I think they must be bored at SI...especially to even think Matt Barkley could pull that off. USC quarterbacks haven't been all that great lately...Sanchez, Palmer, Leinart, etc.

Comment

Can you imagine that? I am not ragging on Eli, but once he had a 0 qb rating. He was a hair from busting the 5000 yard mark. Without a longer season I do not think it is possible. But other then Brady and Rogers Eli has the best chance. Flaco has no chance. His sinister moustache will not support that many yards.
              Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Technically last year, Eli had over 6,000 passing yards.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
                  Technically last year, Eli had over 6,000 passing yards.
                  You talking dropped passes or passes made to the other team?

4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
                    Yeah, I think they must be bored at SI...especially to even think Matt Barkley could pull that off. USC quarterbacks haven't been all that great lately...Sanchez, Palmer, Leinart, etc.
                    Yea to list barkley, rg3 and luck is just crazy. Even cam is more of a runner then passer.

4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

Besides SI does anyone else think the 4 newbie qbs can put up those numbers? I find that assumption absurb, just like Eli not being on the list.

Comment

I think last year was a fluke league wide...especially with Newton. I think Newton will be successful but I don't think he'll do what he did last year again. I don't think RG3 or Luck will get close. I still attribute last year to NFL defenses being behind the curve. There were way too many who broke 5000 or even sniffed it.

Comment

Si is A joke.

Comment

375 yards per game average over 16 games, I'd say Rodgers or Brees have a chance to do that next year lol.
                            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

There's a reason why a ton of pass rushers went early in the draft this year. People are looking at the Giants defense and how they shut down passers at the point of attack. As more pass rushers come online league-wide, you're going to see lower passing totals... and maybe even the return of the power run game.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X