Ross vs TT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ross vs TT

Could we have afforded to keep Ross with the money we just flushed away gambling that TT could return to form? I know TT's deal was heavy in incentives with little guarenteed and I don't know what kind of deal Ross took with the Jags. Ross definitely had his ups and downs but I would feel better with him on the roster now that TT is out.

I've wondered the same thing, but it's a moot point. We couldn't afford both, so even JR looses a roll of the dice once in a while.

Comment

Ross signed a 3 year, $15 million deal with the Jags. That's a lot of money for Ross imo.

Comment

We would never have found enough $ to keep him. Hosely is a nice long term answer. Prince might still come to america and play.
        Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Ross' contract gives him around $1 million more per year than what Thomas would be receiving.

Comment

I liked Ross than most others, but it was a crap shoot with both of them IMO. Ross is injury prone as well. I think that TT was the better risk being that he wasn't going to cost as much.

Comment

I preferred Ross more than T2. And Ross always showed up in the playoffs. T2 made a few nice plays, but got burned quite a bit.
              Peace,
              DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

The way Tryon and Coe (and Hosley before he got injured) stepped up this preseason, I'm not as worries as I was. We can do this.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                  Ross' contract gives him around $1 million more per year than what Thomas would be receiving.
                  T2 only makes 1 mil of his contract in the 1st season. It was designed that way so he could show his knee was healthy, and if it was not he could be cut without much expense to the team. However, his contact in the subsequent years goes up dramatically. Furthermore, you are incorrect about the 1 mil per year more than T2 because you aren't including the potential 11 extra mill T2's contract had in performance bonuses.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                    The way Tryon and Coe (and Hosley before he got injured) stepped up this preseason, I'm not as worries as I was. We can do this.
                    i saw tyron got beat alot

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                    @Katdaddyjay 17h
                    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

these boards crucified Ross ... easily the most hated player from last year thru midseason .... not only that, he was projected behind Webster, TT and Prince, so he decided why not make more $$$ and be a starter ...hard to blame him or the Giants
                      Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

It's not just about averaging the salaries. I don't think Giants could have afforded to pay Ross what he earns next year what he earns with the Jags when his cap hit swells to about 4mil whereas Thomas' is around 3 in a year where we need to resign other players.

Cornerbacks are expensive, the average salary of a #2 is about 5-6 mil. Giants were not going to pay that for a guy that was projected as 3 or 4, especially when they were teetering around the cap.

Ross played sufficiently last season when Giants desperately needed someone, but in the end of the day, he still was statistically poor as a corner. All of this wanting him back is purely speaking on hindsight. Everyone knows Thomas was worth the gamble.

Comment

Ross was nothing more than an adequate fill in. There were a bunch of times he was out of position and a few times he got burned. There were also times he stepped it up. Very inconsistent. I definitely don't blame him for taking the money, especially since he had what he wanted in Super Bowl rings...the pinnacle of an NFL player's desire.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonSoul View Post
                            I preferred Ross more than T2. And Ross always showed up in the playoffs. T2 made a few nice plays, but got burned quite a bit.
                            Yeah he did show up in the playoffs. Unfortunately that's the only time he showed up. His inconsistent play during the season contributed to a 9-7 record and almost missing the playoffs to begin with. Ross imo is just one of those guys that you can't over pay. You have no idea what you'll get on the field game to game. Regardless, it's done.

Comment

Funny how people talk about Ross being an adequate fill in, but thats the point...He ACTUALLY FILLED IN. We gotta get rid of these injury proned cornerbacks so we can keep Rolle far from being a slot cover guy. We might as well sign Willie Blackmon back because this secondary is a mess just like our offensive line.
                              " In Reese to Sign a Bust"

Comment

Working...
                              X