Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petrus Waived

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
    The Giants claimed T D.J. Jones off waivers from the Philadelphia Eagles. He takes Petrus' spot. #NYG

I'm guessing that means Cordle is now the primary backup interior lineman.

Comment

Originally posted by kbusch22 View Post
      I'm guessing that means Cordle is now the primary backup interior lineman.
      sad...he looked like a very promising player last year.

Comment

D J Jones college info

Senior offensive tackle D.J. Jones was a fixture in the Nebraska offensive line during the 2010 season, helping Nebraska produce outstanding offensive numbers. The 6-5, 310-pound Jones held down the right tackle spot, and was part of an offensive line that started intact throughout the 2010 campaign.
        The line allowed Nebraska to lead the Big 12 in rushing offense, and produce three players with at least 900 rushing yards. Jones played both guard and tackle during his NU career, but settled in at tackle in 2010 and had to handle the bulk of the load on the right side with Marcel Jones sidelined much of the season by injury. Jones graduated with a degree in communications in May of 2010 and spent his senior season working toward a masterís degree.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14575/dj-jones

hes a mountain of a man.

Comment

Wow. A lot of posters had him starting over Boothe earlier this year. Gonna be a lot of crying in this thread.

Comment

I dont know what went wrong with petrus but he was not the same player this season

Comment

This really can't be a surprise based on the preseason results we witnessed. I've never heard of Jones but I hope he was one of those players the Eagles wanted to put on the practice squad. I hope he can get up to speed quickly, even for depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                  I dont know what went wrong with petrus but he was not the same player this season

WOW.......... no kidding.... this is shocking news... damn it
                  "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                    I always thought he was average at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Mod_C View Post
                      This really can't be a surprise based on the preseason results we witnessed. I've never heard of Jones but I hope he was one of those players the Eagles wanted to put on the practice squad. I hope he can get up to speed quickly, even for depth.
                      Oh was it not Greg Jones?

Jones who? lol
                      "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

he just couldnt pass block. and unfortunately for him, that aint cutting it here

Comment

Originally posted by Mod_C View Post
                          Go erase the Greg Jones thread before I start a rumor. Read the tweet wrong

Comment

With booth and Petrus in last year we looked much better running then with Bass, but this pre-season he really stunk it up. As Jacobs said "I don't feel bad for you"
                            Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

This guy is a classic under performer, he was carried last year by his line mates, no pass blocking skills, needs to be a 3rd backup on a run only scheme.
                              "Thumper! What did your father tell you?"

Thumper (looking rather forlorn): "If you can't say somethin' nice..." (sigh) "...don't say nothin' at all

Comment

Working...
                              X