11.LONDON FLETCHER
    10.VICTOR CRUZ
    9.JASON BABIN
    8.JUSTIN TUCK
    7.TONY ROMO
    6.HAKEEM NICKS
    5.JPP
    4.TRENT COLE
    3. LASHAUNA MCCOY I agree for the most part but Trent Cole ahead of JPP? I think the last 3 are 2. Ware 1. Eli, a lot of Dallas fans are saying Ware should be ahead of Eli but last I remember Eli has two SBs.
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 09-02-2012, 02:23 PM.
    sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Babin over Osi LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Vick over Witten LOOOOOOOOOOOL

What an awful ranking......
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post

Cole over JPP is the lists biggest mistake....Besides this guy I don't think there's another person in the world who would take cole over JPP

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post

Well you know how they are My only guess as to Vick being ahead of Witten is that he plays the quarterback position and Babin really wasn't that bad especially last year if Osi played a full season he would be ahead of him Osi also doesn't start.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
          20.AHMAD BRADSHAW
          19.EVAN MATHIS
          18.OSI UMENYIORA
          17.DESEAN JACKSON
          16.DEZ BRYANT
          15.JASON WITTEN
          14.BRIAN ORAKPO
          13.TRYON SMITH
          12.MICHAEL VICK
          11.LONDON FLETCHER
          10.VICTOR CRUZ
          9.JASON BABIN
          8.JUSTIN TUCK
          7.TONY ROMO
          6.HAKEEM NICKS
          5.JPP
          4.TRENT COLE
          I agree for the most part but Trent Cole ahead of JPP? I think the last 3 are 3. Mccoy 2. Ware 1. Eli, a lot of Dallas fans are saying Ware should be ahead of Eli but last I remember Eli has two SBs.
          I could see number 1 going either way (Ware or Eli).

Defensive players aren't going to be judged on their teams' success like a QB is.

Therefore I can see Eli being placed above Ware just because of the importance of a QB vs an weak side OLB.

But if we're talking about in terms of talent? I think it's Ware. Number 94 is easily the best in the league at his position (maybe the best defensive player, period-- close between he and Revis if you ask me) while Eli is still behind the likes of Brady, Rodgers, Brees in public perception.

Basically Ware is a better OLB than Eli is a QB, but QB is the more important position.

Comment

Originally posted by juice33s View Post
            Cole over JPP is the lists biggest mistake....Besides this guy I don't think there's another person in the world who would take cole over JPP
            not that i'm a espn fan, but if you read the explanation and reasoning behind that ranking it makes since, besides JPP came out of nowhere with 16.5 sacks last yr in his second yr i might add. We all know JPP is an athletic beast but lets see a lil bit more longevity and consistency. Now lets see what JPP does after everyone has a season full of tape on him. Believe you me i love me some JPP, but you can't crown a guy off of one season now can we?

Comment

Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
              I could see number 1 going either way (Ware or Eli).

Defensive players aren't going to be judged on their teams' success like a QB is.

Therefore I can see Eli being placed above Ware just because of the importance of a QB vs an weak side OLB.

But if we're talking about in terms of talent? I think it's Ware. Number 94 is easily the best in the league at his position (maybe the best defensive player, period-- close between he and Revis if you ask me) while Eli is still behind the likes of Brady, Rodgers, Brees in public perception.

Basically Ware is a better OLB than Eli is a QB, but QB is the more important position.
              Well you can't really blame Eli in that regard as to being the best at his position I mean his team won the SB last year sure he didn't put up stats inthe likes of brees and company but they also have redzone threats Eli hasn't had that since Plax so In my eyes Eli is better then Ware I don't even think Ware is better then Jpp but no way do you put Ware ahead of Eli when Eli has a bigger impact on the game more then Ware doeswhy do you think Romo is 7th cause when the game is on the line he screws it up at least 2 times a season
              Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 09-01-2012, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod-Diggity View Post
                not that i'm a espn fan, but if you read the explanation and reasoning behind that ranking it makes since, besides JPP came out of nowhere with 16.5 sacks last yr in his second yr i might add. We all know JPP is an athletic beast but lets see a lil bit more longevity and consistency. Now lets see what JPP does after everyone has a season full of tape on him. Believe you me i love me some JPP, but you can't crown a guy off of one season now can we?
                I think you can when he single handily won a game for us last year I don't think you say that Cole has ever done that.

Comment

Well you can't really blame Eli in that regard as to being the best at his position I mean his team won the SB last year sure he didn't put up stats inthe likes of brees and company but they also have redzone threats Eli hasn't had that since Plax so In my eyes Eli is better then Ware I don't even think Ware is better then Jpp BUT NO WAY DO YOU PUT wARE AHEAD OF eLI WHEN eLI HAS A BIGGER IMPACT ON THE GAME THEN wARE DOES WHY DO YOU THINK rOMO IS 7TH cause when the game is on theline he screws it up at least 2 times a season
                  I'm not blaming Eli for anything. He's a damn good QB. I just don't think he's as good as some of the other guys in the league. And most people around here didn't either this time last year when he made the statement "I think I'm elite" (or whatever it was). However, one season, no matter how outstanding, doesn't change a QBs standing, nor does it excuse years of mediocrity.

Overall we're in agreement that Eli has a bigger impact on the game than Ware does, but that doesn't necessarily make him better. It just comes with the position. Mark Sanchez has a bigger impact on any given game than Ware does as well.

It's just how you (or in this case, ESPN) defines 'Top Player'

Comment

I think you can when he single handily won a game for us last year I don't think you say that Cole has ever done that.
                    Have you watched all the games Cole has played?

Comment

To speak on behalf of JPP.

1) a first rounder doesnt comes out of nowhere.
                      2) The guy had 16.5 sacks - a total that neither osi nor tuck nor cole has even whiffed - closes i think is about 12.5
                      3) 86 TACKLES - HELLOO 86 tackles - this is a number that not only cole tuck or osi hasnt come close to (high is 59) the HOF Michael Strahan never even came close too - he had 60+. 86 tackles - remarkable for an end.
                      4) The guy had one of the biggest block FG's in giants histroy - without it they dont get to the playoffs and no ring.
                      5) Remember osi missed a good portion of the year and tuck was not himself due to injuries - JPP saw doubles for at least half the season - it almost never mattered - the kid will be the best end in the league for years to come barring injury. THIS ISNT HYPE - the stats dont lie.

Comment

I'm not blaming Eli for anything. He's a damn good QB. I just don't think he's as good as some of the other guys in the league. And most people around here didn't either this time last year when he made the statement "I think I'm elite" (or whatever it was). However, one season, no matter how outstanding, doesn't change a QBs standing, nor does it excuse years of mediocrity.

Overall we're in agreement that Eli has a bigger impact on the game than Ware does, but that doesn't necessarily make him better. It just comes with the position. Mark Sanchez has a bigger impact on any given game than Ware does as well.

It's just how you (or in this case, ESPN) defines 'Top Player'
                        See this is what erks me no your fault but Rogers is put on this pedestal cause he had one outstanding season when you gotta to take everything into account like the Giants run the ball more then the Packers do at the goal line and do you think Eli has a legit redzone threat? Plus most of the top QB play in a dink and dunk offense while the Giants are a run first play action pass down the field team I could go on and on.

Comment

Have you watched all the games Cole has played?
                          Yes I have and you probably talking about sacks which JPP does too but I mean JPP single handily won a game by blocking a FG against your team did you watch that? Has Cole every did that?

Comment

Originally posted by dave56dj View Post
                            To speak on behalf of JPP.

1) a first rounder doesnt comes out of nowhere.
                            2) The guy had 16.5 sacks - a total that neither osi nor tuck nor cole has even whiffed - closes i think is about 12.5
                            3) 86 TACKLES - HELLOO 86 tackles - this is a number that not only cole tuck or osi hasnt come close to (high is 59) the HOF Michael Strahan never even came close too - he had 60+. 86 tackles - remarkable for an end.
                            4) The guy had one of the biggest block FG's in giants histroy - without it they dont get to the playoffs and no ring.
                            5) Remember osi missed a good portion of the year and tuck was not himself due to injuries - JPP saw doubles for at least half the season - it almost never mattered - the kid will be the best end in the league for years to come barring injury. THIS ISNT HYPE - the stats dont lie.
                            This is what I'm saying 86 tackles by a DE is insane when I get done watching Giants games I'm like Damn JPP is a beast can't say the same for Cole.

Comment

20.AHMAD BRADSHAW
                              19.EVAN MATHIS
                              18.OSI UMENYIORA
                              17.DESEAN JACKSON
                              16.DEZ BRYANT
                              15.JASON WITTEN
                              14.BRIAN ORAKPO
                              13.TRYON SMITH
                              12.MICHAEL VICK
                              11.LONDON FLETCHER
                              10.VICTOR CRUZ
                              9.JASON BABIN
                              8.JUSTIN TUCK
                              7.TONY ROMO
                              6.HAKEEM NICKS
                              5.JPP
                              4.TRENT COLE
                              I agree for the most part but Trent Cole ahead of JPP? I think the last 3 are 3. Mccoy 2. Ware 1. Eli, a lot of Dallas fans are saying Ware should be ahead of Eli but last I remember Eli has two SBs.

DAMN what about ROMO over TUCK..

Comment

Working...
                              X