Garrett says Bennett is only "Complimentary"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garrett says Bennett is only "Complimentary"

Wow does this guy have a stick up his ** or what? I guess time will tell but from what I've seen it looks like Bennett is more than a capable #1 TE in this league. With Witten hurt and no one to fill his place I think Garrett is just displaying his envy towards the GMEN.

Originally posted by Jason Garrett
    "Martellus is complementary; I think we...Read More
    http://www.giants101.com/2012/09/02/...entary-player/

Also in the news,

BSPN's Stephen a. Smith, Skip Bayless Unload on New York Giants TE Martellus Bennett

http://www.giants101.com/2012/09/04/...tellus-bennett
    Last edited by CowboysSuck; 09-04-2012, 02:48 PM.

Just more fuel for the Black Unicorn fire

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

thats right.

Have you watched this guys locker room interviews? Hes possibly the happiest or most excited person ive ever seen.

Comment

wasnt garret the one pushing to draft MB along with JJ? So complimentary TE's are 2nd rd picks now? I call BS on Garrett. He'll say anything to feel hopeful MB wont woop Dallas week 1

Comment

Sour grapes are better eaten with oysters. In fairness, Carrot Top did complement the unicorn,

Comment

He complimented him....slightly....

Calling any starter in the league (especially a young one who hasnt had a chance to shine yet) Complimentary is one of the nicest ways you can say "they suck" without actually saying it. Garrett is full of cheese

Comment

Good motivation. You dont want to make the Black Unicorn mad, you wont like him when he is mad.
              sigpic

Comment

Bennett looked downright giddy when talking to reporters about playing the Cowboys. IM sure he know's a thing or 2 about that D and cant wait to show what he can do. If Eli & KG can turn Ballard into a threat they can turn MB into a pro bowler.

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                  Wow does this guy have a stick up his ** or what? I guess time will tell but from what I've seen it looks like Bennett is more than a capable #1 TE in this league. With Witten hurt and no one to fill his place I think Garrett is just displaying his envy towards the GMEN.

http://www.giants101.com/2012/09/02/...entary-player/
                  Garrett proves with these comments that Princeton has a lower academic admissions standard for its football players. I'd love to hear more from this "brilliant" young coach between now and Wednesday.
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Why would Garrett be so careless to throw out that backhanded compliment? MB will be highly motivated to play his best game ever. Garrett should know better. Let's all hope MB scores the winning TD, to complement the ones scored earlier by Cruz, Nicks, and AB. Giants 34, Dallas 27.
                    Actually, my prediction is 34-17... so, it's not the winning TD... but, it'll be sweet nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                      Why would Garrett be so careless to throw out that backhanded compliment? MB will be highly motivated to play his best game ever. Garrett should know better. Let's all hope MB scores the winning TD, to complement the ones scored earlier by Cruz, Nicks, and AB. Giants 34, Dallas 27.
                      Actually, my prediction is 34-17... so, it's not the winning TD... but, it'll be sweet nonetheless.
                      Visualize this, the Giants are up by 2 TD's late in the game. Bennett already has one score under his belt when Eli pitches a perfect seam pass to him for yet another TD. The crowd chants..................Jason Garrett clap, clap, clap clap clap!
                      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                        Visualize this, the Giants are up by 2 TD's late in the game. Bennett already has one score under his belt when Eli pitches a perfect seam pass to him for yet another TD. The crowd chants..................Jason Garrett clap, clap, clap clap clap!
                        That would make my day...no my month rather, would love to see that.

(camera pans to Jerry Jones)

Comment

But honestly ill give Garrett props, I cant think of a nicer way to say on of your ex-players is garbage/sucks than to call them "complimentary". Brilliant

Comment

in RF's news links, theres an interview with bennett. the way he explains his issues in dallas makes sense. how would any of us feel knowing that no matter how hard we worked, or what our skill level was, we would never be given the chance the person in front of u gets...and despite that, he still worked his butt off to become the best blocker he could. there wasnt any balls to go around really after 150 witten targets...

i dont know how JG, who was first row to that, could say "complimentary" when HE was the one who pushed to draft him in the 2nd. MB is gonna be even better than Dallas had hoped he would for them...its just he'll be on our team

Comment

Wow I guess he was a complimentary player in Dallas but Jason Garrett just sound bitter that we are giving him praise with Witten and Romo not there to hold him back the black unicorn will be in seek and destroy mode. Dallas fans will be sorry they let him go, I think he has the potential to be better then Witten. To me Dallas never gave him a chance, remember Bennet is not the only one that said he wasn't able to show his full abilities T.O. said it too about Romo playing favorites. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Bennet will be a top 5 TE this year.
                              sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                              X