Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Locklear will be the starting left tackle against Dallas instead of Beatty..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locklear will be the starting left tackle against Dallas instead of Beatty..

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo Sean Locklear will be Giants' starting left tackle against Dallas Cowboys in season opener: Takes place instead ...

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/09/sean_locklear_will_be_giants_s.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=%23nyg

Locklear will be protect Eli Manning’s blind side on Wednesday night instead of projected starter Will Beatty,

according to someone informed of the team’s plans for this week’s game.

The person, who requested anonymity because personnel decisions aren’t supposed to be discussed publicly, said

Beatty is expected to dress but will serve as a backup and perhaps a tight end in certain formations, as the team

attempts to advance his recovery from a nagging back issue.

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

...well, here we go

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
      ...well, here we go
      In limited time, he has looked as good or better than Beatty. couple that with the fact that Beatty is out of shape now and still nursing a bad back and you've got a pretty easy call for the coaches.
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Wish the cowboys didnt know until wednesday night at 8:15. Thanks, person who requested anonymity...

Comment

Locklear played 8 seasons with the Seahawks then played last for the Skins. Anyone know if he started for Washington last year? Wondering if he played against dallas last season. I guess it would have been at RT if he did.

Comment

I don't think Beatty or Locklear changes their defensive gameplan at all/

Comment

Originally posted by G4L View Post
              Locklear played 8 seasons with the Seahawks then played last for the Skins. Anyone know if he started for Washington last year? Wondering if he played against dallas last season. I guess it would have been at RT if he did.
              He started 4 games last season. He looked pretty bad. Hopefully this year is better.

Comment

Originally posted by G4L View Post
                started 4 games last season at RT. dunno if it was vs Dallas. He has experience at LT tho still. Also, he is an upgrade from DD so its alright for a week. Week 2 we will have Prince and Beatty back starting, with Austin contributing as depth. Hoseley will go at least Wed. and apparently Boley will too. And Beatty will still get some work in vs Dallas, prob be brought in to help block Ware

Comment

He looks better to me. good stuff

Comment

I have no problem with this. No need to rush Beatty back and risk further injury, there's a whole season to be played

Our second game is 14 days from now. Beatty should be just fine to be a full go by then, as should Prince and Austin
                    Last edited by GiantFanatic55; 09-02-2012, 11:17 PM.

Comment

He is a massive massive improvement over Diehl.

Unfortunately, Diehl is also starting

Comment

Why would anyone be surprised? When was the last time Beatty played or practiced. They say he is making progress. I never heard he is read to go full. Even if he said he was good to go you would have to worry about his conditioning.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                          I don't think Beatty or Locklear changes their defensive gameplan at all/
                          It would seem that way, but I wonder if Beatty were playing LT, would Locklear or Diehl be playing RT? Now THAT might change how Dallas tries to get to Eli.

Comment

Locklear's gonna LOCK them up!

Too corny?
                            "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by RagTime Blue View Post
                              It would seem that way, but I wonder if Beatty were playing LT, would Locklear or Diehl be playing RT? Now THAT might change how Dallas tries to get to Eli.
                              I'm getting the idea that since Locklear has been getting the starting LT reps for most of the preseason, he's best to start week 1 in that position. If Beatty is healthy, however, he will see some snaps in that position as well. We may even try some 6 OL formations. If Beatty and/or Locklear can even partially neutralize Demarcus Ware, the Dallas defense suddenly becomes a lot less scary.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X