Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keith Rivers???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Keith Rivers???

    I don't know much about Keith River other than he did not live up to expectations with the Bengals. My question is can this guy play all three linebacker position??? My gut feeling is telling me Rivers might be the best giants linebacker base on what I've seen in the preseason, but it was preseason. I believe Boley, Blackburn and Kiwanuka have earn the right to start base on last season performance, however I hate the idea that Rivers might be better than all three and will not get enough play time to prove it. I'm a believer in the best talent should get the most play time. I also hope David Wilson will be the Giants starting running back soon. Anyway, what do you guys think about Rivers being the starter. Maybe it's better to just let him earning the right to be a starter just like all giants rookies. I know the D-Line will be good, the secondary is ok, I just don't know how good the starting linebackers are, especially with Boley not being 100%.

  • #2
    Honestly man he was a beast in college a beast with the bengals up untill that fluke injury whne Hines Ward broke his jaw from the block. When the Giants traded for him I was happy as can be and what you have seen from him in pre season is exactly how he played when he was with the Bengals. He could easily have been a probowl linebacker but his injuries took that away, If he can start on this team and not get injured again we can easily have got one of the best trades of 2012.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by I Bleed Blue 56 View Post
      Honestly man he was a beast in college a beast with the bengals up untill that fluke injury whne Hines Ward broke his jaw from the block. When the Giants traded for him I was happy as can be and what you have seen from him in pre season is exactly how he played when he was with the Bengals. He could easily have been a probowl linebacker but his injuries took that away, If he can start on this team and not get injured again we can easily have got one of the best trades of 2012.
      Interesting. I do hope he get enough play time to show what he can do.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by NYKiller View Post
        I don't know much about Keith River other than he did not live up to expectations with the Bengals. My question is can this guy play all three linebacker position??? My gut feeling is telling me Rivers might be the best giants linebacker base on what I've seen in the preseason, but it was preseason. I believe Boley, Blackburn and Kiwanuka have earn the right to start base on last season performance, however I hate the idea that Rivers might be better than all three and will not get enough play time to prove it. I'm a believer in the best talent should get the most play time. I also hope David Wilson will be the Giants starting running back soon. Anyway, what do you guys think about Rivers being the starter. Maybe it's better to just let him earning the right to be a starter just like all giants rookies. I know the D-Line will be good, the secondary is ok, I just don't know how good the starting linebackers are, especially with Boley not being 100%.
        I completly agree with u and have been talkin about this guy since we got him, after seeing him play he deserves to be on the field, everybody talks about Boley but when it comes down to it we didn't miss him at all this past month because Rivers has out played every other LB on this team. I don't Disllike Boley but People think Boley is so good but in reality its because our other LBs have been so bad haha. Its finally good to have a backer like Rivers if he can stay healthy and when it comes down to it I think they are gonna move Kiwi back to End next year when osi is gone. And make Rivers our strong side. But I do agree with u about him being on the field this year

        Comment


        • #5
          I like to give him the upside of 9th overall in the 2008 NFL draft

          Comment


          • #6
            i cant believe jr got him for a 5th...this guy has serious talent. gonna be a beast here

            Comment


            • #7
              I think Rivers was given a new lease on life when he came to the Giants and is playing like the 9th overall pick he was selected to be. I personally think that his ability can not be ignored and he will make it onto the field. Given a little more time in the offense I think he can be dominant.

              Comment


              • #8
                WISH RIVERS BOLEY AND KIWI could all play together no knock on blackburn just think there faster and just more gifted

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by derekunion28 View Post
                  WISH RIVERS BOLEY AND KIWI could all play together no knock on blackburn just think there faster and just more gifted
                  I think this situation gives Fewell flexibility for situational substitution that allow everyone to stay really fresh. We could have MUCH worse problems at LB.
                  No one remembers who came in second.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by derekunion28 View Post
                    WISH RIVERS BOLEY AND KIWI could all play together no knock on blackburn just think there faster and just more gifted
                    i bet we see them on the field together some this season

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Parcells once said 90% of playing QB is between the ears

                      That's true of the Defensive QB also......Blackburn is the centerpiece of our defense, and pure footspeed is way down the list of a good MLBer

                      He hits hard and is always in position, and gets the others lined up right also

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by derekunion28 View Post
                        WISH RIVERS BOLEY AND KIWI could all play together no knock on blackburn just think there faster and just more gifted
                        I could see Kiwanuka playing MLB, hes definitely big enough, fast enough etc..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hey guys, thanks for the info about Rivers but no one answered my question.

                          Does anyone know if Rivers can play all three LB position?
                          And did we only get him for him for depth, or also a chance to compete for a starting spot?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NYKiller View Post
                            Hey guys, thanks for the info about Rivers but no one answered my question.

                            Does anyone know if Rivers can play all three LB position?
                            And did we only get him for him for depth, or also a chance to compete for a starting spot?
                            http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4728/keith-rivers

                            The Giants currently view LB Keith Rivers as a versatile reserve capable of playing both weak-side and middle linebacker.
                            Rivers is currently working behind WLB Michael Boley, and DC Perry Fewell says "at some point in time, he'll play some Mike linebacker for us as we continue in our OTAs." It's possible Rivers could eventually push current first-team MLB Chase Blackburn. Boley and Mathias Kiwanuka are locked in as outside starters. May 31 - 11:08 AM

                            Source: New York Daily News

                            So, its pretty likely that at some point, probably later in the season, that we'll see Kiwi,Rivers,Boley starting

                            It's gonna be difficult to let our most athletic LB stay a backup
                            Last edited by GiantFanatic55; 09-03-2012, 06:11 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              And once Boley leaves after next season i could see the starting LB's being Herzlich, Rivers, Williams

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X