Eli audibles into those plays you hate many times

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli audibles into those plays you hate many times

Listening to Bob Papa on satellite radio, he and Carl banks had been discussing Gilbride and the playcalling. They said they KNOW for a fact Eli has the ability to over ride any KG play called in, and MANY times, Eli calls the audible into the draw play, some times to the wrong side. They said before fans throw KG under the bus, realize our QB over half the time changes the play at the line and many times it's Eli's love of the draw play that makes those plays happen. Hmmmm..... Your thoughts? I doubt a lot of information, but not Carl Banks and Bob Papa, I think they're solid sources of information.
    Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Re: Eli audibles into those plays you hate many times

Might be true, but in that formation you have very limited choices on how 2 run the ball, unless you change the formation.

Meaning its a shotgun called pass play, but if they audible to the run, the only option in that formation is that particular run play. Hence only 1 type of run, only real possible change is the side it will go 2.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

If you keep giving your kid the keys to the car, and he crashes it every time, who's to blame?

Comment

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]If you keep giving your kid the keys to the car, and he crashes it every time, who's to blame?[/quote]

George Bush?

Comment

[quote user="njersey"][quote user="RagTime Blue"]If you keep giving your kid the keys to the car, and he crashes it every time, who's to blame?[/quote]

George Bush?[/quote]

Hahaaaa!!!! Nice one.

Comment

[quote user="njersey"][quote user="RagTime Blue"]If you keep giving your kid the keys to the car, and he crashes it every time, who's to blame?[/quote]

George Bush?[/quote]

Obama, without a doubt
            Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

The draw play would have much better results if the blocking was there. The line is starting to play better. Ware scored the 2 point conversion on a draw.
              "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

[quote user="DragonSoul"]Might be true, but in that formation you have very limited choices on how 2 run the ball, unless you change the formation. Meaning its a shotgun called pass play, but if they audible to the run, the only option in that formation is that particular run play. Hence only 1 type of run, only real possible change is the side it will go 2.[/quote]

Not true, DS. You can run a sweep or pitch out of the shotgun, too.

Comment

Eli also audibles to plays that work very well, too. It's his job to read the defense and get the team into a play that has the best chance for success based upon his judgement of what the defense is going to do. Sometimes the team doesn't execute the plays well or the other team makes a play to stop it. The other team gets paid too.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it true that a draw play is the type of play that the RB picks the hole?

Comment

[quote user="BigBlueOnes"]Listening to Bob Papa on satellite radio, he and Carl banks had been discussing Gilbride and the playcalling. They said they KNOW for a fact Eli has the ability to over ride any KG play called in, and MANY times, Eli calls the audible into the draw play, some times to the wrong side. They said before fans throw KG under the bus, realize our QB over half the time changes the play at the line and many times it's Eli's love of the draw play that makes those plays happen. Hmmmm..... Your thoughts? I doubt a lot of information, but not Carl Banks and Bob Papa, I think they're solid sources of information.[/quote]

This is not a way to excuse Gilbride. People have tried this before but it is very simple to answer. Eli has plays he can audible to. He doesn't just make it up or invent them as he goes. The thing is as one of his audible options that shotgun draw play should be taken away as an audible option. If he wants to switch to a run then he should come out of the shotgun, line up behind center, shift the back in position to receive a handoff. You can still run a draw type run in that alignment. They actually ran the delayed draw several timesout of the non-shotgun setsthis past weekend with good successand that is basically all Dallas runs and has overall done well with it. Toss the shotgun draw play out the window as far as having it as an audible option.

Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

[quote user="Drez"]

[quote user="DragonSoul"]Might be true, but in that formation you have very limited choices on how 2 run the ball, unless you change the formation. Meaning its a shotgun called pass play, but if they audible to the run, the only option in that formation is that particular run play. Hence only 1 type of run, only real possible change is the side it will go 2.[/quote]

Not true, DS. You can run a sweep or pitch out of the shotgun, too.

[/quote]

Which have even less likelyhood of being successful by the way.
                        My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="BigBlueOnes"]Listening to Bob Papa on satellite radio, he and Carl banks had been discussing Gilbride and the playcalling. They said they KNOW for a fact Eli has the ability to over ride any KG play called in, and MANY times, Eli calls the audible into the draw play, some times to the wrong side. They said before fans throw KG under the bus, realize our QB over half the time changes the play at the line and many times it's Eli's love of the draw play that makes those plays happen. Hmmmm..... Your thoughts? I doubt a lot of information, but not Carl Banks and Bob Papa, I think they're solid sources of information.[/quote]

This is not a way to excuse Gilbride. People have tried this before but it is very simple to answer. Eli has plays he can audible to. He doesn't just make it up or invent them as he goes. The thing is as one of his audible options that shotgun draw play should be taken away as an audible option. If he wants to switch to a run then he should come out of the shotgun, line up behind center, shift the back in position to receive a handoff. You can still run a draw type run in that alignment. They actually ran the delayed draw several timesout of the non-shotgun setsthis past weekend with good successand that is basically all Dallas runs and has overall done well with it. Toss the shotgun draw play out the window as far as having it as an audible option.

[/quote]

Completely agree. Yes Eli has the option to check to certain audibles based on pre-snap reads but those audibles are predetermined audibles dictated by the OC......it's not Eli calling a completely different play......so the blame isn't completely on Eli for failed audibles......it's what he's limited to as an option put in place by Gilbride......

Comment

[quote user="BlueJayC"][quote user="repeatchamps"]

[/quote]

Completely agree. Yes Eli has the option to check to certain audibles based on pre-snap reads but those audibles are predetermined audibles dictated by the OC......it's not Eli calling a completely different play......so the blame isn't completely on Eli for failed audibles......it's what he's limited to as an option put in place by Gilbride......

[/quote]

Bingo. Exactly right.

Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

I have been talking about this for years. People always blame Gilbride when the truth is it doesn't rest on his shoulders alone.

Not only does Eli have the ability to audible, at times he is given several different plays to choose from.

Love it or hate it our play selection is on both Eli and Gilbride and it has been for some time.

Comment

Working...
                              X