Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants restructure Snee's contract

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Giants restructured the contract of Pro Bowl guard Chris Snee, freeing up about $3 million.

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina
    Snee was due a base salary of $5.7M this year, per NFLPA records. The $3M reported savings drops him down to a base of $2.7M and gets the Giants under the salary cap before the Wednesday deadline.

GiantsWFAN ‏@giantswfan
    snee's redone deal might have been to free up move for a veteran FA...OLine or RB, perhaps?

....Love it!
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Originally posted by GiantFanatic55 View Post
      Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
      Giants restructured the contract of Pro Bowl guard Chris Snee, freeing up about $3 million.

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina
      Snee was due a base salary of $5.7M this year, per NFLPA records. The $3M reported savings drops him down to a base of $2.7M and gets the Giants under the salary cap before the Wednesday deadline.

GiantsWFAN ‏@giantswfan
      snee's redone deal might have been to free up move for a veteran FA...OLine or RB, perhaps?
      His father-in-law will support him!
      I miss Red Hook

Comment

Definitely wouldnt be for a veteran RB...

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
          Definitely wouldnt be for a veteran RB...
          yea wth?? maybe he meant cb? we could use one of those lol

Comment

All these restructures are going to hurt us in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
              I am sure Reese and the front office have done their homework and know more than we do....it will be fine
              "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                I am sure Reese and the front office have done their homework and know more than we do....it will be fine
                agreed I'm sure Reese has a plan and knows how he's gunna make up for it in the future.

Comment

Restructured contracts happen all the time everywhere in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by G.I. Ants View Post
                    Restructured contracts happen all the time everywhere in the league.
                    All I know is that snee rolle Webster Eli are all getting a bump in their pay the next few years and we have a bunch of top players needing contracts

Comment

Originally posted by JSpin View Post
                      yea wth?? maybe he meant cb? we could use one of those lol
                      RB makes sense. We literally have no game experience behind Bradshaw.
                      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

I'm going with O-line...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

they restructured it so they could get under the cap.

Comment

You are absolutey right. Reese is already planning to lose either Nicks, Cruz, JPP, Osi, or even Phillips very soon...we will be tight against the cap next year as well.
                            " In Reese to Sign a Bust"

Comment

Originally posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
                              You are absolutey right. Reese is already planning to lose either Nicks, Cruz, JPP, Osi, or even Phillips very soon...we will be tight against the cap next year as well.
                              GM's could simply throw out contracts with guaranteed signing bonus money that is off the books, in Snee, Manning, etc. case. They don't do this because of injury, incentive to play, so on and so forth.

Every GM in the league would love to be able to have the confidence to pay his players in guaranteed signing bonuses.

Comment

Working...
                              X