Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We blew it on the one team in our division we have a hope of matching up against?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We blew it on the one team in our division we have a hope of matching up against?

    Calling it now, 1-5 division record. We couldn't beat Philly with freaking VY under center. We couldn't beat Washington with Rex Grossman. With a healthy Vick and RG3 around how are we supposed to win any division games? And 1-5 is generous, since we DO have a chance when we face Dallas again. Dallas is our only good division matchup, and now the best we'll be able to do is 1-1...

    Hopefully we'll do better outside the division to get a 9-7 or 10-6 wildcard spot... then the fun will start. Not counting the Giants out by any means, but we will need to be absolute ballers outside the division to pull this off.

    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

  • #2
    we beat philly last year the redskins was a fluke and we always beat Dallas in Dallas Giants will remember how bad this one hurts
    sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

    Comment


    • #3
      Ha! Have you seen our out of division match ups!

      Packers - want revenge
      Saints - always wreck our aweful D
      49ers - want revenge
      Falcons - want revenge
      Panthers - always play us tough
      Bucaneers - winnable
      Steelers
      Ravens
      Bengals - How is this D going to stop AJ Green?
      Browns - winnable

      We could easily go 4-12 this year.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
        Calling it now, 1-5 division record. We couldn't beat Philly with freaking VY under center. We couldn't beat Washington with Rex Grossman. With a healthy Vick and RG3 around how are we supposed to win any division games? And 1-5 is generous, since we DO have a chance when we face Dallas again. Dallas is our only good division matchup, and now the best we'll be able to do is 1-1...

        Hopefully we'll do better outside the division to get a 9-7 or 10-6 wildcard spot... then the fun will start. Not counting the Giants out by any means, but we will need to be absolute ballers outside the division to pull this off.
        But wouldn't it be awesome if, god forbid we lose all 6 division games but then get a wildcard spot and repeat as superbowl champs....that would be Hilarious!!!

        side note: I prefer we kick all their asses!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
          Ha! Have you seen our out of division match ups!

          Packers - want revenge
          Saints - always wreck our aweful D
          49ers - want revenge
          Falcons - want revenge
          Panthers - always play us tough
          Bucaneers - winnable
          Steelers
          Ravens
          Bengals - How is this D going to stop AJ Green?
          Browns - winnable

          We could easily go 4-12 this year.
          Packers - we match up well
          Saints - we have them at home (first time since Brees took over iirc)
          49ers - Alex Smith doesn't have what it takes to take advantage of our weak secondary, plus Eli is made of adamantium
          Falcons - match up well
          Bucs - winnable. They have DJ Ware at RB now lol
          Steelers - we match up well and they're getting old.
          Bengals - who is AJ Green?
          Browns - 'nuff said

          Only ones I can't see us winning at this point are the ravens and panthers. Everyone else we can beat if we execute well. Which, as we saw tonight, doesn't happen 100% of the time. Just as easily, we could drop against the pack, saints, and 49ers too.

          So, 1-5 in the divison if we pull out **** together against Dallas (0-6 otherwise), anywhere from 8-2 to 5-5 outside. 9-7 is our best hope now... hardly inspiring, but then again, we went 9-7 last season and look how that turned out. Definitely not out of hope for this team, but unless we pull off a freaking miracle on Ryan Kerrigan (who just seems to destroy us when we play washington), this is going to suck...

          I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

          Comment


          • #6
            They all want Revenge...................because we are the SB Champs................so now we have to play twice as HARD !

            Comment


            • #7
              We need to Sweep atleast 1 of the teams in our division

              Comment


              • #8
                You SERIOUSLY think the Redskins will be us TWICE?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by btbrennan View Post
                  You SERIOUSLY think the Redskins will be us TWICE?
                  Umm... it happened last year. Ryan Kerrigan didn't let anything happen... And now they'll have an offense to speak of.

                  I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    LOL

                    I was a little hesitant to come on the boards, but I'm glad to see we're all taking this loss in stride!

                    I'm gonna leave again, but before I go, I just want to remind everyone how terrible the team looked against the redskins in week 1 last season

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Axels17 View Post
                      LOL

                      I was a little hesitant to come on the boards, but I'm glad to see we're all taking this loss in stride!

                      I'm gonna leave again, but before I go, I just want to remind everyone how terrible the team looked against the redskins in week 1 last season
                      It looked even more terrible in week 15...

                      I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                        Umm... it happened last year. Ryan Kerrigan didn't let anything happen... And now they'll have an offense to speak of.
                        I honestly don't see that happening again. I just don't. Especially after tonight, I think the team will realize what games NEED to be won especially with the out of division schedule we have.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X