What can we do about the secondary?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can we do about the secondary?

Is there anything we can do about the secondary at this point? I guess wait for Prince and Coe to get back healthy?
    Mood: WOOF!

The only thing that we can do to help this secondary right now, is to get pressure on the QB.

Comment

Prince has 10 days to get ready for Tampa and even if he does come back...there's a good chance he won't be 100%. He wasn't exactly lighting it up in preseason so I really don't know what to expect from him performance wise. But still, hopefully this time off helps some guys heal up cause it's only week one and the secondary is already decimated.

If I'm the Giants I lean towards Hosley if Prince can't go...I don't even care if he's a rookie. He definitely has more skill than Tryon. Tryon got exposed by Tebow of all people in preseason...what were they expecting against Tony Romo. He's basically useless in coverage.
      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
        Is there anything we can do about the secondary at this point? I guess wait for Prince and Coe to get back healthy?
        If Amukamara isn't ready to step up, and Coe is going to be out for any period of time, they may have to look outside the organization.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Tuck and Osi need to step up so the Giants can get pressure on the QB with 4 guys.

Comment

perry needs to be more creative of appling pressure
            sigpic
            FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Get healthier for this season is pretty much it. We're not going to find any saviors out there in free agency and the Giants don't come across as the team to trade a high draft pick for a quality CB.

Looking forward to getting another CB in the 2013 Draft.

Comment

Wait for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  Wait for them to get healthy? Wait for our terrible third string CB to get healthy, so he can hold the fort until our even worse second CB gets healthy? That's a plan. Coe was beat all night and Prince looked worse in the preseason.

Comment

I think this is something that should have been taken care of when Thomas went down. I know there is no one to know that Prince would go down, but in this division u need good CB's. At this point there isnt anybody we could bring in that would make a difference.

People talking about the pass rush stepping up make no sense to me. If WRs are catching slant routes and taking it 10-15 yrd down field. How can a pass rush get there in time?

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                      perry needs to be more creative of appling pressure
                      I don't think blitzing would have helped the Giants. Romo was pretty much dictating the Giants coverage and changing the calls all night at the line. Even when the Giants got pressure, Romo got the ball out quick and was hitting the quick slant all night. The Giants couldn't defend and they needed to drop more men underneath to help.

Blitzing would have made things worse...IMO.
                      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                        I don't think blitzing would have helped the Giants. Romo was pretty much dictating the Giants coverage and changing the calls all night at the line. Even when the Giants got pressure, Romo got the ball out quick and was hitting the quick slant all night. The Giants couldn't defend and they needed to drop more men underneath to help.

Blitzing would have made things worse...IMO.
                        Most of the big play Romo made where against the blitz. He changed the route to the quick slant when the Giants showed blitz. The only way to stop this was to get pressure with the front 4 and drop 8, but the front 4 couldn't get enough pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by giantfan1976 View Post
                          Wait for them to get healthy? Wait for our terrible third string CB to get healthy, so he can hold the fort until our even worse second CB gets healthy? That's a plan. Coe was beat all night and Prince looked worse in the preseason.
                          Oh ok, so since all of our corners suck, we might as well not have a secondary then >.>

Comment

all i know is if we dont fix the secondary there is no way we even go 8-8.... now the Tampa bay game doesnt even seem like a winnable game. Our star boy Cruz picked the worst night to suck. Where was Osi and Tuck?

Comment

I think a lot of people assumed that our front four would cover up the secondary, I know I did. They were getting torched last night though.

Comment

Working...
                              X