Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Note To Perry Fewell: TONY ROMO IS A MOBILE QB!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Note To Perry Fewell: TONY ROMO IS A MOBILE QB!

I'm only saying this because it looked like the Giants were seeing Romo for the first time and didn't know that he's a scrambler!
    HELLO GIANTS defense....have you ever played Tony Romo before last night?
    I usually yell scream and break my remote watching games like this, but the Giants have played the game they played last night TOO TOO TOO many times in the 40+ years I've been a fan, and it just leaves me numb now!
    You know......... it's amazing how, if you've followed a team long enough you can actually FEEL in your bones the outcome of games they are going to win or lose, just by what happens in a few plays here and there.
    I knew this game was lost when they had to settle for the FG......and I knew that the deal was sealed, and that they wouldn't get the ball back the moment they elected NOT to onside kick, and were going to rely on the secondary......which had been torched the entire game, to hold Romo to a 3 and out!
    Bad start to the season.....and deja vu all over again as the Giants reprise their Finlandia secondary!
    "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

anytime Romo went mobile he was escaping pressure.

the problem was the O line ...run and pass blocking

receivers dropping passes

and the horribly depleted CB position......now with Coe having a hammy they are down to Webster and the 5th CB in Tryon and a rookie

also sitting in the stadium last night I was disappointed by the lack of effort by JPP....he was taking plays off like it was his job

not a good looking game at all....but a mobile Romo was not the issue last night
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 09-06-2012, 10:29 AM.

Comment

note to you. Fewell knows a lot more about football than you do.
      sigpic

Comment

Note to the OP; Fewell isn't out on the field, blame our LBs/DEs for not knowing what outside contain means.

Comment

Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
          Note to the OP; Fewell isn't out on the field, blame our LBs/DEs for not knowing what outside contain means.
          where I do not believe Fewell was at all the problem....if they did not know to keep outside contain that would be a coaching issue

but that was not the issue

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
            I'm only saying this because it looked like the Giants were seeing Romo for the first time and didn't know that he's a scrambler!
            HELLO GIANTS defense....have you ever played Tony Romo before last night?
            I usually yell scream and break my remote watching games like this, but the Giants have played the game they played last night TOO TOO TOO many times in the 40+ years I've been a fan, and it just leaves me numb now!
            You know......... it's amazing how, if you've followed a team long enough you can actually FEEL in your bones the outcome of games they are going to win or lose, just by what happens in a few plays here and there.
            I knew this game was lost when they had to settle for the FG......and I knew that the deal was sealed, and that they wouldn't get the ball back the moment they elected NOT to onside kick, and were going to rely on the secondary......which had been torched the entire game, to hold Romo to a 3 and out!
            Bad start to the season.....and deja vu all over again as the Giants reprise their Finlandia secondary!

I just don't understand how you, and others, lay this at the feet of Perry Fewell.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

more like note to rivers smh whiffing on him like that

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                I just don't understand how you, and others, lay this at the feet of Perry Fewell.
                Because they always game plan against Michael Vick, focusing on keeping him contained, (with a lot of success i might add) but didn't do the same thing against Romo!
                We lay flowers at Fewells feet when he's had a successful game plan against a mobile QB like Vick, but it's only on the players when it goes the other way? Come on man!
                "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                  note to you. Fewell knows a lot more about football than you do.
                  he didn't show it last night

Comment

Because they always game plan against Michael Vick, focusing on keeping him contained, (with a lot of success i might add) but didn't do the same thing against Romo!
                    We lay flowers at Fewells feet when he's had a successful game plan against a mobile QB like Vick, but it's only on the players when it goes the other way? Come on man!
                    You have Fewell's game plan from last night?

Comment

designating a spy to Tony Romo as they do Vick would be foolish

Romo did very little damage with his feet last night......and when he did it was due to a pressure and a broken play

Comment

I really don't think it was coaching problems last night at all. I think it had to do more with execution. Our o-line couldn't do squat. We couldn't run block or protect Eli.

And furthermore, our secondary is metaphorically in a wheelchair right now.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                          anytime Romo went mobile he was escaping pressure.

the problem was the O line ...run and pass blocking

receivers dropping passes

and the horribly depleted CB position......now with Coe having a hammy they are down to Webster and the 5th CB in Tryon and a rookie

also sitting in the stadium last night I was disappointed by the lack of effort by JPP....he was taking plays off like it was his job

not a good looking game at all....but a mobile Romo was not the issue last night
                          If you believe that Romo being mobile wasn't the issue, then you were watching a different game than me dude! He completed all his big passing plays on the run. Saying his mobility wasn't an issue is as absurd as saying that the Cowboys scoring more points than us wasn't the issue.
                          I agree we had OL issues as well, but once again....I sound like a broken record, but we scored enough points to win, had the Defense kept Romo in the pocket and the secondary hadn't reverted back to it's evil twin!
                          "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

Comment

What similarities do you see between Michael Vick and Tony Romo.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

If you believe that Romo being mobile wasn't the issue, then you were watching a different game than me dude! He completed all his big passing plays on the run. Saying his mobility wasn't an issue is as absurd as saying that the Cowboys scoring more points than us wasn't the issue.

I agree we had OL issues as well, but once again....I sound like a broken record, but we scored enough points to win, had the Defense kept Romo in the pocket and the secondary hadn't reverted back to it's evil twin!
                              They scored 24 points and we scored 17 points and you think we scored enough points to win?

Comment

Working...
                              X