David Wilson problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Wilson problem

I just hope Tom didn't wreck this kids' confidence. Paul Westhead once said you can stop the bleeding, but you might kill the patient. another carry last night, even just one catch out of the backfield, would've been good for him. It's not like we were humming along on offense anyway. Tom knows waaaaay more about this than I do, so hopefully he gives him the Tiki fumble tutorial and all is well from here, because Wilson's ability can mask a lot of the O line issues just on sheer speed and athleticism. We're gonna need him

oh stop....
    wreck his confidence.??!!!
    if he is that fragile he will never ever make in the NFL......
    Last edited by GameTime; 09-06-2012, 02:18 PM.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

It looked like Wilson was harder on himself than Coughlin, the kid looked like he was about to have a breakdown on the sideline last night. He'll be fine, we'll see something from him against Tampa

Comment

It's not like he didn't touch the ball again. He had a kick return after at the very least, so there's the one touch you wanted. He's cured!!!

Comment

If his confidence is wrecked by being benched, then I'm glad he was benched...

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
            oh stop....
            wreck his confidence.??!!!m if he is that fragile he will never ever make in the NFL......
            This.

If he's that weak emotionally, he'll never survive prime time. While I would have liked to see him get some more carries and for the same reason, I'm wondering if his little melt down wasn't part of the reason he didn't get another shot. When Tiki fumbled everywhere, TC went right back to him time and again.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

The kids in the NFL, it's way past the time where the head coach is going to make decisions based on not hurting an individuals feelings. Our coaches are always going to do whats best for the team at any time in the game. They're not going to put someone in just to "build his confidence".

Seriously.

/Thread.

Comment

well. he looked pretty fragile while being consoled. that's why I posed the question

Comment

I don't necessarily think he's fragile it seems more like he's upset with himself and that he fumbled in his first NFL game. We shouldn't read into it to much, if he wasn't ready he wouldn't have been put back in to receive kick offs.

Comment

Originally posted by elitocruz View Post
                    well. he looked pretty fragile while being consoled. that's why I posed the question
                    thats my point....if he is that fragile then he's already done.....
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

The fact that he cried like a little boy is telling. It will be vary hard to trust him again. It's time to move him down the depth chart and get a man backing up Bradshaw.....not a boy.
                      Last edited by YATittle1962; 09-06-2012, 03:06 PM.

Comment

I just hope Tom didn't wreck this kids' confidence. Paul Westhead once said you can stop the bleeding, but you might kill the patient. another carry last night, even just one catch out of the backfield, would've been good for him. It's not like we were humming along on offense anyway. Tom knows waaaaay more about this than I do, so hopefully he gives him the Tiki fumble tutorial and all is well from here, because Wilson's ability can mask a lot of the O line issues just on sheer speed and athleticism. We're gonna need him
                        I agree that he should have gotten more touches after that fumble.That's how you develop trust in a player is by letting them redeem themselves right away after a mistake. IMO, you don't let them rot on the bench to dwell on it for the rest of the game. When I first got into the navy, my supervisor screamed at me and I was pretty down. I had messed up on a project. The very next day, he gave me the same job and I took care of business.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hooligans View Post
                          The fact that he cried like a little boy is telling. It will be vary hard to trust him again. It's time to move him down the depth chart and get a man backing up Bradshaw.....not a boy.
                          ahh....you are over reacting. The kid, IMO, will be fine. He had an emotional moment. Big deal. Its done and over with.
                          However.....if he really cant take this then he wont be around in the NFL for long.

Comment

He was put back in to return a kick, that would have provided whatever long term confidence boost Wilson may have needed. To flip this conversation onto its head, let's say TC decided to leave Wilson in, or had to leave him in and two plays later he lost the ball again? TC would once again be the old guy who needs to go.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              He was put back in to return a kick, that would have provided whatever long term confidence boost Wilson may have needed. To flip this conversation onto its head, let's say TC decided to leave Wilson in, or had to leave him in and two plays later he lost the ball again? TC would once again be the old guy who needs to go.
                              Based on his reaction to the first fumble, I think Wilson would have jumped off the GWB.
                              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Working...
                              X