Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know it was NOT the reason for the loss but...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know it was NOT the reason for the loss but...

The holding was the worst, by far, I have ever seen in over 35 years of watching a TON of football. Our D-line and recievers were SO frustrated you could see it by their reactions after plays. The Cowboys knew the refs were not going to call holding so they used it to gain a physical and mental advantage. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually encouraged it during halftime.

Chris Collinsworth is a d-bag for saying that the replacement refs did a good job. He actually said that he would not have called that mugging on Cruz. He really pisses me off. Sucking up to Goodell.

The refs are going to seriously impact the outcome of many games this weekend and will continue to do so for a while. The league needs to realize that they are impacting the quality of their product. This is REALLY bad!

agree 100%. when I heard that moron CC say they did a good job it didnt surprise me as he is an a$%.

Comment

Just watched the game again.... JPP was held 4 times by Tyron Smith that I could see. Kiwi was held on a critical play. Linval was held. Cruz was certainly interfered with in the end zone. There was an illegal shift that wasnt flagged.

Then, all of a sudden, the refs decided to start throwing flags in the 4th.

Really doesnt make any sense...

If those flags were thrown, the cowboys wouldve had over 100 yards in penalties and it wouldve totally changed the game.

SMH

Comment

I have never seen JPP being so upset for being held until last night. He was screaming at the refs. I'd say the refs did a horrible job.

Comment

Perhaps the refs got a nasty message from Goodell during the game and they needed to get their heads out of their you know what and earn their pay. Putrid!

Comment

The holding was awful!! Sometimes I wonder if these broadcast partners of the NFL are obligated to put a positive spin, either contractually or like an unspoken rule.

Comment

To be fair...Giants had a blatant pick play for a catch that was ignored, and I thought at the time it was because they figured the refs wouldn't call it and they were right. But you are right generally.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by speed3freak View Post
                Just watched the game again.... JPP was held 4 times by Tyron Smith that I could see. Kiwi was held on a critical play. Linval was held. Cruz was certainly interfered with in the end zone. There was an illegal shift that wasnt flagged.

Then, all of a sudden, the refs decided to start throwing flags in the 4th.

Really doesnt make any sense...

If those flags were thrown, the cowboys wouldve had over 100 yards in penalties and it wouldve totally changed the game.

SMH
                I may be crazy but for some reason it seems that holding calls rarely happen on passing plays (perhaps by league design?). If there is a running play, holding calls seem to be called much more often.

Comment

All these threads do is provide entertainment to Cowboy fans.
                  Personally...i wont give em the satisfaction.

Plus if the refs were being relaxed on holding calls...then some blame has to go to either the scouting department of the Giants for not recognizing that these refs are laxed at these types of calls or the coaching staff for not taking advantage of it...Just something to think about.
                  Last edited by thomsoad; 09-06-2012, 05:54 PM.
                  sigpic
                  BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by keyofgmen View Post
                    To be fair...Giants had a blatant pick play for a catch that was ignored, and I thought at the time it was because they figured the refs wouldn't call it and they were right. But you are right generally.
                    That pick play is legal

Comment

Originally posted by keyofgmen View Post
                      I was thinking the same thing on that call! That Nicks pick was so blatant i was shocked we didnt get flagged for it!
                      Frankly I was more surprised Chris Collinsworth didnt say anything about it either.
                      sigpic
                      BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thomsoad View Post
                        All these threads do is provide entertainment to Cowboy fans.
                        Personally...i wont give em the satisfaction.

Plus if the refs were being relaxed on holding calls...then some blame has to go to either the scouting department of the Giants for not recognizing that these refs are laxed at these types of calls or the coaching staff for not taking advantage of it...Just something to think about.
                        Our O-line is so bad, they can't even hold...............

Comment

it is legal to pick a defender off as long as you are not more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage.

Comment

Again, I'm not saying we lost the game because of the refs. I'm also not saying that they favored the Cowboys. I'm just saying that they were REALLY bad and that the no-calls absolutely had an impact on the game. I'm sure the Cowboy fans could say the same about some no-calls from their perspective. Our team identity is our ability to rush the passer and disrupt their O. Holding would certainly frustrate pass rushers and reduce their ability to do their job.

Good for the Cowboys, I guess, for recognizing that they were not going to call holding and taking advantage of it.

I'm a ref. You set the tone for a game based on what you call early in the contest and the players quickly assess what you are going to allow them to get away with. Even little kids figure this out quickly!! You would be amazed how an 8-year-old althlete can work the system!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                              The holding was the worst, by far, I have ever seen in over 35 years of watching a TON of football. Our D-line and recievers were SO frustrated you could see it by their reactions after plays. The Cowboys knew the refs were not going to call holding so they used it to gain a physical and mental advantage. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually encouraged it during halftime.

Chris Collinsworth is a d-bag for saying that the replacement refs did a good job. He actually said that he would not have called that mugging on Cruz. He really pisses me off. Sucking up to Goodell.

The refs are going to seriously impact the outcome of many games this weekend and will continue to do so for a while. The league needs to realize that they are impacting the quality of their product. This is REALLY bad!
                              JPP was held just about every play. No doubt about it. I thought their olinemen were trying to dance with him or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X