Spags To The Rescue?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spags To The Rescue?

I was wondering if anyone else on this board thinks that we should fire Fewell at the end of the season and bring back Spags to rebuild our defense?

Re: Spags To The Rescue?

We live in the past far too much.

Comment

[quote user="Giants-NJ"]I was wondering if anyone else on this board thinks that we should fire Fewell at the end of the season and bring back Spags to rebuild our defense?[/quote]He is employed with the Rams.

Comment

[quote user="Giants-NJ"]I was wondering if anyone else on this board thinks that we should fire Fewell at the end of the season and bring back Spags to rebuild our defense?[/quote]

Nothing would be better ! However what makes you think that Spags is goin g to get fired this year? If he does, don't you think that Lurie from the Eagles will try and grab him for the head coach's position if he fires Reid? Spags played for the Eagles for years and was Johnson's assistant and linebackers coach for several years. Seeing his old team in dire straits may convince him to go to the Eagles if he gets fired.

Comment

First and foremost, Spags probably will not get fired by the rams after this season, (would love if he did) secondly, if TC is here still.....so is Fewell and KG. TC is way to protective of his staff, take a look at our special teams coach and that fact is blatant. I would love to have Spags back but our personell (player wise) are also different so that might not be what we need to get back to our type of D.Too many differentials going on. Now if we could justsomehow get our 2007 D back and forward them onto this season without aging them I would do it, actually make that our 1986 D!!!
          "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Comment

I do not think Spags is a great head coach. However, he is pretty darn good as a defensive coordinator. I think the Rams will get rid of him after this season. Just my thoughts...

Comment

'08 rams 28th rank def.
              '09 rams 19th rank def
              '10 rams 19th rank def
              '11 rams 25th rank def (currently)

so whats to write home about ?
              due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
              my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

[quote user="stormblue"]'08 rams 28th rank def. '09 rams 19th rank def '10 rams 19th rank def '11 rams 25th rank def (currently) so whats to write home about ?[/quote]

Got to have the horses too.

Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

If the Giants make the Playoffs expect our worst nightmare, Spags in Philly.

Comment

TC
                    Gilbride
                    Spags

that would be ok !
                    Non Omnis Moriar

Comment

[quote user="barran21"]If the Giants make the Playoffs expect our worst nightmare, Spags in Philly.
                      [/quote]

I heard that in the morning. Joe and Evan said that is definitely where he will end up next season. I don't really care for what any type of analyst say but I really see this happening.

Comment

this is a very realistic possibility, probably way less than 50% it acutally happens but still very possible. If the giants miss the playoffs and spags does get fired (which i think he should, time to part ways. just a mess of a roster in saint louis.) then how can you not endorse the giants making a serious push for him?

Mark my words the eagles will not pursue spags as their next head coach even if reid gets canned. clearly spags greatest value to an orginazation would be as a D coord and not a head coach.

Comment

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="stormblue"]'08 rams 28th rank def. '09 rams 19th rank def '10 rams 19th rank def '11 rams 25th rank def (currently) so whats to write home about ?[/quote]

Got to have the horses too.

[/quote]

egg-zzzackly !!

ditto for perry fewell

our secondary is full of 1st and 2nd round wasted draft picks and overpayed free agent failures. they never know their assignments
                          on zone coverage and are too slow/unsavvy for man to man.

our linebackers can't cover or maintain a gap or tackle any one before they gain 4.7 yards.
                          yup thats right ..only 5 teams are worse in that category.

the d-line has JPP and a bunch of injured
                          used to be good when strahan was here wanna be's.

and i'm not sayin' perry fewell is or is not
                          the answer ; i'm just asking' how the heck would you know how could a coach is with this set of bums.
                          due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                          my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

Pat Kirwan on Sirius said SHOULD Spags get fired, he's likely going to the Eagles as that's who Lurie and the FANS would welcome back in a heart beat. Not only as a HC, but most certainly as a DC should Reid stay, and they WILL cough up the money to make it happen. He's from the Johnson tree, knows the team and fans, and is respected. Then he said "Giants fans want him, but I'd not hold my breath, that chapter has been written"
                            Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

[quote user="UK-Giantsfan"]TC
                              Gilbride
                              Spags

that would be ok ![/quote] +1
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X