Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas built their D for us, remember that...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dallas built their D for us, remember that...

    Another thing that has me more calm and level headed is that Dallas literally went out of their way to build their defense with our offense in mind. And really, it still didn't matter. If we didn't literally beat ourselves badly, that game should have been an easy victory.

    The rest of the upcoming schedule, aside from Philly who like Dallas also built their D to be able to match our offense, we face teams who don't have two good starting quality corners. They were able to offset what we do with our pass game to a degree. But it still wasn't enough imho, again, those drive killing drops and horrid run game was more of a factor in the loss than their secondary, but it still was improved.

    And it was game 1 so our offense wasn't even really clicking. I have no doubt that we will have a ton more success starting with TB and then Carolina, which will give the offense time to build the chemistry up. Philly and Dallas will be tougher, but still not enough imho to stop us.

  • #2
    Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    Another thing that has me more calm and level headed is that Dallas literally went out of their way to build their defense with our offense in mind. And really, it still didn't matter. If we didn't literally beat ourselves badly, that game should have been an easy victory.

    The rest of the upcoming schedule, aside from Philly who like Dallas also built their D to be able to match our offense, we face teams who don't have two good starting quality corners. They were able to offset what we do with our pass game to a degree. But it still wasn't enough imho, again, those drive killing drops and horrid run game was more of a factor in the loss than their secondary, but it still was improved.

    And it was game 1 so our offense wasn't even really clicking. I have no doubt that we will have a ton more success starting with TB and then Carolina, which will give the offense time to build the chemistry up. Philly and Dallas will be tougher, but still not enough imho to stop us.
    Rob ryan wanted to blitz a lot, but unlike rex, he didnt have the corners to do so last year. this year he does. It would be naive to think dallas built that defense just to stop us only. they built that defense because it goes along with Rob ryans coaching style. he wants to send the pressure and play tight man to man.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 09-07-2012, 02:44 PM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

    ~Big Mike~

    Comment


    • #3
      the cowboys organization themselves said they had to fix their backend bc of the success we were having on them. we won 5 of the last 6 vs them w their one win in that spin from Kitna in 2010...i know they didnt build it to solely defend us, but they had us on their minds when retooling their defense...and it was improved from past few years but again, if we didnt literally fumble and drop the game away, i think we win pretty easily. i know, shoulda woulda coulda with the goal line bs or the drops or the run game but still, i really felt until that midway of the 3rd we were going to win and should have been up a couple possessions. we couldnt get out of our own way...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
        Rob ryan wanted to blitz a lot, but unlike rex, he didnt have the corners to do so last year. this year he does. It would be naive to think dallas built that defense just to stop us only. they built that defense because it goes along with Rob ryans coaching style. he wants to send the pressure and play tight man to man.
        Dude Jerry Jones said it right outta his mouth that they got those corners to beat our offense Cruz and Nicks had over 550 yards last year in Two games against Dallas If they win both games last year you think they get rid of Newman and move up in the Draft, I don't think so.
        sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

        Comment


        • #5
          You generally have your division rivals in mind when building your teams... you DO have to face them twice a year.

          I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

          Comment


          • #6
            It's a passing league...if you can't stop the pass, you lose. Kudos to Dallas for spending their salary cap money wisely.

            I wish we spent the TT money on OL. But kudos to Reese for signing Bennett and trading for Rivers.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
              It's a passing league...if you can't stop the pass, you lose. Kudos to Dallas for spending their salary cap money wisely.

              I wish we spent the TT money on OL. But kudos to Reese for signing Bennett and trading for Rivers.
              To me the corners that Dallas got have yet to be seen if it was money well spent I'm not sold on Carr and Claiborne yet we did show a lot of rust.
              sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                the cowboys organization themselves said they had to fix their backend bc of the success we were having on them. we won 5 of the last 6 vs them w their one win in that spin from Kitna in 2010...i know they didnt build it to solely defend us, but they had us on their minds when retooling their defense...and it was improved from past few years but again, if we didnt literally fumble and drop the game away, i think we win pretty easily. i know, shoulda woulda coulda with the goal line bs or the drops or the run game but still, i really felt until that midway of the 3rd we were going to win and should have been up a couple possessions. we couldnt get out of our own way...
                i feel your pain bro, trust me. That loss hurts me just as much as it hurts you, but in all honestly dallas was the better team. if it were just metal errors i'd understand. But they won the physical battle.
                Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

                ~Big Mike~

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                  Dude Jerry Jones said it right outta his mouth that they got those corners to beat our offense Cruz and Nicks had over 550 yards last year in Two games against Dallas If they win both games last year you think they get rid of Newman and move up in the Draft, I don't think so.
                  Last year their secondary was their weakness on defense. This year they upgraded the secondary. We werent the only team smoking them with the passing attack. I believe he had us in mind, But like i said, if you look at it from a more general and broad standpoint, it would be naive to think they upgraded their secondary because of us only. The eagles were exposing them last year also
                  Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

                  ~Big Mike~

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                    You generally have your division rivals in mind when building your teams... you DO have to face them twice a year.
                    Exactly! All you need to do is win your Division. Learn how to beat the 3 other teams on a consistant basis and you'll be in the playoffs every year.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                      Last year their secondary was their weakness on defense. This year they upgraded the secondary. We werent the only team smoking them with the passing attack. I believe he had us in mind, But like i said, if you look at it from a more general and broad standpoint, it would be naive to think they upgraded their secondary because of us only. The eagles were exposing them last year also
                      Truth......
                      No one remembers who came in second.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Pretty dumb to take what Jerry says seriously. We face the Saints, Eagles 2x, Giants 2x, Falcons, Panthers, Steelers, Falcons, Bears.

                        We did not just build this for "you".

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by JayMillah View Post
                          Pretty dumb to take what Jerry says seriously. We face the Saints, Eagles 2x, Giants 2x, Falcons, Panthers, Steelers, Falcons, Bears.

                          We did not just build this for "you".
                          Well that's what your big mouth owner said.
                          sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                            the cowboys organization themselves said they had to fix their backend bc of the success we were having on them. we won 5 of the last 6 vs them w their one win in that spin from Kitna in 2010...i know they didnt build it to solely defend us, but they had us on their minds when retooling their defense...and it was improved from past few years but again, if we didnt literally fumble and drop the game away, i think we win pretty easily. i know, shoulda woulda coulda with the goal line bs or the drops or the run game but still, i really felt until that midway of the 3rd we were going to win and should have been up a couple possessions. we couldnt get out of our own way...
                            I agree with your assessment, as far as it goes, with some of what went wrong in that game. There is plenty of blame to go around, on both sides of the ball, for why the Giants lost. But, for me, the lions' share goes to the defensive back end in the second half. It allowed way too many big plays--from both the passing and running game. They made Romo look like Rodgers, Brees, or Brady. That's what ultimately killed us. And the failure of our defense to stop the first down conversion at the 2 minute warning was the final nail (because if Eli had 2 minutes to drive for a tie, I had complete faith he would have). That has to change when Prince gets back to full health. Also, Webster had a career lousy game, but I believe that will change.

                            As for Dallas' goals in FA and the draft this year, you're correct imo. It is a general rule of thumb for most teams that in order to win it's division it must defeat the division's best team, so drafting, trading, and/or FA moves to counter its division rivals is not unusual.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                              Well that's what your big mouth owner said.
                              Tell me how getting two good corners is only planned for 2 games when you face several high powered offenses this year? Enlighten me.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X