21/32 213 Yards 1 TD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21/32 213 Yards 1 TD

What Are Your Thoughts On Eli Manning's Week 1 Performance vs Cowboys?
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

It was alright. He should've threw it 20 more times.

Comment

Eli's performance was fine. His numbers would have been better if Mr Cruz decided to catch those 3 gimme passes that he dropped. 2 of them would have prolonged drives. Also consider he didn't have much time to throw.....their D-Line lived in our backfield. He was about what you'd expect given the circumstances.

Comment

The O line didn't give him time, the run didn't put him in good second down position and there were too many drops. They clean a few of these things up and he will look a ton better.

Comment

All in all Eli Manning had a good performance. He did miss on the throw that would have been a sure TD but he was fine. Even with the 6 drops his rating was 95.4 which really doesn’t mean anything because we lot.

Eli Manning made some nice decisions and I think we will see a further evolution to Eli Manning’s game this year and he will be even better than he was last year.

I bELIeve.

Comment

i think eli looked like he was playing at a level similar to the postseason run.

he played as well as a qb could play without getting help from the rest of the O. No run game, poor pass protection, and drops...and he still had us in it with a shot at OT. Im telling u guys, eli is gonna have an mvp like season.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
              i think eli looked like he was playing at a level similar to the postseason run.

he played as well as a qb could play without getting help from the rest of the O. No run game, poor pass protection, and drops...and he still had us in it with a shot at OT. Im telling u guys, eli is gonna have an mvp like season.
              Not if that O-Line doesn't protect his @ss. We got the Steelers, Ravens, San Fran, and every other pass rush happy team in the league on our schedule. They gotta get better NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrenceS59 View Post
                Not if that O-Line doesn't protect his @ss. We got the Steelers, Ravens, San Fran, and every other pass rush happy team in the league on our schedule. They gotta get better NOW.
                Wow I just expressed my concern about facing those teams with our O line just a couple minutes ago. Our O line needs to get better and needs to do so like right now. Every team will be coming after SuperBowl Champions and Eli Manning is a big target. He is toughest QB in NFL but damn it we need to protect him. We don’t want defenses teeing off on him. He is our franchise and I find it so hard to fathom that we did nothing in the off season to refortify our offensive line. It is unreal.

I bELIeve.

Comment

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in that offensive line film session.

Comment

A-

He did all he could with no support from the run game or oline.

Comment

Regarding his performance, I'm happy we saw zero turnovers. Our playoff runs and wins were due in part to Eli's lack of turnovers. One pick in each SB playoff run I believe, which is over the span of 4 games. Regular season Eli usually averages at least one pick a game. If he can average less than that, it will be a huge help.

Comment

I think Eli played fairly well, not great, but well. Considering that the running game and O-line were horrible, I would say he played as good as anyone could expect. However, the offense as a whole was not very good at all, especially in the first half. Unfortunately, even when they started moving the ball, they weren't playing as well as Dallas was, which is why I say he played "fairly well".
                        My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Izbo1 is that you? Been a while since I've seen one of these rate Eli's performance threads.

There's nothing Eli can do about those dropped passes. In football a single play, good or bad, can have a big effect on the outcome of the game.
                          Last edited by BeatYale; 09-08-2012, 12:36 PM.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

Eli did as great as he could given the nature of support he got from the offense. Had Cruz not dropped those 3 easy passes, Eli would be 24/32 (75% comp) for over 300 yards. The fact that he did not throw a single pick (or near-pick for that matter) despite having jack **** for an o-line is even more amazing.

Also, had Killdrive not wasted 1st and 2nd down all night with runs for no gain, Eli would have converted a lot more. We have an elite QB, why are we limiting pass attempts to 32? Why not 45-50?

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

I found it disturbing that the offense didn't score more than 3points until 5mins left the 3rd quarter. Not blaming Eli but the offensive continuity looks exactly the same as it did in the preseason with the first team offense....unproductive.

They need to be more aggressive through the air IMO.
                              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Working...
                              X