Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the hell are yall panicking for??? This was the loss we need to light the fire!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why the hell are yall panicking for??? This was the loss we need to light the fire!!

    As a life time giant fan I have learned that the Giants need a humiliating loss in order to go on a streak. Yes Cruz dropped some balls!!! Yes Webster got burnt!!! Yes, our defensive line did not stop the run!!! Yes our offensive line did not block!!! And yes, Dallas won the game!!! But in all actuality, we was still in this game!!! We was only down 7 points with a chance to score again.

    I believe Giants will come out in their next game with a dominating force. On top of that we have a long period before our next game. Giants coaches have time to fix these issues. So im not concerned at all. As sloppy as we looked we was still in it. If Dallas would have blown us out... maybe then I would be concerned!!! Hold your head Giant fans!!!

    I
    IF YOU KNOW FOOTBALL, THEN YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE WRONG FOR DEBATING WITH ME!!! BAD NEWS

  • #2
    i sincerely hope so, and i believe it will happen too. i think its good the team fell off its high horse now, rather than later when we have the really tough stretch of games

    Comment


    • #3
      Seriously to be panicking after this game means you had expectations way to high for this team.

      You can't compete in this league in you can't defend the pass and our secondary was the greatest concern coming in the season !

      As far as i'm concerned, this is what most games this season will look like, kinda like they did last year. Let's not forget, 5 solid-to-great games in a row don't transform a 8-7 team into a 12-4 one. Those 5 games will give you a Championship and that's obviously great, but it won't make you a good team.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by shotgundraw View Post
        Seriously to be panicking after this game means you had expectations way to high for this team.

        You can't compete in this league in you can't defend the pass and our secondary was the greatest concern coming in the season !

        As far as i'm concerned, this is what most games this season will look like, kinda like they did last year. Let's not forget, 5 solid-to-great games in a row don't transform a 8-7 team into a 12-4 one. Those 5 games will give you a Championship and that's obviously great, but it won't make you a good team.
        It didn't help that only one of our pro-bowler DE's played like a pro-bowler.

        I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
          It didn't help that only one of our pro-bowler DE's played like a pro-bowler.
          Pierre-Paul played awesome, he was disruptive on much of the snaps.
          Shame he was the only one ...

          Comment


          • #6
            Panic and knee-jerk reactions are the hallmark of the GMB. Hang around here long enough and you'll come to expect it

            You'd swear that the entire season was played in 1 game LOL
            The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by shotgundraw View Post
              Seriously to be panicking after this game means you had expectations way to high for this team.

              You can't compete in this league in you can't defend the pass and our secondary was the greatest concern coming in the season !

              As far as i'm concerned, this is what most games this season will look like, kinda like they did last year. Let's not forget, 5 solid-to-great games in a row don't transform a 8-7 team into a 12-4 one. Those 5 games will give you a Championship and that's obviously great, but it won't make you a good team.
              So my expectations of beating Dallas( who we have owned of late) were too high?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
                So my expectations of beating Dallas( who we have owned of late) were too high?
                No, but before last season, the Giants owned the hell out of the Skins. Its a division rival, and like it or not, it happens sometimes. I think what shotgundraw is implying is that a LOT of people are fully expecting a repeat, despite the odds being incredibly stacked against them, and they're the ones who are going completely berserk after this loss. We all want a repeat. Some folks have their hearts set on one, and they are the ones who are screaming the loudest right now.
                The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by shotgundraw View Post
                  Seriously to be panicking after this game means you had expectations way to high for this team.

                  You can't compete in this league in you can't defend the pass and our secondary was the greatest concern coming in the season !

                  As far as i'm concerned, this is what most games this season will look like, kinda like they did last year. Let's not forget, 5 solid-to-great games in a row don't transform a 8-7 team into a 12-4 one. Those 5 games will give you a Championship and that's obviously great, but it won't make you a good team.
                  I'm not panicking about the game, i'm panicking about the level of play by the team. It just seemed like some of the guys out there didn't care (Cruz, Webster, Osi), and the few that did care either screwed up and weren't given a chance to redeem themselves (Wilson), injured (Coe, Nicks), or played their best but couldn't hold up the rest of the team (Eli, Rivers, Bennett, Hixon, JPP, Weatherford)

                  I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                    No, but before last season, the Giants owned the hell out of the Skins. Its a division rival, and like it or not, it happens sometimes. I think what shotgundraw is implying is that a LOT of people are fully expecting a repeat, despite the odds being incredibly stacked against them, and they're the ones who are going completely berserk after this loss. We all want a repeat. Some folks have their hearts set on one, and they are the ones who are screaming the loudest right now.
                    I do not expect a repeat at all, I do however expectus to beat Dallas in our own stadium the first game we get to defend out title

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Don't confuse panic with distaste; this board will always let you know when they don't like something or the way someone is playing. When the coach calls the effort poor it reinforces what the fans are seeing and that was not a good effort Wednesday evening. They need to go back and fix some things and be sure that if they are still broken this board will point them out again; just like they did last year. It's great that fans can vent their frustration and commiserate in a forum such as this.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
                        I do not expect a repeat at all, I do however expectus to beat Dallas in our own stadium the first game we get to defend out title
                        Well, when it comes to division games, you have to expect anything to happen, good or bad. Dallas isn't as bad as most people think. If it was a team like Cleveland, then yes, the level of extreme disappointment would be warranted and understood.
                        The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
                          Don't confuse panic with distaste; this board will always let you know when they don't like something or the way someone is playing. When the coach calls the effort poor it reinforces what the fans are seeing and that was not a good effort Wednesday evening. They need to go back and fix some things and be sure that if they are still broken this board will point them out again; just like they did last year. It's great that fans can vent their frustration and commiserate in a forum such as this.
                          I completely agree. However, a lot of people here take their distaste to psychotic levels, and that stuff is apparently contagious. Yes, the level of effort was not good at all, but it was the 1st game of the season, and it doesn't justify going completely berserk and calling the season over. The overreactions are seriously messed up
                          The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
                            I do not expect a repeat at all, I do however expectus to beat Dallas in our own stadium the first game we get to defend out title
                            i think what he was trying to get across is we've won 5 of the last 6 vs dallas with 3-0 at dallas. every now and then a team is just due, and it doesnt matter if its opening game of the defending sb champs...which would you have preferred, lose vs dallas week 1 this season, or week 14 or 17 last season? I know thats a bit extreme, its just as u said, it seemed to be an effort thing for the players who didnt show us their best football, not a talent thing (except for the OL imo).

                            This team will be fine, there was still a whole lot of positives to take away from that game (if u want we could list them), and as much as it sucks and is kinda embarrassing we lost...its only 1 loss to, it pains me to say it, a good team in dallas. we're the better team imho and it will show thru the season. we didnt lose to the browns or jags or something. but i do unerstand ur concern and it is somewhat justified.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Why do they need to play a horrible game to light a fire?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X